Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 10:27 PM

412 posts, read 916,164 times

Advertisements

I called the HOA property management company this year and was told there are currently NO rental restrictions there. Owners are allowed to rent out their units according to the rep at the property management company. No mention of only certain eligible units.
If I were going to buy one, I would verify it in writing, but the rep said this verbally and should know since she works directly with the HOA there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 10:31 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,004,431 times
actually i just called Terrawest (the hoa of skypointe) last week and heard exactly the opposite... there was a 1br for 32k that i was going to try to buy for cash.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:41 PM

Terrawest is the same company I spoke with and the name of the rep was Lavida. She said there are no restrictions, they just need to have copy of the lease on file and that she believes they have tenant registry.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:17 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,004,431 times
lavida is not the rep for Skypointe, Candy Cortes is...

Old 03-01-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
lavida is not the rep for Skypointe, Candy Cortes is...
I guess she shouldn't answer questions like that about Sky Pointe without checking with Candy then.
I actually hope there are restrictions, because if I were going to buy there, I would be an owner occupant and having a low number of renters would be an advantage.
Any restrictions there do not appear to be very "strict" because there are no shortage of rentals listed over the last year and more are coming available with units being sold and marketed as "investment properties" on Loopnet web site and Trident Investment Group lease with option to buy etc..
Seeing so many rentals there plus more in the pipeline makes me think twice about it.

BTW, I saw the $32K unit listed also. I wondered why it was priced that low since they average $45-55K for the 1 bedroom and they could have probably listed it for at least $42K and got a quick sale unless it was really messed up.

Last edited by Tires; 03-01-2011 at 11:40 PM..

Old 03-02-2011, 06:54 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,026,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tires View Post
BTW, I saw the $32K unit listed also.
Even though I have now lived here for a year, it still amazes me that one can buy a nice condo here for less than the price of many new cars.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:17 AM

2,724 posts, read 4,765,438 times
Hang on, in another year you'll be able to buy for less than the price of many used cars.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:29 AM

2,724 posts, read 4,765,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
actually i just called Terrawest (the hoa of skypointe) last week and heard exactly the opposite... there was a 1br for 32k that i was going to try to buy for cash.
Terrawest is property management not HOA. Places like Sky Pointe and Boca Raton are being marketed all over the internet as "apartment homes". I would avoid both.

LINKS:

Las Vegas, NV Apartment Listings | Las Vegas, NV Pet-friendly Apartment Rental Listings | Apartments.Oodle.com

Sky Pointe - Apartment Rentals in Las Vegas, NV | MyNewPlace

Old 03-02-2011, 12:23 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,215,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
Terrawest is property management not HOA. Places like Sky Pointe and Boca Raton are being marketed all over the internet as "apartment homes". I would avoid both.

LINKS:

Las Vegas, NV Apartment Listings | Las Vegas, NV Pet-friendly Apartment Rental Listings | Apartments.Oodle.com

Sky Pointe - Apartment Rentals in Las Vegas, NV | MyNewPlace
Don't think so. Terrawest is a community manager hired by the Association to run the HOA. In this case they are not a property manager...though they do that in other cases.

What is wrong with renting at Boca Raton other than the high price? The owner there has simply turned the remaining units into an apartment house. It is a reasonably nice property.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:29 PM

So, how is Sky Pointe they going to keep the ratio of renters down if they are being marketed as apartments and investment properties?
Sounds like they are setting themselves up to become a rental community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas