Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 08:04 AM

629 posts, read 1,175,518 times

Advertisements

The weird thing is they might not even close -- some corporation might buy the stores and the name and you'd have a Kroger's/Smiths or Safeway/Vons type of situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 09:40 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
I wish Trader Joe's would take over Aliante Fresh and Easy. That store would have a ton of business. I hate that we have to drive so far to one. And that store is the right size.-- Agreed. It would be perfect.

Does Fresh and Easy sell wind chimes, does it have a garden/lawn aisle? I may just buy one item for the first time @ Fresh and Easy if they have it before they close shop. --No.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:51 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,537,916 times
does anyone actually shop at F&E?
I went in ONE TIME, walked around for about 3 minutes and walked out. no wonder they are failing. Time is better spent at whole foods, trader joes or sprouts/sunflower.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:19 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Now if they would just give a date to when it closes, so some of us can stock up on a few things. Going tomorrow for some things that just cost too much in normal stores.
I wish Trader Joe's would take over Aliante Fresh and Easy. That store would have a ton of business. I hate that we have to drive so far to one. And that store is the right size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu View Post
I went in ONE TIME, walked around for about 3 minutes and walked out. no wonder they are failing. Time is better spent at whole foods, trader joes or sprouts/sunflower.
I shop there from time to time. They have a really nice jasmine green tea that I like, and their house-brand olive oils are very acceptable for the price. They also carry a naan bread that I like with my home made hummus. I guess I'd better stock up on that tea.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:06 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,996,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu View Post
And what gets me is that this company is run by Tesco. TESCO!

Anyone who spends any amount of time in the UK knows that Tesco is fantastic. I love it when there's a Tesco in the train station. I love it when there's a Tesco near my hotel. Everything about Tesco is fabulous.

So when they rolled out their stores in America, they must have said, "Let's take everything that makes Tesco great, and then NOT DO THAT in America." The two stores couldn't be farther apart in the way they operate.

If Tesco simply took one of their stores in the UK, and plopped it down in the middle of Las Vegas, I would shop there all the time. They would be in my market guide, AT THE TOP. My advice for people looking for good grocery stores would be, "Well, naturally, you start at Tesco for produce, beer, wine, and most meats, and then you branch out to the Latin and Asian markets for the specialty items. The only reason to go to any of the American markets is if you really need some artificial cheese."

Tesco could not have failed more spectacularly. They may as well have called the stores "Herpes and Syphilis."

Old 04-18-2013, 12:14 PM

711 posts, read 1,856,708 times
There's a good chance F&E continues operating under new ownership, rather than closing up entirely.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:12 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
Email from them today:

As you may have heard or read today, our parent company Tesco updated on the future of Fresh & Easy. We appreciate all the support and love we've received from our loyal customers and even though our parent company plans to leave the US, we're pleased to confirm there are no plans to close any portion of Fresh & Easy. While we don't yet know who our new owner will ultimately be, Tesco announced it has already received interest from a number of parties including groups looking to purchase Fresh & Easy as an operating business.
We're focused on continuing to bring you the same delicious, wholesome and affordable food you have come to expect from us. And rest assured, your favorite rewards program has a lot of exciting things in store for you including new Made For Me coupons launching next week, and some enhancements to our mobile apps that are coming soon.
We look forward to seeing you in the store on your next shopping trip. Keep an eye out for great new grilling products hitting shelves for summer and some innovative new promotions on some of your favorite fresh&easy products. We're also getting ready to re-launch our Shop for Schools fundraising program for local schools later in the summer with some exciting changes to make the program even more impactful.
Thank you for your support and let's keep fighting the good food fight!
Sincerely,
The fresh&easy Team

Old 04-18-2013, 01:20 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,996,765 times
Here's there previous mass email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvc8 View Post

"Thank you for being a Friend of Fresh & Easy. We wanted to reach out to you to address numerous news and online reports about the future of our stores.
Our parent company Tesco is conducting a strategic review of Fresh & Easy - they're looking at all options to find the best outcome for the neighborhood market that you - and we - have come to love. While we don't know exactly what that outcome will be, or if Tesco will continue to own the company, we're confident that Fresh & Easy can continue to be your favorite market.
We want to assure you: we don't have plans to close stores. We're still committed to providing delicious, wholesome and affordable food every day. We're still Fresh & Easy; open for business with everything that you enjoy about our store, with even more exciting things to come. That's why we're going to keep on fighting the good food fight.
Now, more than ever, we appreciate your energy in our stores and being able to share a smile with you. We look forward to seeing you soon and thank you for your continued support. "

I wonder what their "Goodbye" letter will look like.

"We fought the good fight. Then we realized that we are a grocery store, not a combat unit. Perhaps we should have done less fighting and more 'offering things that people want to buy at prices they want to pay.'"

Old 04-18-2013, 01:43 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
Yeah, I don't believe the email, I think it is just a ploy to get people to keep coming there until the last day! The one here in CH is always pretty busy, but our options are limited unless you feel like traveling a bit. I like the store, but that's just me. I think they have had some great coupons lately (again, probably just getting rid of stock) so it works for me. It's just convenient. I can walk there. I hope they put a TJ's in there but I doubt they will.

Last week they were giving their canvas bags away with a $20. purchase and this week they have BOGO for 1 cent bottles of wine. I'd say they are clearing things out....I don't drink wine so I really don't know much about what is good or not. I was thinking I should pick some up just to have for guests or for cooking.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:48 PM

629 posts, read 1,175,518 times
Yeah I used their Made For Me coupons last week (unlimited use), stacked it with $5 off $25, and got the free bag. Walked out with like $60 of food for $19
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas