Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 07:52 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,448,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
It is not quite the way you remember it...

//www.city-data.com/forum/las-v...las-vegas.html

There are a couple of others but they are not quite the way you remember them either.

And I agree...I might well donate a couple of hundred dollars to put a LL or tenant in their place...
Ah, sierramadre, that's her. I just looked at her profile and she hasn't been active for over a month. I wonder if she finally found her way back to Texas?

In any event, the following passage is what I was recounting in my previous post. That's not so bad recall given I was recollecting info from a post she made almost a year ago. The more important fact remains in that she lost her bid to stop paying rent because the homeowner was in default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierramadre44
You missed the point KonaKat: The CONTRACT specified that notice was to be sent by CERTIFIED MAIL. They, in court, claimed they notified me by process server. They did not. They emailed me and sent a letter in regular mail. Without proper service according to the contract terms their 30-day notice was void and subsequently dismissed for improper service.

Here's the other part, they never served a 5-day pay or quit by process server either. They or someone that works for them falsified an affidavit which is, of course, a fraud upon the court. Now, there is a presumption under the law that if one completes an affidavit that the work was performed. So, even though I know for a fact that no notice was left on my door, the court had to assume it was because they claimed process server. I just happened to catch them in a lie and destroyed their credibility as I knew they would claim such.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:21 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
Ah, sierramadre, that's her. I just looked at her profile and she hasn't been active for over a month. I wonder if she finally found her way back to Texas?

In any event, the following passage is what I was recounting in my previous post. That's not so bad recall given I was recollecting info from a post she made almost a year ago. The more important fact remains in that she lost her bid to stop paying rent because the homeowner was in default.
That is of course interesting but irrelevant to your theme.

So you agree that the incident with the paralegal was nonexistent?

Old 09-29-2010, 08:23 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times
Quote:
It wasn't that long ago where a rental tenant in this forum, a paralegal no less, stopped paying rent to her landlord because the property was in foreclosure. She looked to avoid eviction by taking the matter to small claims court where she was instructed by the court to come up with rent or vacate. Even in a "court of equity" a contract remains a contract.

airics, you probably remember the thread I'm referring to as we both posted in it.
you bet... wasn't it Johnny Cochran errr.. I mean SierraMadre... the so called super lawyer of the board or was it the know it all?

Old 09-29-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
That is of course interesting but irrelevant to your theme.
I gave the additional detail in the hopes that someone would remember the conversation and/or her alias. The paralegal you're referencing is sierramadre44.
Quote:
So you agree that the incident with the paralegal was nonexistent?
What incident with the paralegal are you referring to? I've mentioned several. She successfully delayed the day of reckoning but she lost her bid to live rent free as a result of the homeowner being in default. She was ordered to pay or go. I can't recall which choice she went with, and have no interest in searching to find out, but she did not stay in the home rent free.

Last edited by tony soprano; 09-29-2010 at 10:49 PM..

Old 09-30-2010, 09:09 AM

Quote:
I gave the additional detail in the hopes that someone would remember the conversation and/or her alias. The paralegal you're referencing is sierramadre44.What incident with the paralegal are you referring to? I've mentioned several. She successfully delayed the day of reckoning but she lost her bid to live rent free as a result of the homeowner being in default. She was ordered to pay or go. I can't recall which choice she went with, and have no interest in searching to find out, but she did not stay in the home rent free.
That thread contains no mention of "live rent free". There is no indication that rent was an issue.

Have you now turned clairvoyant?

Now next you wiggle six or eight times about what she meant or what you meant or general bobbing and weaving.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
That thread contains no mention of "live rent free". There is no indication that rent was an issue.

Have you now turned clairvoyant?

Now next you wiggle six or eight times about what she meant or what you meant or general bobbing and weaving.
It contains no mention of living rent free because that's not the thread where she discussed her intent to stop paying rent. You may not have noticed she has in excess of 500 posts.

Now, why don't you run along and misinform a potential buyer on the tax credit expiration.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:51 AM

Quote:
It contains no mention of living rent free because that's not the thread where she discussed her intent to stop paying rent. You may not have noticed she has in excess of 500 posts.

Now, why don't you run along and misinform a potential buyer on the tax credit expiration.
That is one duck. And throw in an irrelevant non sequitur trying to change the subject.

There is nothing in the thread that indicates rent free was an issue. Cite some other source if you like.

mod interpose: thread closed for reasons obvious to some. OP, if you need more information, Direct Message the participant of your choice. --'r
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas