Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 01:19 PM

77 posts, read 170,237 times

Advertisements

For anyone very familiar with the NW 89131 and the area, I see that there are a lot of little gate communities and small neighborhoods. I drive around and check realtor.com and see A LOT of places I really love. Huge homes on 1/2 acre lots, RV/boat parking... Essentially my dream home. Aside from the fact I have to drive to the 3 St rose hospitals for work, I jut cannot get over the fact that for what we really value in a home, this us the area we need.
Any particular areas dense with smaller children (5ish and younger) with large homes/lots? Having kids our kids can play with is VeRy important and we are not the pay group type, just want my kids to have fun with neighborhood friends like we used to.
We also need to check the schools as well but i hear some good things so far regarding some.
Would really like an area with a sense of community, safe dog walking, running, etc. Just not too personally familiar with the area.
Thanks!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.099187,-115.296877
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 01:32 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times
GET A REALTOR! You are asking the same questions over and over on different posts already!

Old 10-04-2011, 02:29 PM

Ahhh such welcome help.
I have a realtor already.
However, I am looking for all possible opinions/ points on all my concerns. Coupled with my research, and my realtor ( who admittedly is not well versed in the NW area), THAT'S how the best choices are made.

Sorry I thought this was a "forum" a place to exchange ideas not simply a database on the web.
Am I going to make a choice based on responses from here, no. Just curious.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.058106,-115.272723

Old 10-04-2011, 02:46 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
I am underwhelmed by your lack of 'skillful' sarcasim.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:15 PM

347 posts, read 542,607 times
have you googled schools in las vegas for rankings and class sizes? The homes sound like a dream compared to living in cookie cutter "reach out to your neighbors through your window to borrow some sugar" homes.
Have your realtor get you the school district info as well.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:27 PM

Not really trying to be sarcastic, but whatever. I usually type on the fly so I don't have time to proof any of these things.

I have looked up the "stats" on all the schools in a areas I'm looking at and that is a great idea. But stats are just a small aspect and real parent experiences are just as important in getting the whole picture.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.218645,-115.313921

Old 10-05-2011, 12:28 AM

1,966 posts, read 4,342,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarcia112 View Post
For anyone very familiar with the NW 89131 and the area, I see that there are a lot of little gate communities and small neighborhoods. I drive around and check realtor.com and see A LOT of places I really love. Huge homes on 1/2 acre lots, RV/boat parking... Essentially my dream home. Aside from the fact I have to drive to the 3 St rose hospitals for work, I jut cannot get over the fact that for what we really value in a home, this us the area we need.
Any particular areas dense with smaller children (5ish and younger) with large homes/lots? Having kids our kids can play with is VeRy important and we are not the pay group type, just want my kids to have fun with neighborhood friends like we used to.
We also need to check the schools as well but i hear some good things so far regarding some.
Would really like an area with a sense of community, safe dog walking, running, etc. Just not too personally familiar with the area.
Thanks!

---
I am here: Google Maps
I would check Iron Mountain Estates next to Kitty Ward Elementary. My buddy has a house there which is gated with huge lots and tons of kids plus the school is one of the better schools in CCSD.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:32 PM

930 posts, read 1,818,480 times
I think some of the best home values (more home/yard for the money per sf) are in the NW. take a look at comparable homes in Summerlin and you'll see , for what you get, the NW is best value around for quality built homes with large lots.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:41 PM

700 posts, read 1,329,928 times
As stated on another thread, we are trying to get away from the zip code stuff, so please use major intersections, landmarks, etc to let people know where you are talking about.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:53 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demoknite View Post
As stated on another thread, we are trying to get away from the zip code stuff, so please use major intersections, landmarks, etc to let people know where you are talking about.
Who is "we"? Clark County? Nevada? Just wondering if there was some change by the gov't or by City Data? Otherwise, it is easy to pull up a map and look at the zip code area. I had to when I did research and it did help me learn the areas and the street names that surrounded them.

Also, it seems people have been using zip codes for areas in CC for a while, so some might not know the exact intersections. Again, that would be up to you, I'd imagine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas