Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 09:13 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,808,775 times

Advertisements

What a strange article.

The 38k is what they both make combined btw.

The woman is 33 and the guy 24. I'd leave her too if I was him. In fact he obviously is going to leave her.

It's said though. They never really had much going for them clearly. There is a story about Vegas in her if you look closely enough. These people were likely born into near poverty with no family education. They had never been accustomed to, nor taught, how to handle money. They probably worked hard at varous dead end jobs. Finnally things start looking up for them and they get a little piece of the American dream. They became accustomed to a new standard of living. I bet those years were fun. Then it all came to a crashing end.

Of course most of you are going to criticize how they can dare make 38k combined.

Meanwhile the banking barrons and corrupt CEO's make Millions on top of of millions.

I say get your 40 acres and a mule while you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 10:09 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,631,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post

Of course most of you are going to criticize how they can dare make 38k combined.
Thats not what posters here are criticizing. We're criticizing the couple's inability to maintain a budget on a very generous unemployment sum.

Quote:
They earned $38,000, mostly on unemployment, in 2010

Old 03-04-2011, 10:17 AM

2,724 posts, read 4,764,554 times
The $100 million in "hardest-hit funds" from the federal government has apparently arrived in Lost Vegas...

Mortgage help has arrived; 12,000 households to get $38.5 million - Business - ReviewJournal.com

"We're aiming for those most desperate first"

Old 03-04-2011, 10:28 AM

1,828 posts, read 5,314,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
The $100 million in "hardest-hit funds" from the federal government has apparently arrived in Lost Vegas...

Mortgage help has arrived; 12,000 households to get $38.5 million - Business - ReviewJournal.com

"We're aiming for those most desperate first"
They messed up this article's title. It should read, "12000 foreclosures delayed six months, government gives banks another $38.5 million tax payer dollars."

Old 03-04-2011, 11:09 AM

322 posts, read 710,329 times
The boyfriend grew up, that is what happened. Its sad to twist in some 'woe' about him wanting to leave her. Crikey, he's 24 and the mortgage went into HIS name as she destroyed her credit prior, had kids then bought a house whilst working construction (not exactly a stable job to begin with.)

I'm so sorry, "No more trips to Disney World."

Just crying in my coffee here.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:20 PM

52 posts, read 90,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipresa View Post
the mortgage went into HIS name as she destroyed her credit prior, had kids then bought a house whilst working construction (not exactly a stable job to begin with.)
+1.

A lot of issues underscored in the article. Includes, but not limited to, poor planning trying to achieve the American "dream". What good is a dream if not prepared /planned for; in fact, it may even turn into a nightmare.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:26 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Anyone that is going to resort to eating dog food is just an idiot. They can get potatoes, rice, pasta and assorted fruits and veggies cheap. Plus bread, soups, crackers. Their kids won't starve.
I always wonder, do one or the other parents smoke? That right there will waste most of the food money.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:52 PM

83 posts, read 179,457 times
Default Oh come on

Sorry I have no sympathy for these people. They are not helping themselves and why are they even profiling people like this when there
are thousands of people out there much worse off. It seems like most of the
articles I read like this it is the people fault almost exclusively. Just the fact that the house sounds like a wreck is a huge clue. If they are both unemployed they have no excuse not to have a clean house for their kids.
I bet they waste more than enough money to buy decent food for their
children. They plan on working in construction they are most likely going to be moving anyway as it will be quite some time before those jobs come back.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:15 PM

215 posts, read 350,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Anyone that is going to resort to eating dog food is just an idiot. They can get potatoes, rice, pasta and assorted fruits and veggies cheap. Plus bread, soups, crackers. Their kids won't starve.
I always wonder, do one or the other parents smoke? That right there will waste most of the food money.

That and alcohol.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:54 PM

579 posts, read 1,210,447 times
Quote:
They messed up this article's title. It should read, "12000 foreclosures delayed six months, government gives banks another $38.5 million tax payer dollars."
Exactly, I'll believe it when I see it...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas