Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 12:38 AM

848 posts, read 1,724,409 times

Advertisements

Let me post it again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiker1o View Post
Assimilate?!?!?! I'll keep my mouth shut, that is all I have to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 01:06 PM

22 posts, read 44,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamDeleted View Post
Wow, there are a lot of NJ folks here. I currently live in NJ (Morris County), but bought a house in Aliante. I love it there. There are at least 4 parks within 2 miles of my house. I'm within walking distance to Nature Discovery Park which your kids would love.

I can't wait until I can retire and make my permanent move to Vegas. I hate the winter. We've been buried under two feet of snow since Christmas. Last night we were cursed with an ice storm.

I currently pay about $13,000 a year in property taxes in NJ vs. about $2,000 for my nearly 4,000 sq. ft. house in Vegas. I will not miss NJ at all.
I can feel your pain with the snow. I've had it. I am soooo ready for a change. I will def. have to check out the Nature Discovery Park.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:28 PM

56 posts, read 118,805 times
We moved here from Colts Neck. It has been a big adjustment but for the most part it has been positive. We definitely miss the beach. I would suggest that you do lots of research on the schools. There are many nice areas to live in out here but some of the schools are not so nice IMO.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyz789 View Post
We moved here from Colts Neck. It has been a big adjustment but for the most part it has been positive. We definitely miss the beach. I would suggest that you do lots of research on the schools. There are many nice areas to live in out here but some of the schools are not so nice IMO.
I was driving down the parkway today and saw signs for Bradley Beach and Pt. Pleasant thinking, I'm going to miss the beach. I am such a Jersey Girl! As far as schools, my kids will start out in Preschool and probably do Kindergarten there and they we plan to move back to Jersey. But I still want to be in a district with good schools just in case!

Old 01-20-2011, 09:29 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,808,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromNJtoNV View Post
I was driving down the parkway today and saw signs for Bradley Beach and Pt. Pleasant thinking, I'm going to miss the beach. I am such a Jersey Girl! As far as schools, my kids will start out in Preschool and probably do Kindergarten there and they we plan to move back to Jersey. But I still want to be in a district with good schools just in case!

I know this is going to sound dumb but do you guys actually swim at the beach? Sounds like it would be really cold. I never been out there so it just always sounded like a NJ beach would be freezing with lots of pollution.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:44 PM

383 posts, read 901,282 times
There is something special about the Jersey Shore. Trust me it is not all like the show on TV but yes some places are like that. Spring Lake and Bayhead are beautiful. I think part of the reason the shore is so fun is because everyone packs 12 months of fun into 2 and 1/2 months.

Old 01-21-2011, 01:02 AM

241 posts, read 492,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
I know this is going to sound dumb but do you guys actually swim at the beach? Sounds like it would be really cold. I never been out there so it just always sounded like a NJ beach would be freezing with lots of pollution.
I used to swim in the ocean when I was younger, I still remember the cuts on my feet from all the junk on the beach. To be fair, they have certain sections they keep clean, I just liked to roam as a child.

More recently, we go down to the shore for gambling (AC), or to show family members visiting from my native country the boardwalk experience. Junk food, rigged games, dangerous rides, etc.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
We go to the boardwalk a lot. Mainly Seaside. We really haven't laid out on the beach in a couple of years. My kids are small, so it just wouldn't have been easy with them. A couple years ago we had the sport fishing pass for IBSP and would drive on and that was great, because we didn't have to lug a cooler, toys, diaper bag, etc on to the beach. The last time I swam in the ocean was about 2-3 years ago. There really isn't that much pollution, it guess it depends on where you go. The water is cold, but if you go in August it's usually a little warmer. This last summer it was really hot here so I imagine that the water was a little warmer.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas1337 View Post
I used to swim in the ocean when I was younger, I still remember the cuts on my feet from all the junk on the beach. To be fair, they have certain sections they keep clean, I just liked to roam as a child.

More recently, we go down to the shore for gambling (AC), or to show family members visiting from my native country the boardwalk experience. Junk food, rigged games, dangerous rides, etc.
I've never been to the AC beach, at least not physically on it. Of course I've been to AC, who hasn't from this area. LOL. I do love the atmosphere, I even love the fish smell when going over the Seaside bridge. (I know gross, but it's what we are used to here). As far as beaches are concerned Seaside seems to be very dirty. Lots of garbage left behind, but IBSP is very nice.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by costaricageorge View Post
There is something special about the Jersey Shore. Trust me it is not all like the show on TV but yes some places are like that. Spring Lake and Bayhead are beautiful. I think part of the reason the shore is so fun is because everyone packs 12 months of fun into 2 and 1/2 months.
Thank you! Def, not like what you see on that show. It's more family oriented now. Seaside has def. cleaned up it's act over the years.
I love driving down 35 and looking at all of the beach houses. When I think of the shore, that it what I see! Love it, and going to miss it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas