Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 05:28 PM

3 posts, read 19,736 times

Advertisements

Mountain View reminds me of a small coop health food store I visited in Boulder, Colorado, back in the early 70s....small and a bit over priced for most things, but overall nice. I like Toucan's Market just as well. What Cruces needs is a Trader Joes. Anyone willing to sign a petition to get one here?

BarefootGuy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 07:36 PM

2,272 posts, read 6,683,136 times
Sure, I'd sign one. I've never been to one but most people I know who have really like them.

Old 08-09-2009, 06:47 PM

702 posts, read 2,299,318 times
Having a Trader Joe's here is a recurring topic. About a year ago an associate of mine actually called TJ's HQ and asked if Las Cruces was on their radar for a store in the near future - we're not. I'm sure they do their research and look at the demographics. Personally, I think they would be very successful here. I know a handful of people who make a point to shop at TJ's every time they visit Tucson or ABQ. If the over-priced foo-foo-ness of Toucan Market is making it here, certainly a TJ's would do well. They have a lot of unique products at very decent prices.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:03 PM

Went to Mountain View today for the first time. I was disappointed. The produce section was tiny and not all that appealing.

I like Toucan Market much better. They have more produce and it looks fresher. Their meat selection is better, too, and it's fresh, not frozen.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:54 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,187,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Went to Mountain View today for the first time. I was disappointed. The produce section was tiny and not all that appealing.

I like Toucan Market much better. They have more produce and it looks fresher. Their meat selection is better, too, and it's fresh, not frozen.
Have you visited Big Daddys Flea Mkt on Sat or Sun in your produce search? Not an encyclopedic selection by any means, but usually good quality at low prices, and sometimes stuff you don't see elsewhere. There are a few different vendors, so walk the whole place before deciding. It's also a "slice of life" experience...good people watching, etc., and you never know WHAT you're going to see for sale there.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:59 PM

I passed it the other day, and am very excited to go there!

Old 08-25-2009, 12:59 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,187,820 times
It will be, at once, a thrill and a disappointment . Say hello to the frustrated bull for me!

Old 09-29-2009, 03:58 PM

3 posts, read 6,299 times
Default moving/ relocating to NM

Hi

Moving to Carlsbad. How far to Las Cruces?

Anyone know organic co-ops or food stores in Carlsbad or nearby? Are there large chain food stores that carry organic groceries in the state or our areas?

Anyone have any names or sources for info on rental apts or houses in Carlsbad?

Didn't realize how small it is.

Thanks

Old 09-30-2009, 12:20 AM

1,663 posts, read 3,708,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss hendrix View Post
Hi

Moving to Carlsbad. How far to Las Cruces?

Anyone know organic co-ops or food stores in Carlsbad or nearby? Are there large chain food stores that carry organic groceries in the state or our areas?

Anyone have any names or sources for info on rental apts or houses in Carlsbad?

Didn't realize how small it is.

Thanks
It's a 4 hour drive according to google maps... Odessa, TX is close to 3 hours. Carlbad is pretty isolated from bigger cities.

I'm not sure what's there as far as co-ops, etc.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:30 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,914,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkymonkey View Post
Ok, if mt. view is too hippy for you, try Toucan.
The Alamogordo paper had a Toucan Market flyer yesterday. I guess I am going to have to get my butt in gear and make a trip down, along with Sam's Club and some good Mexican food.

God knows I can't get that here, unless I go over to Casa de Suenos in Tularosa! Thank God for them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces