Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 12:06 PM

818 posts, read 3,698,776 times

Advertisements

It's not West Side, but I saw a sign for "Bloom's Farmer's Market" opening soon on the corner of Tropicana/Topaz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 11:35 AM

278 posts, read 1,084,158 times
Quote:
Fresh and easy markets will be opening by the end of the year. They are supposed to have a great variety of produce at lower prices like Sunflower markets. there are 11 or so locations opening up all over the valley.
So that's what it is. We are getting one on Lake Mead.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:11 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,688,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell View Post
It's not West Side, but I saw a sign for "Bloom's Farmer's Market" opening soon on the corner of Tropicana/Topaz.
Bloom's is a Kosher Israeli supermarket, I went tonight, huge selection of Kosher stuff, but they don't have much produce, they must not know what a farmer's market really is...

Old 01-23-2008, 03:35 PM

23 posts, read 69,682 times
Sunflower market is good by the valley's standards. However, the valley's standards for produce are quite low.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:01 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,475,380 times
In all my years of living here, I've never gotten really good produce...it's the desert, nothing is grown here, so I can't expect that wonderful farm fresh, Mom and Pop vegetable stand produce I grew up with on the East Coast..

I went in the Fresh and Easy store on Del Webb, in SunCity Summerlin over the weekend..I was not impressed. I don't like things "pre-packaged" and I didn't think they had such a large selection either. I did get some nice iceberg lettuce for 98 cents a head...really nice, no brown spots and solid..

If I don't get my produce at Whole Foods, I usually shop for it at Smith's or Costco. Once in a while I also hit the Sunflower Market, but it's so far out of my way, I don't get there too often....Albertsons produce is passable...but oh so expensive

Old 01-25-2008, 01:28 PM

23 posts, read 69,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
In all my years of living here, I've never gotten really good produce...it's the desert, nothing is grown here, so I can't expect that wonderful farm fresh, Mom and Pop vegetable stand produce I grew up with on the East Coast..

I went in the Fresh and Easy store on Del Webb, in SunCity Summerlin over the weekend..I was not impressed. I don't like things "pre-packaged" and I didn't think they had such a large selection either. I did get some nice iceberg lettuce for 98 cents a head...really nice, no brown spots and solid..

If I don't get my produce at Whole Foods, I usually shop for it at Smith's or Costco. Once in a while I also hit the Sunflower Market, but it's so far out of my way, I don't get there too often....Albertsons produce is passable...but oh so expensive
I've always wondered why grapes are so expensive here and low quality. After all, the vally seems to get their grapes from Chile, which is the same place we got them from back home. However, the grapes here are always expensive and spoil quickly.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:09 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,475,380 times
Years ago we used to be able to get fresh artichokes from Pahrump in our grocery stores...there's a place that grows them/or used to grow them up there.

Even that stopped over the last few years, most of the ones I buy are from California now...

Last edited by MomMom; 01-25-2008 at 04:05 PM..

Old 01-27-2008, 08:04 AM

103 posts, read 205,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Fresh and easy markets will be opening by the end of the year.
I remember a girl from college. She was fresh and easy. She was always open too.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:27 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by havreman View Post
I remember a girl from college. She was fresh and easy. She was always open too.
Yes, but how was she in the seafood department?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas