Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 04:29 PM

14 posts, read 22,669 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I have been silently following this forum for a long time, so first I would like to thank all the contributing members for their informative posts.
I was trying to register from last month but I was always getting an error message "Enter email address" even though I was entering one. Today it finally allowed me . Maybe the site wanted me to purchase the condo before allowing me to register.

I purchased a foreclosure condo in Turnberry Towers. I now want to rent it out. What are the best resources for it? I do not live in Vegas but I love the strip. I do not gamble BTW unless you say this purchase is a gamble.
I can approach my realtor who was very helpful and professional all the way for renting this condo . But I also want to get more opinions now.

Thanks for all your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 09:10 PM

53 posts, read 205,415 times
I previously rented a place at TT, we used a REA to find the unit. You could try Craigs list, but unless you are available to show the unit yourself, probably best to use a Real Estate Agent.
Congratulations on your purchase, I really liked Turnberry Towers. It was a great place.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:31 PM

1,631 posts, read 3,950,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahooa View Post
Hello,
I have been silently following this forum for a long time, so first I would like to thank all the contributing members for their informative posts.
I was trying to register from last month but I was always getting an error message "Enter email address" even though I was entering one. Today it finally allowed me . Maybe the site wanted me to purchase the condo before allowing me to register.

I purchased a foreclosure condo in Turnberry Towers. I now want to rent it out. What are the best resources for it? I do not live in Vegas but I love the strip. I do not gamble BTW unless you say this purchase is a gamble.
I can approach my realtor who was very helpful and professional all the way for renting this condo . But I also want to get more opinions now.

Thanks for all your help.
If you live more than 60 miles away from the rental by Nevada law you are suppose to have a property mgr in case something goes wrong.

You may want to contact an property mgmt company they will list your condo in the mls for you plus handle the rent and check on the property as well. Other wise have your realtor list it for you and see if they can hook you up with a property mgmt company.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:49 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,194,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 license to sell View Post
If you live more than 60 miles away from the rental by Nevada law you are suppose to have a property mgr in case something goes wrong.

You may want to contact an property mgmt company they will list your condo in the mls for you plus handle the rent and check on the property as well. Other wise have your realtor list it for you and see if they can hook you up with a property mgmt company.
No requirement for a PM. Only for a local contact.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:23 PM

Thanks for all the information. I will first ask my realtor. moderator cut:

Last edited by scirocco22; 03-03-2011 at 07:19 PM.. Reason: comments orphaned

Old 03-03-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Thanks for all the information. I will first ask my realtor. And there is no collusion between me and anthonylasvegas. I went to his website and it seems to be genuine. Will follow up with him if my realtor is unable to help me.
Think about it. The price is high and he does not appear to be a property manager. You need one and can hire one for a lot less...

Old 03-03-2011, 05:35 PM

I am just now dipping my toes in the water. Definitely I will rent out after properly researching and finding all details.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
I am just now dipping my toes in the water. Definitely I will rent out after properly researching and finding all details.
Think about it a good bit...it is generally customary to send at least half of the commission to the buyers agent. That is based on the belief that they tend to favor the places that provide the biggest commission. Perhaps untrue overall but true in some cases. Also likely that any out of town owner needs a property manager unless they have a local relative or friend who can cover.

Good property managers have no problem listing and leasing strip properties.

Note that it is generally bad form and sometimes an ethics code violation to say what you really think about some other agents pitch...

Old 03-04-2011, 02:39 PM

62 posts, read 113,274 times
For my last 3 trips to Vegas I have stayed at the Signature @ MGM and we always found the owners through VRBO.com. They do not act as a property manager, but most of the people I have rented from do not live in vegas, not sure how they are doing it.
Any recommendations for a property manager? I have one and will list her on here to see if anyone has had experience with her.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:13 PM

146 posts, read 529,270 times
www.homeaway.com is one way you can list and manage your property, with or without a manager helping. I always use this site when I travel!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas