Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2011, 11:50 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
Anyway....I do apologize if my earlier comments were offensive. I like to joke around and since I am LDS I guess I felt I had the liberty.
ohhhhh nooooooo if you were TRULY LDS, ALL of yor posts would begin with PROOF positive------->
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 12:08 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
ohhhhh nooooooo if you were TRULY LDS, ALL of yor posts would begin with PROOF positive------->
What do I have to prove it? I'm like wife number 10....kidding KIDDING!!!! I tried to be a closet Mormon for all this time but had to defend my bigoted kidding around.

****disclaimer...no Mormons do not practice polygamy...*sighs*

Old 09-27-2011, 12:32 PM

579 posts, read 1,210,158 times
To help you out with specific school, church and ward questions: The temple is on the east side of town on Sunrise Mountain, every neighborhood has a church nearby and all of the highschools have one specifically built nearby so the children can attend seminary in the morning before school, then walk directly over. There is one LDS based private school in town. Well, let me rephrase that. Many LDS children attend all forms of public and charter schools and any and all private schools, including non-denominational Christian, Lutheran and Catholic. They do so for the basics in bible teaching, regardless of difference between the faiths. But there is one school that does have a predominent amount of LDS children enrolled and that is American Heritage Academy. Outside of that, I think the LDS are spread pretty fairly around the valley, maybe higher concentrations in the more affluent parts of town; Green Valley, Summerlin, Centenial Hills have big concentrations. If I had to choose one area that stands out more than others, historically, it's always been the NW side of town, specifically the Lone Mountain area.

Quote:
PS: OP, Las Vegas is NOT the place for you and your family, It is a town of sin, vice, and all the other deadly things...
You've got to be kidding? LV is KNOWN for their high mormon populous. They helped to settle and found the area, most of the small towns right outside of LV like Pahrump, Caliente, Pioche, Alamo, Logandale, Overton, and Moapa Valley are all considered "mormon towns" regardless of the real amount of LDS in their city borders. There are LDS bookstores, donation centers and credit unions on every corner in Las Vegas. You'd be shocked if you knew the amount of big business, construction, industry in town owned by LDS families. Heck, Harry Reid is a mormon......sure there's a strange juxtiposition I suppose: "sin city" being home to such a huge mormon population. But the mormons were here before the "sin" part, that hasn't changed.......

Old 09-27-2011, 12:41 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,948,701 times
Quote:
...no Mormons do not practice polygamy...*sighs*
No, of course not. Only the fundamentalist Mo's are polygamists today... you know, the ones who still think Joseph Smith's revelation from God was indeed valid.

I guess when Utah statehood was on the line, Mormons concluded that God must've made a mistake.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:48 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
No, of course not. Only the fundamentalist Mo's are polygamists today... you know, the ones who still think Joseph Smith's revelation from God was indeed valid.

I guess when Utah statehood was on the line, Mormons concluded that God must've made a mistake.
Nope...it's not a mistake. They just don't "practice it." Big difference! I wonder about all the other Christian religions who follow the bible and believe Abraham was a prophet. You know all those guys back then who "practiced" polygamy.

Anway...don't want to turn this into a religion debate and get the OP's thread shut down.

However...if you want to meet me in the Religion forum I'm feeling frisky and in the mood for a fight.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:02 AM

6 posts, read 13,711 times
hopingwind,

Anthem Country Club Area.
Jr. High School: Del E. Webb
Elementary School: Elise Wolff

Take Care..

Old 10-14-2011, 09:00 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
Quote:
****disclaimer...no Mormons do not practice polygamy...*sighs*
Nope, they don't Practice cause they got it down perfect
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas