Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 08:50 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,639,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSarah View Post
Uhm... firstly, methadone is not injected, it is swallowed so you don't need to buy needles or alcohol swabs. LOL
Secondly, if you did inject it, you don't buy needles, you make friends with diabetics.
Sorry I am not up on my drug humor, I will do more research before my next post, or .. shall I say.. My injection of humor.

Jonathan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSarah View Post
LOL My son is a recovering addict and has a full time job Jonathan All addicts do not look or act like the street junkies portrayed in the movies. You would be surprised how many highly positioned people are actually addicts. Case in point, Henderson's city attorney who was recently arrested for DUI at 3 pm.
PS: I am a former addict as well, my addiction was.. food
more sociably acceptable, but just as life threatening..

Jonathan

Old 07-02-2011, 09:34 PM

719 posts, read 1,480,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Don't get too holier than thou...the Las Vegas model is not the functioning addict. It is the dreary tweaker living by petty crime and chutzpah. Skinny, bad teeth, damaged intelligence.

There is some acceptance of the alcoholic....there, but for the grace of God, go I.

So we consider the addict more a major societal nuisance. And very difficult and expensive to contain. Even if you feel they should not be locked up the society still has to pay the piper...and libertarian Nevada will never be good at that.

My son has a 165 IQ documented by Vanderbilt Medical Center. He has great teeth, blue eyes and is not skinny. The reason "functioning addicts" are not noticed is because they don't "look like addicts". There are just as many, if not MORE of the "model addicts" out there than there are tweakers.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
Sorry I am not up on my drug humor, I will do more research before my next post, or .. shall I say.. My injection of humor.

Jonathan

I was just giving you a hard time. I hope life is going GREAT for you

Old 07-02-2011, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
PS: I am a former addict as well, my addiction was.. food
more sociably acceptable, but just as life threatening..

Jonathan

Good point and one my son has brought up to me several times.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:41 PM

42 posts, read 93,948 times
I will pray for all you that mock. I'm sure you will never have a problem n your life.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:21 AM

1,828 posts, read 5,314,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
I am a bit surprised at the level of outright judgment. If the post was how much does alcohol cost in LV nobody would take a second glance. Being addicted to alcohol is acceptable somehow though. Probably because there has yet to be an alcohol commercial showing a guy puking all night and losing his family and job.
I don't discriminate. I have as little sympathy for alcoholics as I have for other drug addicts. They are a liability and burden on society due to their own poor choices. This forum has started a leper type colony for ADHD kids, I'm fine with sending the methadone, crack, (insert drug here) and alcohol addicts there as well.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:53 AM

508 posts, read 1,022,320 times
i thought the cost of methadone pretty much anywhere was something like 20 years.... obviously depending on how much you are buying...

Old 07-03-2011, 04:01 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danknee View Post
I don't discriminate. I have as little sympathy for alcoholics as I have for other drug addicts. They are a liability and burden on society due to their own poor choices. This forum has started a leper type colony for ADHD kids, I'm fine with sending the methadone, crack, (insert drug here) and alcohol addicts there as well.
I think my 100x "Rate this post positively" button just broke from me pounding it so hard. I can't stand those idiots (including many doctors) who call addiction a disease. What a crock. It's a personality flaw based on denial and selfishness. One that must be corrected through intense therapy. That first hit of crack or coke or heroin had to happen when they were sober. Calling it a disease absolves addicts of their personal responsibility. Very little sympathy here, sorry.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherish611 View Post
I will pray for all you that mock. I'm sure you will never have a problem n your life.
"He who is without sin, shall cast the first stone"

Oops there I am talking about getting stoned again..

Sorry

Jonathan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: