Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2023, 02:27 PM

565 posts, read 471,668 times

Advertisements

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Las_Cr...alley_massacre
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2023, 02:02 PM

32 posts, read 47,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Hey Redcrow46, glad to hear its working out for you better in Tucson. Out of curiosity, what neighborhood did you live in when you lived in Las Cruces? I understand the presence of that activity, but I would say that there are some areas that doesn't happen in, at all, namely Talavera and Picacho Hills.
We were off Spruce. We have some friends that live in Legends West who are putting their house up for sale because of all the shootings and stolen property taking place. Looks like things are getting worse. They are moving out to the country as they have a business in LC and have to stay.

We couldn’t be happier in Tucson. Best decision we ever made! To anyone who is thinking about making the move to LC, do your research! Lots of thugs, homeless, drug addicts and wanna-be cartel homies! We found it to be a truly third world city! It’s only a matter of time before all the crime starts to infest areas like Sonoma Ranch.

Old 11-29-2023, 09:52 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,798,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcrow46 View Post
We were off Spruce. We have some friends that live in Legends West who are putting their house up for sale because of all the shootings and stolen property taking place. Looks like things are getting worse. They are moving out to the country as they have a business in LC and have to stay.

We couldn’t be happier in Tucson. Best decision we ever made! To anyone who is thinking about making the move to LC, do your research! Lots of thugs, homeless, drug addicts and wanna-be cartel homies! We found it to be a truly third world city! It’s only a matter of time before all the crime starts to infest areas like Sonoma Ranch.
Spruce encompasses everything on the street west of 25 to the junction of West Picacho and Main St. Admittedly, that area that you lived in wasn't the best.

Old 12-07-2023, 10:00 AM

1,949 posts, read 2,297,831 times
I have lived in Las Cruces and ALBQ and Espanola , there is a hispanic with a chip on its shoulder culture , LA Gangsters that moved there in the 80's and 90's, 3rd and 4th Gen Mexicans kids that want more out of life but don't know how to actually work for it. Lots of drugs, crime and theft. And don't forgot the white pot head kids doing their best to get nowhere. I find a very Interesting mix of modern America with a rich cultural past. The best take advantage of the lottery scholarships get educated and leave !

Old 12-09-2023, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilberry View Post
I have lived in Las Cruces and ALBQ and Espanola , there is a hispanic with a chip on its shoulder culture , LA Gangsters that moved there in the 80's and 90's, 3rd and 4th Gen Mexicans kids that want more out of life but don't know how to actually work for it. Lots of drugs, crime and theft. And don't forgot the white pot head kids doing their best to get nowhere. I find a very Interesting mix of modern America with a rich cultural past. The best take advantage of the lottery scholarships get educated and leave !
My kids are attending NMSU for free, pretty much. My son is getting paid as he won a scholarship last year, and that was on top of free education. Brain drain is a thing. The kids do need to stay, but there has to be a viable workforce that reports to places of employment that pay adequately. In Las Cruces, and in New Mexico, those roads lead to the federal government. That has to be reversed, and private sector growth needs to be encouraged. Until then, this state will never, ever turn an economic corner.

Old 12-11-2023, 04:43 PM

11,047 posts, read 6,875,918 times
That's what I saw living in northern New Mexico. The only decent jobs were government: city, county, state, federal. Once in a while I'd see a small business that thrives, especially if it was essential services, but most of the jobs pretty much everywhere are low end dead end jobs.

Old 12-20-2023, 09:45 PM

983 posts, read 528,228 times
I lived in Cruces for 4 years back around 2010, and again for 6 months about 4 years ago when the huge amount of crime in Abq drove me out. It was almost impossible to find much to do in Cruces, especially w/ live music. If a band did come it was usually Country. The city really doesn't have much to offer, its trying to become a retirement place, especially w/ the new construction toward the Organs. Restaurants other than chains were severely limited. Downtown had a huge police and Border Patrol presence, and they could be overly aggressive depending on what ethnicity you appeared to be.

I stayed out past the mall and you seldom saw the police, but you seldom needed them there either. Its sad to hear El Paso mentioned as an upgrade as it looks and feels terrible over there. I hope speculators don't ruin the low cost of housing in Cruces. As one heads toward the mountains, the developers seem intent on making it anywhere USA for the retirees.

When I left Cruces I moved to Tucson, a city I knew well, and got trapped during COVID. Each time I've come to Tucson it seems to have gotten worse, and there was frequent crime and road rage after COVID calmed down. Not at an Abq level, it's hard to describe just how dangerous it is over there, but the road rage in Tucson was really bad. I left there for Little Rock a year ago and the change from NM and Az is astonishing! People are friendly, polite and outgoing. There is crime, but its specific to certain areas and mostly between people who had a falling out or something. I haven't been called Sir so much in my life.

There are still nice places in the country, but Tucson would not be high on my list if I was moving from Cruces. It's a beautiful place in many parts, but the people are not pleasant to be around. NM people can be friendly, but nothing like the people in The South.

Last edited by stephenMM; 12-20-2023 at 10:13 PM..

Old 12-21-2023, 10:02 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,092,842 times
Cool name for a thread!

Old 01-11-2024, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 184 times
Default Relocating to Las cruces

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Spruce encompasses everything on the street west of 25 to the junction of West Picacho and Main St. Admittedly, that area that you lived in wasn't the best.
Hi Mike, what do think of the north valley area , we saw some homes on Villita loop we liked .

Old 01-12-2024, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reota048 View Post
Hi Mike, what do think of the north valley area , we saw some homes on Villita loop we liked .
I've personally sold a home to buyers from Arizona two years ago on Villita Loop. First rate street. I highly endorse that stretch of North Valley. My clients are very happy living there. Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces