Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 01:57 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johninvegas View Post
OleCapt

Thanks, I'll check the site when it's back up.

Also, you are right, as far as I know, ground has been broken for the new shooting park. I think it's supposed to open in 2008. BTW, Harry Reid is one of the prime movers behind this, so those people who think the Dems will block the shooting park should rest easy. Now, our own parks people...that's another story.
I think the Park is a done deal. That is all BLM Sales money and is committed I believe. There may be some interesting discussions about operating the joint when opened...but that is standard on parks....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 12:44 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
The skeet range at Tule Springs has been in place for years and years. But I didn't quite understand if the new range Harry got for us is being moved away from Tule Springs where it irritates the sh** out me when I'm trying to relax, or if they are just expanding the one that is there. I hope they stay away from the archaeological excavations out there. BTW: Harry realizes that Nevadan's are gun owners and he wants our votes. It doesn't signify any change in the attitudes of commies like Hillary and Nancy and Ted.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:00 AM

1,326 posts, read 2,582,600 times
Buzz,

You're right about Hillary and the rest, I was just commenting that the range will not be taken away by them. After all, they only want to take away our ownership rights

But not to make this a political post... The new range will be some distance away from Tule Springs, I believe.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:30 PM

542 posts, read 986,557 times
Hey, sorry to bump an old thread, but are there any updates to this?

What ARE the best/closest places to go plink cans out in the desert? Ammo is getting expensive enough without having to pay range fees as well.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:35 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m73m95 View Post
Hey, sorry to bump an old thread, but are there any updates to this?

What ARE the best/closest places to go plink cans out in the desert? Ammo is getting expensive enough without having to pay range fees as well.
There's a website for NEVADASHOOTERS that can help you out with places to go shooting. The terms of service limits me from posting the link, as it's a "competing" forum, but any NEVADASHOOTERS should easily be able to find the site.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:37 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Las Vegas - Google Maps

Old 09-23-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
There's a website for NEVADASHOOTERS that can help you out with places to go shooting. The terms of service limits me from posting the link, as it's a "competing" forum, but any NEVADASHOOTERS should easily be able to find the site.
Yep. I'm a member of Nevadashooters. The main problem is, there doesn't seem to be too many people on there. This forum gets far more posts every day than Nevadashooters. That was the only reason I bumped a 3 year old thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Check you out! Thanks.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:44 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,083,141 times
South on 15 exit sloan, turn left, turn right on LV Blvd S. and head towards Jean. Anywhere on the left of the road exists many places to shoot. If you go further south and take the first Jean dry lake bed exit you'll see even more places on the left.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:27 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,813,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m73m95 View Post
Yep. I'm a member of Nevadashooters. The main problem is, there doesn't seem to be too many people on there. This forum gets far more posts every day than Nevadashooters. That was the only reason I bumped a 3 year old thread.
Huh????
Nevadashooters has tons of registered members. Myself included.
City-Data is a national forum so of course it has a gazillion members.
I, like many others go to Nevadashooters every single day.

I eyeballed your profile and noticed you haven't posted in the actual GUN section here at City-Data.
You may wanna check that out also:Guns and Hunting

I also eyeballed your profile over at Nevadashooters and noticed you just signed up there 2 weeks ago.
Trust me---it's got a lot of members that post there daily.
Stick around.

As far as shooting for cheap in Nevada, I'm a member of BOULDER RIFLE AND PISTOL CLUB in Boulder.
It's open 24/7 and only cost $75 a year.
BUT they only take new members twice a year I believe.

http://nevadashooters.com/images/smilies/smiley-violent069.gif (broken link) http://nevadashooters.com/images/smilies/smiley-violent069.gif (broken link)

Old 09-24-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Huh????
Nevadashooters has tons of registered members. Myself included.
City-Data is a national forum so of course it has a gazillion members.
I, like many others go to Nevadashooters every single day.

I eyeballed your profile and noticed you haven't posted in the actual GUN section here at City-Data.
You may wanna check that out also:Guns and Hunting

I also eyeballed your profile over at Nevadashooters and noticed you just signed up there 2 weeks ago.
Trust me---it's got a lot of members that post there daily.
Stick around.

As far as shooting for cheap in Nevada, I'm a member of BOULDER RIFLE AND PISTOL CLUB in Boulder.
It's open 24/7 and only cost $75 a year.
BUT they only take new members twice a year I believe.
Yeah, I haven't been on NVSHOOTERS very long. What little I am on there, doesn't seem to get very high post counts. Perhaps I'm lurking in the wrong sections lol.

I don't plan on leaving that forum, I only asked here because I thought I would get a better answer/faster (Which I did).

Thanks for the info too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas