Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 08:03 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,486,336 times

Advertisements

Pssst, back on topic please. Bank info is in another thread. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 12:15 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,270,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLuce View Post
MIG is that local down there somewhere? I'll start another thread but not sure what I should be looking for in a bank? We just use a small bank here in town, more personal and free checking.
Yes. MIG is the largest local mortgage company.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,420 times
Quote:
My husband and I are going to be moving within the next year to 18 months to East Tennessee. We have made a couple trips over with another upcoming trip the first weekend in November to look around some more. Our problem is actually finding exactly what we are looking for in a home and property. So we are also considering a factory built home and buying some property. I am having problems finding what factory built home is a good sound one, that is over in the TN/ NC area. I have read a lot of information on them on the internet but haven't spoke to anyone over there that can recommend a couple reputable factory built home builders.
I know there is a dealer of a few different ones in Madisonville, TN and we might check there as a starting point. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Call Georgia Modular Systems!!! We Are # 1 in quality and our custom built homes are very strucally sound and we build for most of southern states! go to [URL="http://www.Georgia"]www.Georgia[/URL] modular systems.com and veiw our site. im michael mcgovern Asst. Production manager here and we want your bussiness

Old 03-24-2010, 01:11 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,937,911 times
Default Land for Manufactured homes

The problem I'm finding is that you can not find land to put them on. Unless you want to be way out in the middle of no where! Most of the land will not permit manufactured homes, they want site built. I'm looking for something between Knox & Dandridge area, not much luck.

Last edited by 370z; 03-24-2010 at 01:12 PM.. Reason: error

Old 03-24-2010, 05:05 PM

290 posts, read 764,026 times
My understanding is that these homes are not considered "manufacturered" homes. They have to meet the same requirements that regular stick built homes are required to meet. They are system built homes. Maybe the folks that aren't allowing a home your considering is because it's a manufactured double wide or something? Just a thought.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:33 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,937,911 times
Quote:
My understanding is that these homes are not considered "manufacturered" homes. They have to meet the same requirements that regular stick built homes are required to meet. They are system built homes. Maybe the folks that aren't allowing a home your considering is because it's a manufactured double wide or something? Just a thought.
Don't know. Most of them say they need to be stick & site built. Many need to be all brick in some of the subdivisions. I think I'll venture out into other areas. I really wanted to find something in Dandridge, but so much has been already bought up & made into subdivisions with restrictions(HOA)
& I don't want to get into that sort of thing.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufford View Post
Don't know. Most of them say they need to be stick & site built. Many need to be all brick in some of the subdivisions. I think I'll venture out into other areas. I really wanted to find something in Dandridge, but so much has been already bought up & made into subdivisions with restrictions(HOA)
& I don't want to get into that sort of thing.
I don't blame you. I don't want to live next door to a bunch of trash but I also don't want anyone telling me what to put on my house ie. brick, siding etc. I don't live that way now and I'm not going to start. Good luck in your search.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:23 PM

851 posts, read 2,457,616 times
Some friends of mine brought from Wood's (in Knoxville ). They have had their home for about 13 years and have not had any trouble. They love it.
I have talked to them as well about purchasing a home and they have been very nice and have gone out of the way to help.
LLuce - Did you ever get any property or decide on a home?
Bufford - We looked for unrestricted acres about 3 years ago and we found quite a few. Just not alway what or where we wanted.
Then we found exactly what we wanted in one of the local papers. So glad we picked up all those local newspapers from each little town. It sure worked out for us.
Don't give up you will find what you are looking for.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLORIDA TO NIOTA 2010 View Post
Some friends of mine brought from Wood's (in Knoxville ). They have had their home for about 13 years and have not had any trouble. They love it.
I have talked to them as well about purchasing a home and they have been very nice and have gone out of the way to help.
LLuce - Did you ever get any property or decide on a home?
Bufford - We looked for unrestricted acres about 3 years ago and we found quite a few. Just not alway what or where we wanted.
Then we found exactly what we wanted in one of the local papers. So glad we picked up all those local newspapers from each little town. It sure worked out for us.
Don't give up you will find what you are looking for.
What is Woods? We haven't been able to get back over to Knoxville since last Fall to do anymore looking. We plan our vacation the end of June with our motorcycles to head back over that way and to see our friends in Knoxville. We were going to make a long weekend trip over there to just do some more looking this spring, but my mom was diagnosed with cancer in February so we're not sure what's gonna happen or when now as far as moving. My husband and I thought about checking local papers and hoping we could find something from an individual rather than through a real estate person.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:06 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,270,401 times
Yes, there is property out there that is unrestricted, but it is just that, unrestricted. At that point, you would have to buy enough land around you to make sure that you have some sort of a buffer if you are so inclined. It is surely a Catch-22. Some folks want to build modular and some folks don't want to live next to them.

I do want to mention that it is always a good idea to hire a professional - ANY professional - to assist you, especially when it is FREE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville