Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 11:50 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times

Advertisements

Ed is pretty legit and he is strictly a Las Vegas attorney....even ran for mayor a few years back...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 12:02 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I was just starting out in theatrical photography in the late 60's/early 70's and worked with a girl that was doing publicity/public relations...so we hit EVERY radio n TV station in town with our clients....there were some good jocks then....

Gabby Schaeffer was on late nights on that station that was inside the Castaways....and Hal Blu was also at KRAM I think....[was that KRAM inside the Castaways?]
KRAM was in an old office building on Paradise, out by the airport. Second story. We could watch the planes land. All those buildings are gone now and part of the airport I think.

I remember Hal Blu, but can't remember where he worked. I think he worked at different stations through the years. I confuse him with Johnny Gun.

I'm trying to remember the first attorney to advertise on TV here. I remember the attorneys I worked with at KVBC discussing whether it was ethical or professional.

Old 09-03-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Ed is pretty legit and he is strictly a Las Vegas attorney....even ran for mayor a few years back...
He's OK. Just don't expect him to personally handle your case, or to take it to court.

Old 09-03-2011, 12:08 PM

He can't even SPELL Court

I remember the old office now....that was where Chuck Wagner worked...and yes Hal worked all over the place....
I can vaguely remember Johnny Gun....seems like.....he was trememdously impressed with himself....

Old 09-03-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
I was just starting out in theatrical photography in the late 60's/early 70's and worked with a girl that was doing publicity/public relations...so we hit EVERY radio n TV station in town with our clients....there were some good jocks then....

Gabby Schaeffer was on late nights on that station that was inside the Castaways....and Hal Blu was also at KRAM I think....[was that KRAM inside the Castaways?]
The station in the Castaways was, at least at one time, K-News (KNUS?). Another former Donrey employee, Joe McMurray, owned it for many years, and I knew some of the employees. Joe ran KORK-AM for many years too.

K-News may also have been KLAS-AM at one time, but CRS is affecting my brain. I'm not sure if those are still the call letters. I haven't been listening lately, since I don't spend the day in the car anymore, but I think they are on both AM & FM simulcasting. Rush Limbaugh used to keep me company when I was driving around visiting my JobConnect clients. We had a lot of arguments. I'll have to turn it on and get the call sign. With the XM radio in our new vehicle, we can't bring ourselves to listen to regular radio stations. Local radio ain't dead yet, but it has one foot in the grave, I'm sorry to say.

I bet you and I crossed paths somewhere along the line. Do you remember who the girl was? Clients? Did you know Forest Duke, Gus Guiffre, or Jack Kogan? They are gone now, but I still see Milt Bosnic at the media lunches now and then.

Old 09-03-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
He can't even SPELL Court

I remember the old office now....that was where Chuck Wagner worked...and yes Hal worked all over the place....
I can vaguely remember Johnny Gun....seems like.....he was tremendously impressed with himself....
I mainly remember Johnny because he called when he hit town. We had a mutual friend that knew people all over the world, and he asked Johnny to give me a call when he got to Las Vegas.

I think I worked with Johnny on a TV spot or two also. Nice guy. I guess they have to massage their egos a lot to put themselves out there all the time, but it does get old.

Local advertisers, like these attorneys that do their own spots, are smart. It gives them more believability for their customers to see the face of the guy they think they'll be doing business with. Fletcher Jones, Sr., was a master at that. But, some of them start taking themselves too seriously once they start being recognized on the street. Viewers tend to give them star status when they ain't.

Old 09-03-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
The station in the Castaways was, at least at one time, K-News (KNUS?). Another former Donrey employee, Joe McMurray, owned it for many years, and I knew some of the employees. Joe ran KORK-AM for many years too.

K-News may also have been KLAS-AM at one time, but CRS is affecting my brain. I'm not sure if those are still the call letters. I haven't been listening lately, since I don't spend the day in the car anymore, but I think they are on both AM & FM simulcasting. Rush Limbaugh used to keep me company when I was driving around visiting my JobConnect clients. We had a lot of arguments. I'll have to turn it on and get the call sign. With the XM radio in our new vehicle, we can't bring ourselves to listen to regular radio stations. Local radio ain't dead yet, but it has one foot in the grave, I'm sorry to say.

I bet you and I crossed paths somewhere along the line. Do you remember who the girl was? Clients? Did you know Forest Duke, Gus Guiffre, or Jack Kogan? They are gone now, but I still see Milt Bosnic at the media lunches now and then.
KLAS was the one....the Girl was Joan Guertin her company was Capricorn enterprises she/we handled Johnny Tillotson, Dottie West, Frank Ifield[I remember you], Merrilee Rush, and a whole tone of people....

I knew Gus and Jack, I met forrest once, knew Fedora Bon Tempie cause we put a couple of people on her cooking show. But my ALL time favorite was G.L.Vitto....

Old 09-03-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
KLAS was the one....the Girl was Joan Guertin her company was Capricorn enterprises she/we handled Johnny Tillotson, Dottie West, Frank Ifield[I remember you], Merrilee Rush, and a whole tone of people....

I knew Gus and Jack, I met forrest once, knew Fedora Bon Tempie cause we put a couple of people on her cooking show. But my ALL time favorite was G.L.Vitto....
GL was a piece of work. What ever happened to him and brother Ron?

G.L. Vitto at the Fights - Las Vegas celebrities and people and doings around town

Old 09-03-2011, 06:36 PM

Ron moved on to California and GL died a few years ago....

We went down to do his Late Late Show Show with Johnnie tillotson....I had Joans assistant with me....she was....mmmm well endowed...and dumb as a box of rocks....I introduced her to GL and he started righ in about how he had been to California that day to a meeting and they solved the smog problem for Las Vegas they were going to buils a 200 foot tall wall around southern Nevada and then pump the smog over the wall ["ive really got a fish here dont I?] into Utah....

and that was exactly the way he was talking....he would keep inserting comments into this run on free frm story about how she was being sucked right in believeing every word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: