Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 07:43 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,190,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
You're wrong, it's a convenient and safe location. I would have bought there except I found the condos and the complex to be uninspiring and when I looked at the severity of negative equity held by the majority of it's owners I knew it was just a matter of time until the place slid into the abyss.

For a renter La Posada is not a bad choice, much better than Mar-A-Lago, which, when I checked a few years back, had too many registered sex offenders in residence (not sure how it is now).
Neither complex has a registered sex offender. Why would you introduce such a dumb thing into the conversation? Sheesh. Ever place you rent can get a sex offender next door and may well have one who is not registered...every place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 03:57 PM

270 posts, read 534,841 times
Coming from the most densely populated state in the land (New Jersey), I imagine LV will not have as many sex offenders per square mile.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:56 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,762,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Neither complex has a registered sex offender. Why would you introduce such a dumb thing into the conversation? Sheesh. Ever place you rent can get a sex offender next door and may well have one who is not registered...every place.
What's the deal with the insults? I said: "a couple years ago"... That's before I realized that shopping for condos was akin to making love to a porcupine (not much upside). Furthermore, I didn't say anything about La Posada, my comment was in regards to Desert Shores, which, according to the Family Watchdog*-*Map of registered offenders in your neighborhood website shows THREE offenders still remaining, one of which is on Soaring Gulls.

Some people have kids, it's a concern!
Sheesh.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
What's the deal with the insults? I said: "a couple years ago"... That's before I realized that shopping for condos was akin to making love to a porcupine (not much upside). Furthermore, I didn't say anything about La Posada, my comment was in regards to Desert Shores, which, according to the Family Watchdog*-*Map of registered offenders in your neighborhood website shows two offenders still remaining, one of which is on Soaring Gulls.

I have kids, for me it's a real concern.
Sheesh.
And you checked Summerlin and found none? Must be a magical place.

I hear a kid got shot and killed outside the high school in Summerlin "a couple of years ago". You want to suggest that people stay out of Summerlin if they have high school kids?

You don't seem to know the difference between a tract and a master plan.

As the Lady observed it is not an issue with her. And I just don't like those sorts of irrational and irrelevant criteria suddenly appearing.

If it is a relevant fact...bring it on. If it is your opinion...bring it on..but label it properly.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
And you checked Summerlin and found none? Must be a magical place.

I hear a kid got shot and killed outside the high school in Summerlin "a couple of years ago". You want to suggest that people stay out of Summerlin if they have high school kids?

You don't seem to know the difference between a tract and a master plan.

As the Lady observed it is not an issue with her. And I just don't like those sorts of irrational and irrelevant criteria suddenly appearing.

If it is a relevant fact...bring it on. If it is your opinion...bring it on..but label it properly.
Nonsense. If I am considering a home next to an airport should I be concerned about noise? If I am considering a home near a pig farm should I be concerned about the smell? You see where I'm headed? The same rationale applies.

You said: "Neither complex has a registered sex offender." I proved that statement to be false.
I'm done.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Nonsense. If I am considering a home next to an airport should I be concerned about noise? If I am considering a home near a pig farm should I be concerned about the smell? You see where I'm headed? The same rationale applies.

You said: "Neither complex has a registered sex offender." I proved that statement to be false.
I'm done.
Try that again? There are no sex offenders in Mar-a-lago or in La Posada. None

There are 31 sex offenders in 89128. Both developments are in 89128.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:50 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,835,805 times
Quote:
For a renter La Posada is not a bad choice, much better than Mar-A-Lago, which, when I checked a few years back, had too many registered sex offenders in residence (not sure how it is now).
Since I own in Mar A Lago I checked too. No offenders in the complex. You should check before you try to scare away a potential buyer.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
Since I own in Mar A Lago I checked too. No offenders in the complex. You should check before you try to scare away a potential buyer.
You need to READ the thread in it's entirety before you make accusations...

1. As I stated... "a couple years ago"

2. The OP is looking to RENT not buy

3. There are 3 offenders living within a few blocks of YOU

4. I'm just trying to keep the OP from making the same mistake

Last edited by eventusstultorummagister; 05-18-2011 at 11:48 AM..

Old 05-18-2011, 11:46 AM

Crime map for Mar-A-Lago not so hot either...

8 incidents since 03/23/2011

http://www.lvmpd.com/crimeviewcommunity/wizard.asp

<don't shoot the messenger>

Old 05-18-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Crime map for Mar-A-Lago not so hot either...

8 incidents since 03/23/2011

http://www.lvmpd.com/crimeviewcommunity/wizard.asp

<don't shoot the messenger>
And La Posada?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas