Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 01:20 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdreloc View Post
Hard to read with no paragraphs or line spacing.
Stream of consciousness. Also, the forum program removes the spacing.

But I agree...and I'd like to point out that you can't drink while driving in Nevada. When I lived in New Mexico drinking while driving was legal, believe it or not. I don't know if that has changed, but there was strong opposition to changing it.

Then, only recently, thanks to drunken teenagers, and other idiots, at "family" picnics, they took away our privilege of having a beer in public parks. That may only be the city of Las Vegas though. Gotta look that up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 01:40 PM

848 posts, read 1,724,409 times
Airics this one is for you.

Las Vegas Sun

Old 10-08-2010, 03:58 PM

When they say sales is bouncing along the bottom...bottom of what? Is that compared to similar sized cities, or compared to the way it was here before the bubble burst? Or what it should have been like if it wasn't for the shenanigans of banks and speculators before the crash? What is the norm? It seems to me that we may have settled down to what should have always been normal sales figures before. Am I way off on that?

BTW, this is an interesting NY Times article. I'm seriously thinking I'm tired of being the foo that is still throwing good money after bad. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...ersonalfinance

Old 10-08-2010, 06:01 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiker1o View Post
Airics this one is for you.

Las Vegas Sun
What's your point? Everyone knows we are bouncing along at the bottom. There's no tax credit. The loans are next to impossible to get and that alot of banks stopped the foreclosures as of today due to errors in paperwork..

The point was how much lower can they go.. You are not going to buy a 500k house for 50k anytime soon.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:16 PM

848 posts, read 1,724,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
prices are down for rentals of apartments, not homes<
You must have forgotten your post. Let me remind you. Next time, try to use your brain before making a rebuttal on other people's post because you end up looking stupid!!!

Old 10-08-2010, 09:20 PM

351 posts, read 837,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
prices are down for rentals of apartments, not homes<
Please remember folks that apartments are "homes" just as much as a house is a "home".
I've enjoyed all the homes I've lived in-the last one especially, which happened to be an apartment.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:20 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,472,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaslocal55 View Post
Please remember folks that apartments are "homes" just as much as a house is a "home".
I've enjoyed all the homes I've lived in-the last one especially, which happened to be an apartment.
Not even close. When you live in an apartment or even a condo, what you do can effect your neighbors, and what your neighbors do can effect you.

You have a neighbor that smokes, and falls asleep with a cigarette, guess what your HOME can go down with it. You have a neighbor get Bed Bugs, guess what you can get them easily also. You have a neighbor with German Roaches, and you are as clean as can be, guess what you can get them also. When you live in an apartment/condo you have to think that you are basically living in one big home with 8 to 16 different families/people.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:47 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiker1o View Post
You must have forgotten your post. Let me remind you. Next time, try to use your brain before making a rebuttal on other people's post because you end up looking stupid!!!
umm where does it say ANYTHING in the article about rentals of homes??? that's what i was referring to... not the price of buying a home....

Old 10-09-2010, 12:09 AM

What does any of that have to do with the O/P's original questions?

Old 10-09-2010, 09:59 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
What does any of that have to do with the O/P's original questions?

C'mon, Buzz! How long have you been hanging out in the LV forums??? This is what we do until we get yelled at!!! Are you up for a mod job soon???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas