Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2012, 09:57 AM

137 posts, read 278,991 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

I've got 2 nites left here, Las Cruces says 3 1/2 hours drive. I want to check it out for two three nites. Anywhere safe and inexpensive? Here at Suburban extended I got 7 nights for 300. Thanks, I'll be checking in.

Loving ABQ. Only hate is the traffic, I'm no city girl at heart. Would like to get a feel for Las Cruces too.

Thank you my friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 10:22 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,783,825 times
A few years ago we stayed at the "La Quinta" chain in Las Cruces, about a block off I-10. It was ok/good, we were driving through.

There are some recommendations in this thread: Las Cruces Hotels, Motels

Old 10-23-2012, 12:40 PM

2,272 posts, read 6,671,167 times
We liked the Hotel Encanto. It's a safer area. I don't remember how much it costs, though. More than the cheapest chains, to be sure.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:00 PM

17,807 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
We liked the Hotel Encanto. It's a safer area. I don't remember how much it costs, though. More than the cheapest chains, to be sure.
I'm staying there in a couple of weeks. It's $109 per night. It is in the nicer part of town. There reasonable places all along the I-25 corridor. Also there are some reasonable places clustered on Valley Drive and University Ave.

Tulsa, I'm glad you are going to get down to Cruces. It is definitely different than Alb so you will get to see.

On your way back home take the route through Alamogordo, Ruidoso, Roswell, Portales, and Clovis up to Amarillo. It will save you time and it is an easy drive on wide 4 lane roads. You can bypass all the larger towns except Ruidoso and Portales.

Ruidoso is worth a look actually if you have a little time left. Should take about 11.5 to 12 hours driving from LC back to Tulsa. Be safe and let us know what you thought of LC.

I'm going down looking for a house. Lots of bargains there right now.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:26 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,168,152 times
This web site has a recent and apparently comprehensive list of hotels and motels in the Las Cruces area, with pricing.

Las Cruces hotels

I can recommend the Best Western Mission Inn on W. Main. It's an older motel - with parking outside your room - which is always nice for me. Off the major beaten paths and quiet as a result. The free breakfast is in their restaurant - not a buffet but with a waitress to take your order. The last time I was there they had freshly made cinnamon rolls, which is enough to insure my return visit.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:04 PM

16,394 posts, read 30,296,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
A few years ago we stayed at the "La Quinta" chain in Las Cruces, about a block off I-10. It was ok/good, we were driving through.

There are some recommendations in this thread: Las Cruces Hotels, Motels

I agree with you. I have stayed there several times and it is is both nice and reasonable.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:58 AM

137 posts, read 278,991 times
I changed my mind at the last minute. I was really tired, and the idea of the drive there and then back to Tulsa sorta overwhelmed me. I also guessed that if Las Cruces is so much browner than ABQ I wouldn't love it. So I am back home in Tulsa. Thank you for the suggestions, I know that others will find it very useful.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:57 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,713,543 times
When I lived in LC there was no bad part of town but that was in 2006-2008 so it could have changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces