Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2010, 09:42 PM

2 posts, read 5,417 times

Advertisements

Moving to Knoxville and debating between Covered Bridge and Whittington Creek. Have found houses we like in both neighborhoods, but not sure which neighborhood we like better. My wife and I are in our mid-30s and have a 1.5 year old daughter and another on the way. Also, have a dog. We would like to get into a neighborhood with younger families where we could make friends quickly. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 01:33 AM

1,012 posts, read 2,782,132 times
Honestly, I am not familiar with Covered Bridge. But I can tell you that Whittington Creek is a surprisingly pedestrian-friendly suburban neighborhood with an seemingly nice pool and neighborhood vibe. Also, it is located in one of my favorite Knoxville metro areas, off Northshore between Bearden and the Concord area. The area is full parks with plenty of lake access.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:16 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,515,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtoKnoxville View Post
Moving to Knoxville and debating between Covered Bridge and Whittington Creek. Have found houses we like in both neighborhoods, but not sure which neighborhood we like better. My wife and I are in our mid-30s and have a 1.5 year old daughter and another on the way. Also, have a dog. We would like to get into a neighborhood with younger families where we could make friends quickly. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks.
Whittington Creek is established and Covered Bridge is new, among other differences. To me, they are very different neighborhoods. I would ask where you will be working (what part of town), your lifestyle, etc. Both are nice, very nice, neighborhoods.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:29 AM

2 posts, read 5,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
Whittington Creek is established and Covered Bridge is new, among other differences. To me, they are very different neighborhoods. I would ask where you will be working (what part of town), your lifestyle, etc. Both are nice, very nice, neighborhoods.
Thanks for the info! I will be working out of my house, which makes commutes not much of an issue. We are a young, active family and don't know many people in town, so we want to be in an area where we can get to know some other young families quickly.

Thanks for your help.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:41 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,515,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtoKnoxville View Post
Thanks for the info! I will be working out of my house, which makes commutes not much of an issue. We are a young, active family and don't know many people in town, so we want to be in an area where we can get to know some other young families quickly.

Thanks for your help.
Whittington Creek has families of all ages; but some of the folks in there are going to be a bit older than you. I think you stand a better chance of meeting more families similar in age to you in Covered Bridge. I don't have anything to base that on other than past experiences. When I think of Covered Bridge I think of active, progressive and that sounds like your family. Whittington is a bit more wave from your driveway type neighborhood; although there are nice people there that do form friendships. Truly though, you can't go wrong in either place.

Best of luck to you in your move and Welcome to Knoxville!

Old 01-17-2010, 10:04 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,390,898 times
Welcome Newtoknoxville, and hope your enjoy getting to know areas you have mentioned. There is not a lot of things to compare as Covered Bridge gives you the country feel and only some 5 miles off of Pellissippi, and Whittington Creek is more like being in the city. The CB will allow you to be in the new Hardin Valley School systems, and only a short distance to Turkey Creek , by either going across Campbelll Station, and only a few miles to the Watt rd access to 1-40. The Club house is nice ae Covered Bridge and all the common areas and walking trails are nice. You will find lots of young families and lots of children. Good luck, and and happy searching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville