Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2021, 05:08 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,790,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoster View Post
Absolute max of 300k.

We have a realtor we're working with, but he hasn't responded this morning to my list of homes I found. Hopefully he gets back soon because I know it's a fast market and later today I have to work.

These are my current thoughts:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...7_M12853-71007

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...7_M13985-47675

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...1_M98983-56642

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...1_M14979-24571

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...1_M16546-65125

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...1_M19955-59446
Miller has been on the market 211 and seems to be occupieed. That's in an area that is rather unique. Not Picacho Hills, but the area surrounding it that's a mixed bag. Very secluded area over there. Only one other home is for sale in that immediate area. I wonder if it just looks a little dated (flooring, tile)

1595 Vista Del Cerro looks like there is a property disclosure in the internal MLS document. Before making any offer your realtor should submit this to you, it's easy and can be exported as a PDF. I took a look, and the big thing that they say "no" to is there has been no roof leak.

1944 Sedona Hills Parkway. That's on the side of the street not facing the park, which means you will have neighbors in the back yard on Lone Tree Lane. Looks like that one fell through once, and is now back on the market. $150 annual HOA, this is one of those where you are paying only for common area grounds maintenance.

1679 Boulders. That's one of those in the 55+ HOA so has a monthly and annual HOA. I sold the one two doors down two years ago at 1673. Looks like it just went pending.

2925 Scenic Circle looks like it also went pending today. That's in a little older area of town. The resale wouldn't have been as high.

The one that would have held its value and sold higher is definitely the Boulders 55+. There are only 91 total units there and they won't be growing as it is built out. These types of HOAs are the ones in short supply in this city. The building quality on those units is high and they are almost always beautifully maintaned by the owners. No street parking there is allowed either, which is desirable to many from out of the area who aren't used to large living arrangements, which often is in corrolation with rentals.

I am going to have a listing I expect to go live around the middle of next week off of Elks. The address 4108 Seneca Drive. The home was built in 2005, and is 2500 square feet. I think it will be a goner in a day the way things are going.

Last edited by mike0421; 02-02-2021 at 05:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2021, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyo View Post
ah, I wondered that having read your posts. Great! Thank you. I've saved this thread for future information too.

You mentioned the Rasaaf Hills area earlier in this thread and it looks like an area my husband would prefer, however, I'm not so sure it's in our price range. I'm looking in the $250k - $325k range and from a brief look at that neighborhood it seems those houses cost more. I like the idea of a newer home having owned two older ones, hubby maybe not so much. Time will tell.......
There was one in Rasaaf last year that went just at $325,000. That's about as low as they go. The owner had died and the estate sold it, so it wasn't in great condition, but it was my buyer's second choice nonetheless (he ended up in Talavera). We all have personal favorite areas, and Rasaaf is mine.

Old 02-03-2021, 08:00 AM

137 posts, read 142,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Miller has been on the market 211 and seems to be occupieed. That's in an area that is rather unique. Not Picacho Hills, but the area surrounding it that's a mixed bag. Very secluded area over there. Only one other home is for sale in that immediate area. I wonder if it just looks a little dated (flooring, tile)

1595 Vista Del Cerro looks like there is a property disclosure in the internal MLS document. Before making any offer your realtor should submit this to you, it's easy and can be exported as a PDF. I took a look, and the big thing that they say "no" to is there has been no roof leak.

1944 Sedona Hills Parkway. That's on the side of the street not facing the park, which means you will have neighbors in the back yard on Lone Tree Lane. Looks like that one fell through once, and is now back on the market. $150 annual HOA, this is one of those where you are paying only for common area grounds maintenance.

1679 Boulders. That's one of those in the 55+ HOA so has a monthly and annual HOA. I sold the one two doors down two years ago at 1673. Looks like it just went pending.

2925 Scenic Circle looks like it also went pending today. That's in a little older area of town. The resale wouldn't have been as high.

The one that would have held its value and sold higher is definitely the Boulders 55+. There are only 91 total units there and they won't be growing as it is built out. These types of HOAs are the ones in short supply in this city. The building quality on those units is high and they are almost always beautifully maintaned by the owners. No street parking there is allowed either, which is desirable to many from out of the area who aren't used to large living arrangements, which often is in corrolation with rentals.

I am going to have a listing I expect to go live around the middle of next week off of Elks. The address 4108 Seneca Drive. The home was built in 2005, and is 2500 square feet. I think it will be a goner in a day the way things are going.
We ended up putting an offer in on a house on Lone Tree Lane. The area feels good and our house would be among the least expensive with much more expensive houses in the neighborhood. The HOA is yearly and not utterly unreasonable, though I'm not a huge fan of HOAs, I can live with the restrictions in place on this one...

Quote:
There was one in Rasaaf last year that went just at $325,000. That's about as low as they go. The owner had died and the estate sold it, so it wasn't in great condition, but it was my buyer's second choice nonetheless (he ended up in Talavera). We all have personal favorite areas, and Rasaaf is mine.
We just looked at one in there for 275k which I loved due to the yard. My wife just preferred the interior of the house on Lone Tree and at the end of the day you look at the inside of the house a lot more then the outside.

Old 02-03-2021, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoster View Post
We ended up putting an offer in on a house on Lone Tree Lane. The area feels good and our house would be among the least expensive with much more expensive houses in the neighborhood. The HOA is yearly and not utterly unreasonable, though I'm not a huge fan of HOAs, I can live with the restrictions in place on this one...

We just looked at one in there for 275k which I loved due to the yard. My wife just preferred the interior of the house on Lone Tree and at the end of the day you look at the inside of the house a lot more then the outside.
Lone Tree is an excellent choice Skoster. I mentioned areas that are in decline vs those that are holding or are gaining. Lone Tree will be good forever. It's a solid street surrounded by a very solid neighborhood. Congratulations!

Old 02-04-2021, 07:30 AM

137 posts, read 142,485 times
Quote:
Lone Tree is an excellent choice Skoster. I mentioned areas that are in decline vs those that are holding or are gaining. Lone Tree will be good forever. It's a solid street surrounded by a very solid neighborhood. Congratulations!
Thanks, but we just learned that two other offers were put in at the same time as ours, and I suspect at least one will be higher. :/

Likely back on the hunt soon!

Old 05-02-2021, 11:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,074 times
Quote:
Hi Skoster,

There are three different types of HOAs in the Las Cruces area. They can be generally distinguished by gradations of amenities are involved. The first type of HOA is one that carries an annual fee only. In these HOAs these are smaller (I used to live in Las Alamedas) about $350-$500 annual. These HOAs are not gated, and what you are paying for is generally grounds maintenance. For instance Pinnacle View Road, which is in the HOA, has a divider in the middle of the road with foiliage. These HOAs do not usually have a very bonded architectural review committee, particularly the older ones. I once re-painted my house a blunt yellow, and had one neighbor that didn't like it very much. However, nothing was done.

The other HOAs with gated areas are generally much more restrictive in what can and cannot be done to your home or ways to utilize the existing space. If the community has a common area with a pool and/or clubhouse, the monthly fee that accompanies the annual fee will be much higher. This will definitely be the case for an HOA such as Morningstar Condominiums. The Boulders and Boulders 55 + will also have that distinction, as well as the Pueblos Phases I, II and III. In the unincorporated areas you will have some communities in the valley that also are gated, but without common areas. These will have restrictive code but will not have the common areas. Since there area gates only, the fee will be monthly, but not nearly as high.

If you want to DM me, I have many of the HOAs stored already on my laptop from prior transactions. I can also get into specific annual and/or monthly fees. I hope this helps.
We are looking to buy a new build in rancho de Gallo. Do you have any information on if that area is hard to work with on the covenants they have? I’m not sure if it is a hoa or not....

Old 05-03-2021, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla Kalb View Post
We are looking to buy a new build in rancho de Gallo. Do you have any information on if that area is hard to work with on the covenants they have? I’m not sure if it is a hoa or not....
Good afternoon Starla, I can help you with that. Do you have an address? If not, that's fine I will search by legal subdivision instead. Rancho de Gallo is the name of the community?

Update: I searched please verify these are the lots off of Dona Ana Road, north of Thorpe, by Harvey Farm Road? That area is HOA free, if that's the area you are asking of.

Old 10-17-2023, 08:29 PM

1 posts, read 291 times
A couple years late but this seems to be the only HOA helpful posts I’ve found for the city of Las Cruces. We are looking to buy a condo in the Hillrise neighborhood off of Telshor. “Echo Lane Villas” is what they’re called. Their HOA fee is $225 a month. This includes water/waste/sewage, insurance, maintenance, and upkeep of any roofing and exterior damage. Does that monthly price seem reasonable for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces