Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 01:12 AM

1,012 posts, read 2,786,504 times

Advertisements

I mean really folks. A metro area full of successful and intelligent businessmen, professors, doctors, etc. and this is who north Knoxville elects? I'm ashamed.

Lumpy Unleashes : Citybeat : Metro Pulse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 09:44 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,377,168 times
Yep. There was a "situation" last week, too. I was going to write something but wasn't sure if anyone cared.

Check out this pic of him!

Lumpy Watch: Norman-Lambert feud continues today » Knoxville News Sentinel

Apparently, he's miffed because he wants a hillside to be developed. Looks like Lumpy has made special friends with someone.

There were stories about him all last week wreaking havoc wherever he went.

This is my favorite quote about him.

"People started shouting him down, saying shut up and sit down. This was yelling and it bordered on a riot. This is a scary situation - a riot with a man who goes armed is not a good thing."

Lambert says dispute with Norman personal, no meeting disruption » Knoxville News Sentinel

Old 07-21-2009, 11:44 AM

7,544 posts, read 17,280,209 times
heehee, Hik, the comments on the article are better than the photo itself.

I especially love:

Quote:
If there is any shooting, I hope it is Lumpy that gets hit. This is likely since he is as big as the broad side of a barn.
And this interchange:

Quote:
1) Can we see Lumpy's legs, ankle holster you know, maybe we can open all commission meetings with the entire commission patting Lumpy down. That oughta thin the crowd out at re-election time. "You touch him, no you touch him, heck no you touch him!"

2) I am pretty sure Lumpy has not touched (or seen) his ankles in years, so an ankle holster is probably not a big concern.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:45 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,377,168 times
Oh! I hadn't read the comments! They almost always have some funny ones!

Old 07-24-2009, 11:24 AM

9 posts, read 27,157 times
Lumpy just wants to be another Cas Walker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville