Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 01:52 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,694,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Oh, forgive the "their" typo in my last post.

Phew -- DQ is a sometimes treat too, though I prefer local places with more soft-serve flavors.

In LC we went to a frozen custard place. Eh.
Caliche's perhaps? They're all over town.

We've got Cold Stone Creamery (one) too. I think they are overpriced, but, it is a nice treat once in a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 02:12 PM

2,272 posts, read 6,667,294 times
Yes, Caliche's. Only chocolate and vanilla as I recall and certainly not cheap. I love the one local place here, because it serves coffee soft serve. I get a coffee/vanilla twist for $1.35. Yum. My daughter will love to know there is a Cold Stone Creamery!

But we are going into this move with the attitude that life will be somewhat different, and we will take LC as it is, even if it doesn't have a Dunkin' Donuts. There's nothing worse than new transplants who come in and complain about how they miss things back home. We do not want to be THOSE people!

Old 07-16-2009, 03:01 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,179,153 times
Quote:
I have had their donuts, and like them just fine. I will have one very rarely, and it's always good.

Speaking of junk food, are their Dairy Queens there?
When you get to LC you can begin to explore the delights of Pan Dulce at Mexican bakeries around town. There are a number of them. Somewhat different from a Dunkin'. I prefer crispy and not too sweet Orejas (ears). Great with coffee.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:03 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,275,915 times
There's DQ's but the old Dunkin' Donuts on Elpaseo has been a superstyles for many years. You can get Krispy Kreame's at most PicQuicks (7-11 type store). But that's the best there is.

as for local bakeries I like the Empanadas but the pan dulces have a strange consistency to me plus the icing is too much. Then again they don't hearken back to my childhood and some of things that do, would be strange to you! lol

Old 07-17-2009, 10:40 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,077,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
... If I'm going to bad, it's going to be worth it! ...
OK. I'll bite: What's "worth it?"

- fudge?
-- ice cream?

Maybe you are not a sweet tooth.

--- bacon?
---- chicken fried steak?

Old 07-19-2009, 08:03 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,723,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
OK. I'll bite: What's "worth it?"

- fudge?
-- ice cream?

Maybe you are not a sweet tooth.

--- bacon?
---- chicken fried steak?
You got it, bacon, mac and cheese, Popeye's . . .

Old 07-19-2009, 10:58 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,077,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
You got it, bacon, mac and cheese, Popeye's . . .
Mmmmmm. Kraft Chees & Macaroni with green chile and tuna mixed in.

I was watching the Jim Gaffigan: do his ( King Baby ) Comedy Channel
do almost 20 minutes on bacon. Here is a piece:

Jim Gaffigan: King Baby | Jim Gaffigan - Most Beautiful Thing on Earth | Jokes.com

Old 07-26-2009, 03:37 AM

12 posts, read 37,562 times
A few partners and myself looked into opening a franchise. We were told that they were not looking to expand in Las Cruces because they were focusing on their core distribution channels in the East Coast.

But with there being one right in El Paso I really don't understand the logic.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:44 AM

1,399 posts, read 4,179,153 times
Quote:

But we are going into this move with the attitude that life will be somewhat different, and we will take LC as it is, even if it doesn't have a Dunkin' Donuts. There's nothing worse than new transplants who come in and complain about how they miss things back home. We do not want to be THOSE people!
Lawmom...whaddya mean? Complaining about what LC doesn't have (like back home) is a favorite sport of new arrivals, just as complaining that LC isn't what it used to be is a fave passtime of long-time residents
What else would we talk about?

Old 07-29-2009, 12:55 AM

216 posts, read 731,987 times
Didn't Dunkin Donuts in El Paso close?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces