Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 02:28 AM

112 posts, read 224,844 times

Advertisements

LOL. Mon Ami Gabi was one of the suggestions I sent.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:54 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
Haha. I'm just glad it's 2:30 am in NYC, because I'm sure JFK would have beat me to it.
Tried to rep you...but couldn't. You're right...was asleep by midnight...but got to admit...you would have had me anyway on that one.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:44 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,245,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamping View Post
LOL. Mon Ami Gabi was one of the suggestions I sent.
Probably mentioned the good resources like Nightlifeguru, too?

I wouldn't be surprised if we sent the same information.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:26 AM

351 posts, read 837,223 times
Big Elvis plays in the lounge at Bill's Gambling Hall M-F late afternoon to early evening. Free, fun, & $1 margaritas in the bar in the back of the hall. All my guests love the show-it's always rated some kind of Best of Vegas.
My fav food place for value is Grand Lux Cafe at The Venetian & another at The Palazzo. Portions are HUGE so you must share! My sis & I share the Caramel Chicken & have leftovers for at least one more meal for each of us.
Of course the can't miss Bellagio fountains & the volcano at The Mirage. (That pirate show at TI is always so darned crowded.)

Old 09-23-2010, 11:07 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,057 times
I love the atmosphere while standing outside at night watching the Bellagio fountains with the music. Especially when the weather is nice.

Also- check out the cool botanical flower display inside the Bellagio. (free.)

Old 09-23-2010, 08:04 PM

383 posts, read 901,384 times
The flower display is awesome, but I'd imagine a group of girls from NJ has seen fall colors before. Buy 5 day passes for the bus so you can get around easy. The passeswill get you all over town and up and down the strip easily. Fremont Street is free and fun. A group of girls should have no problem getting into clubs free. Have fun.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:09 PM

24,408 posts, read 26,964,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njchick1 View Post
i'm going to vegas for the first time with some of my girlfriends!

just wanted to see if anybody had any suggestions for things for us to do. we are on somewhat of a tight budget. meaning we won't be staying at the palms or bellagio and won't be going to any super fancy restaurants for every meal but will fork up some money if its worth it.

we are a group between 21-25

which are the good clubs? i read somewhere that we can get in before a certain time for free and get free drinks if you meet some promoters.

places to eat, a good (inexpensive) spa??
things to do during the day...
we probably won't be seeing any shows as tickets seem to be very expensive, but if there are any suggestions for must see or cheap tickets we'd love to hear!
Clubs:

TAO is my favorite! A lot of fun, nice looking crowd, and a great atmosphere. It's located in the Venetian. Pure is the most overrated club in my opinion, crowded to the point dancing is impossible, most of the club is roped off for VIP sections, which cost $$$$$. You won't get free drinks, but I'm sure you could easily get some guys to buy you drinks. $15 Jager Bombs and $10 Heinekens...work your magic or pre-game in a cheap bar.

Restaurants:

Mon Ami Gabi is a great restaurant inside Paris. Go there for lunch, great value.

Spas:

Go to Imperial Spa. It's a traditional Korean Bath House. You can get a 70 minute massage and all day access to the spa for $90. They have a bunch of steam rooms, saunas, clay ball pits, clay hot rooms, jacuzzis, recliners etc. The best part is the massage. It's unlike any Western massage. You have to get completely nude (you will have the same sex performing the massage), they scrub you head to toe with milk, cucumber juice, cucumber oil and you can see rolls of black skin coming off your body. You are then given a bath on a table and then transferred to a traditional massage table, where your therapist puts on a cold cucumber mask and then gives you a deep tissue massage. It lasts 70 minutes, best massage ever, plus you can relax in their facilities for no extra charge.

Day:

Pool, make sure the hotel you choose has a nice pool area.

Shows:

There is a small store in the front of the Fashion Show Mall that sells discount show tickets for the same day or the following day. You can watch Phantom of the Opera for $60-$90, depending on the section. Any Cirque Du Soleil show is great, Le Reve, Phantom of the Opera are all good too.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:36 PM

187 posts, read 481,667 times
On a budget, on the strip when it comes to food, always keep an eye out for cheap platters after midnight. 5 dollar steaks with the works, 5 dollar hamburger baskets with fries if not you always Mc Donalds on the strip. Shows, well there are cheap shows to watch like the variety show. Spas, well they're kind of pricy on the strip. If you have a vehicle, you can cruise down flamingo blvd and youll be able to find many low priced spas. Last time I was there, for 25 bucks for a massage and sauna...very relaxing. YOu can make it with 300 bucks for 3 nights.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:39 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
I'm just wondering how many guys here have their fantasies spinning out of control...right about now?

(I'm just hoping that they all don't look like that Snooki...or whatever her name is! )

Last edited by jfkIII; 09-23-2010 at 09:54 PM..

Old 09-24-2010, 06:36 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
I don't partake of the club scene, but on weekend nights when we go to Mirage to play poker, there's always quite a crowd of young, attractive kids waiting to get into Jet. Sometimes it's so crowded, we have to make our own path just to get to the escalators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas