Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2012, 11:10 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,964,579 times

Advertisements

Can anyone direct me to a schedule of youth football in LV? I noticed a game at being played Las Vegas High on Saturday and I wanted to know if there is a site that has game and times of youth games around Las vegas.. Are all games only played on Saturdays?

As a side note I have no clue how those kids can be playing in the LV heat..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 02:12 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Can anyone direct me to a schedule of youth football in LV? I noticed a game at being played Las Vegas High on Saturday and I wanted to know if there is a site that has game and times of youth games around Las vegas.. Are all games only played on Saturdays?

As a side note I have no clue how those kids can be playing in the LV heat..
Are you talking about the high school games, or the youth football leagues? BTW: I agree; in all my years in Las Vegas I've probably only been to five or six games as I could never understood how they can play football before late November. At least I'm not going to sit in that heat and watch. I never got over believing it has to be either raining or snowing and no warmer than 50º for football games.

nevadapreps.com >> Schedules

Welcome to the Desert Youth Football League!

Southern Nevada Pop Warner Football

Southern Nevada Youth Sports Association Middle School Football League Home Page Las Vegas Nevada

Nevada Youth Football League

National Youth Football Championships Tournament Homepage

Old 09-09-2012, 04:38 PM

Thanks. I wanted the pee wee's and under. It's fun just to watch the youngsters and remember back in the day so I figured I would give it a shot to suport the little tykes but having that sun beating down on me isn't going to be easy.. Growing up in a northern state there's no way I woud play in this heat. Then again if you don't know any better than you do as the romans do...

Old 09-15-2012, 03:58 PM

Update: I stopped by LV high School this morning and saw a couple of games. It was entertainng to see the little tykes playing. There were a couple of good hits but the refs called unnecessary roughness and threw too many flags for things like offsides which kind of made the games drag on but I will still support the kids when I can.. The little league basesball games should be good to watch... I still don't see how they do it. At about noon the sun started to beam and I had enough...So then it became ROLL TIDE time...

Old 09-15-2012, 05:10 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Are you talking about the high school games, or the youth football leagues? BTW: I agree; in all my years in Las Vegas I've probably only been to five or six games as I could never understood how they can play football before late November. At least I'm not going to sit in that heat and watch. I never got over believing it has to be either raining or snowing and no warmer than 50º for football games.

nevadapreps.com >> Schedules

Welcome to the Desert Youth Football League!

Southern Nevada Pop Warner Football

Southern Nevada Youth Sports Association Middle School Football League Home Page Las Vegas Nevada

National Youth Football Championships Tournament Homepage
Thanks for the link to the high school sports schedule from the Review-Jouranal. I especially like the dual meet cross country listings.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,967 times
Hello, I'm interested in the middle school football league you guys have in Vegas area. I'm currently living in Florida, but the football program for the middle school and high school is on a buddy buddy system. My 13 year old son is 186 lbs and hits like a mac truck. I want him to have the best possible chance to do something special with football and if that means moving the family 2000 miles for him to have a better chance then thats what we are going to do. Can anyone give me some inside tips on the League? also, the school system, i'm not talking about Nevada as a whole, how are the schools in Vegas, my boys hold a 3.0. How are the teachers? I've been looking at alot of differen places, not moving for the night life or anything like that, I'm 28 years old and a Disabled Vet my wife pretty much has a job locked in and i'm just doing some research, I'm not worried about scorpions, spiders, snakes. every where you go in the United States is going to have something that can be fairly dangerous or deadly.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:36 AM

3,199 posts, read 13,399,081 times
Nevada Youth Football League - can't be beat!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas