Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2012, 11:03 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,808,775 times

Advertisements

Wow!

The issue with pets is courtesy. Dogs themselves are not really that dirty, nor do their mere presence around food cause any contamination.

Humans who don't follow rules are too blame, that and people who don't confront the person. To the person who said "complain to the store"

No buddy, if I have a problem with you, I am confronting you about it.

I hate when dog owners take their dogs to the parks that have no dogs signs. The reason the signs are there is because people want to sit in the grass or kids might play in the field and don't want your dog poop everywhere.

I don't have a problem with them being in the store though, as long as they are not going to bite anyone. If your dog bites my kid at the grocery store it will get ugly. I've never had this happen, never even had a dog growl at me or the kids. I assume you people are smart enough not to take a man-biter to the store.

I don't see that many dogs in stores though, go to San Franciso, you'll realize it's not really a problem here.

Pick up the poop and don't take them to parks where they are prohibited and I've got no problem. Keep them on a muzzle if they bite. Pretty common sense.

Be considerate dog owners.

I love babies and dogs alike. I usually pet the dogs at the stores. If we didn't have babies it would be the end of the human race.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:53 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,996,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I agree that a airplane passenger should be able to fly in peace. I cringe every time I see a baby on board.

I assume Scoop doesn't have a cat or a small dog, because he seems to have major issues with both.

I don't take my animals everywhere, but when I do they are under my control, not in anyone's faces, quiet, and I clean up after them. Just because one is in a grocery store (something I don't do BTW) doesn't mean the entire building is suddenly contaminated with filth or allergens.

Sometimes people take their pets with them because they are running pet related errands that day. Having your dog along doesn't mean you are so attached you can't bear to be away from them.
I am allergic to cats. Only cats. I won't even enter the home of someone with a cat. I'll start sneezing immediately and won't stop until one hour after I leave. And there's nothing I can do about it. I'm not allergic to dogs. I like dogs -- well trained, well behaved dogs. I just don't like the brain-dead owners who feel entitled to bring their dogs EVERYWHERE.

When I go to Europe, which is FAR more liberal about "dogs in public places," I don't mind so much because the dogs are better behaved. And urine and feces isn't an issue. The owners don't act like their dog just DID SOCIETY A FAVOR by voiding all over the restaurant. The dog has been trained to alert when nature calls. The dog signals the owner that it's "time to go." And they leave, quick smart. In Europe they TRAIN their dogs. Americans mostly PAMPER theirs. Big, BIG difference. The exception is hunters. Hunters in America know how to train a dog.

My problem is pampered, unruly miserable little curs and the owners with their grossly-inflated sense of entitlement.

Last edited by ScoopLV; 07-13-2012 at 01:03 PM..

Old 07-13-2012, 02:44 PM

2,180 posts, read 4,537,916 times
I love taking my dog to the park to go Poop... she likes it also, it's her favorite bathroom since we don't have grass in our back yard.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:31 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdeen View Post
Whenever we go to a restaurant, we always tell the host/hostess, "Do not sit us near any babies." When we first started doing this, they would look at us like there was something wrong with us. Now, I think so many people do it that they don't give it a second thought.

Back on topic.

I don't take my dog everywhere I go and do believe some places should be off limits. If my dog is with me for some reason, I will take him in a retail store because it is too hot here to leave an animal in a car.

I would never fly and put my dog in the cargo area of a plane. That's just cruel. I would have him sedated and crated in a seat by me.
Some of the airlines don't even do that anymore. Even the ones that did, you can't put a snub-nosed dog there. You have to be able to put your crate under your seat or it doesn't go. After the flight takes off, you can slide it out a bit. But, being the considerate person I am, I didn't want to take the dog out to bother other people. There are those who find them soooo cute and those who don't. I didn't want to sit for 4.5 hours after I found out the those who don't.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu View Post
I love taking my dog to the park to go Poop... she likes it also, it's her favorite bathroom since we don't have grass in our back yard.

If dogs are not specifically prohibited, it's no issue though you should still clean it up. We're talking about places where dogs clearly should not be using the bathroom, like on the playground, soccer fields, that sort of thing. We even have dog parks in town where you can take the dog off a leash.

You can take your dog to the park and not be inconsiderate of others. The parks around me even provide little baggies to clean up the mess so there is no excuse for it at all. I mostly see people cleaning up after their dogs, it's actually rare that they don't in my opinion. Just like taking the dogs to stores, 9 times out of ten it's a little old lady. Why bother her? Seniors have earned the right to take their little dogs anywhere they please in my opinion.

I went somewhere, can't remember where, and they had the dog inside the restaurant. I can't even remember if it was here. Not a big deal to me either. I try to be pretty tolerant of others.

Be a good owner and a good citizen. If I see you letting your dog poop in a park and not cleaning it up I'm going to tell you about it.

Last edited by Exaday; 07-14-2012 at 09:36 AM..

Old 07-14-2012, 09:39 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,263,308 times
You should see all the dog crap around Peccole Ranch, Some people apparently like having a dog(s) but can't be bothered to clean up after it. They dont want poop in their yard so they let it poop in some other person's yard or where ever. One old guy walks 2 dogs one brown one white, boxer and a pitbull maybe. He never picks up after them. If someone is walking by he will act like he is about to pick up their poop but as soon as you pass he just leaves it there-I've seen him around the lakes also.

There is a corner house on my street that smells sooo bad from all the urine on the bushes I don't how the guy living there can stand it. I know dogs have to pee but I would need to hose that area down or spray something over there that keeps the dogs from wanting to pee in that spot.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
You should see all the dog crap around Peccole Ranch, Some people apparently like having a dog(s) but can't be bothered to clean up after it. They dont want poop in their yard so they let it poop in some other person's yard or where ever. One old guy walks 2 dogs one brown one white, boxer and a pitbull maybe. He never picks up after them. If someone is walking by he will act like he is about to pick up their poop but as soon as you pass he just leaves it there-I've seen him around the lakes also.

There is a corner house on my street that smells sooo bad from all the urine on the bushes I don't how the guy living there can stand it. I know dogs have to pee but I would need to hose that area down or spray something over there that keeps the dogs from wanting to pee in that spot.

Yeah and you can see that on this sight alone so many people have the I don't care about others mentality. At the end of the day, it's just not something I can afford to worry about though. Luckily I don't have that problem at my house. I'm more annoyed by the pigeons who always poop around my spa. Maybe if I had a dog he would chase them away?

I have cats but they are indoor. I am more of a dog person but don't want to clean up the dog poop either, so I just don't own one.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:08 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,263,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
Yeah and you can see that on this sight alone so many people have the I don't care about others mentality. At the end of the day, it's just not something I can afford to worry about though. Luckily I don't have that problem at my house. I'm more annoyed by the pigeons who always poop around my spa. Maybe if I had a dog he would chase them away?

I have cats but they are indoor. I am more of a dog person but don't want to clean up the dog poop either, so I just don't own one.

Exactly, I like dogs as well but I dont want to clean up after them at all. I have a cat, she stays inside unless she manages to escape past my husband or daughter . She poops in a box, I clean it & that is it.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:52 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,296,361 times
Picking up poop is really not a big deal. I am amazed that so many people just don't do it. Of course my dog's poop is very small (smaller than the cats) so maybe I would feel differently if i had to deal with bigger stuff.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:22 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post

Yeah, what is with the stupid pigeons anyway? Seems they are worse this year than I remember in the past. I know having a pool invites them, but I have never seen all the poop around like I have lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas