Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 02:43 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,920,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac88 View Post
LVD you must have hit your head,he was as high as a kite on mophine,twice the amount ,enough to kill him even without the bullets,and walking around shopping with two guns...And people are suprised it ended badly ?? I feel bad for his family and friends,but it never ends well when drugs are involved.
Agreed. This guy was essentially a disaster just waiting to happen. He walked into Costco with multiple weapons while majorly doped up on drugs - that alone made him a serious threat to everyone in the building. Then he proceeded to cause a major scene and act like an uncontrolled maniac.

He was not some innocent victim in this case. He was a serious threat to public safety.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:49 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Hook, line and sinker. Sad.

Old 11-23-2010, 03:02 PM

450 posts, read 1,514,377 times
Honestly, I don't attract it, I avoid it like the plague because there are never good outcomes with drama. I lead a drama filled life and still have many friends and a very loving boyfriend who feels the same. I don't get involved in he said/she said issues amongst friends, I don't gossip, and don't have friends that use illegal drugs. Sound boring? Not really...I keep busy other ways...ice hockey, softball, boxing, biking, etc...

Old 11-23-2010, 03:28 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,848,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Hook, line and sinker. Sad.
Not necessarily questioning the eyewitness accounts (because we all know how reliable those can be especially under extreme stress), but do you believe that the man was carrying while impaired (a crime albeit only a misdemeanor) and carrying a BUG that was not on his permit (a class C felony punishable by up to 5 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000)? If so, Scott was not exactly a law abiding citizen now, was he? Not saying that he deserved a death sentence for his class C felony, but I think it speaks very clearly about his character and might offer some insight into what may have been running through his mind outside of the Costco.

BTW, you're not one of those cop haters, are you? You know, the ones that will bash the cops at every turn? I realize that the Scott case is complicated and I actually feel the Cole case was inexcusable and should have been prosecuted, but I was reading about the Henderson off duty OIS on another website and although the facts clearly show the officer was justified (and off duty so an inquest would be improper procedure anyway) many people were commenting how LEO's are above the law which in all honesty is a crock of s**t.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:42 PM

425 posts, read 1,955,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
Not necessarily questioning the eyewitness accounts (because we all know how reliable those can be especially under extreme stress), but do you believe that the man was carrying while impaired (a crime albeit only a misdemeanor) and carrying a BUG that was not on his permit (a class C felony punishable by up to 5 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000)? If so, Scott was not exactly a law abiding citizen now, was he? Not saying that he deserved a death sentence for his class C felony, but I think it speaks very clearly about his character and might offer some insight into what may have been running through his mind outside of the Costco.

BTW, you're not one of those cop haters, are you? You know, the ones that will bash the cops at every turn? I realize that the Scott case is complicated and I actually feel the Cole case was inexcusable and should have been prosecuted, but I was reading about the Henderson off duty OIS on another website and although the facts clearly show the officer was justified (and off duty so an inquest would be improper procedure anyway) many people were commenting how LEO's are above the law which in all honesty is a crock of s**t.
You don't have to be a cop hater to recognize that there are corrupt police officers out there (some departments have more than others) who do think they are above law. I implore you to look into the Rampart scandal (LAPD) and tell me those cops didn't think they were above the law.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladoll View Post
You don't have to be a cop hater to recognize that there are corrupt police officers out there (some departments have more than others) who do think they are above law. I implore you to look into the Rampart scandal (LAPD) and tell me those cops didn't think they were above the law.
And this has what to do with what I posted? Of course there are corrupt officers out there which is why I referenced the Cole shooting and my feelings on it. You can read the facts that I presented which show clearly that Eric Scott was comitting a Class C Felony at the time of his death which may or may not have had an effect on his reactions or state of mind (not to mention that the eyewitness accounts were from what I heard and read, conflicting as they often are) or you can simply choose to try and argue with me using leaps of logic and unrelated police scandals.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:12 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radraja View Post
A He walked into Costco with multiple weapons while majorly doped up on drugs - that alone made him a serious threat to everyone in the building. Then he proceeded to cause a major scene and act like an uncontrolled maniac.
TARGET, instead, would have been pure irony.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:44 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
you're not one of those cop haters, are you?
Already answered.
Quote:
I'm very supportive of police and law enforcement in general, but I've studied everything available on this case, and I'm telling you, the cops screwed up this time and have covered it up.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Already answered.
Yeah, was just getting ready to post an apology to you as I reread the thread and realized I confused you with a different poster.

Also I would like to point out to those that I may partially agree with on this issue, the fact that he had two firearms on him wasn't a big deal although it seems that those who side with the cops on this one seem to think so and use the argument that he had two firearms on him to make him seem paranoid or like he was looking for trouble. The fact of the matter is many CCW'ers carry a back up gun should their primary carry weapon malfunction or should, God forbid, they get in a sustained firefight which consumes all of their primary carry weapons ammunition. Using the fact that he had two pistols on him to paint some type of scary picture only fuels the anti-gun argument which is really not the issue here. Had the back up gun Scott carried been on his CCW permit, my argument would be a very different one but I have to imagine that as a CCW'er he was well aware of the penalties of carrying without a permit.

Old 11-24-2010, 05:47 PM

113 posts, read 306,253 times
Default really ?

Quote:
Yeah, was just getting ready to post an apology to you as I reread the thread and realized I confused you with a different poster.

Also I would like to point out to those that I may partially agree with on this issue, the fact that he had two firearms on him wasn't a big deal although it seems that those who side with the cops on this one seem to think so and use the argument that he had two firearms on him to make him seem paranoid or like he was looking for trouble. The fact of the matter is many CCW'ers carry a back up gun should their primary carry weapon malfunction or should, God forbid, they get in a sustained firefight which consumes all of their primary carry weapons ammunition. Using the fact that he had two pistols on him to paint some type of scary picture only fuels the anti-gun argument which is really not the issue here. Had the back up gun Scott carried been on his CCW permit, my argument would be a very different one but I have to imagine that as a CCW'er he was well aware of the penalties of carrying without a permit.
Yeah because fire fights break out in Cosco all the time......He wasn't walking thru north Vegas at night,he was in a public store durning the daytime....give me a break....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas