Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 07:53 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,346,441 times

Advertisements

The only one I've seen is Ka, and I didn't like it at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 08:02 PM

12,775 posts, read 14,987,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newopty View Post
Thanks for the recommendations. Any suggestions which seats to get? Up front, middle or back?
I always try to buy my tickets AT LEAST a month in advance to get as good a seats as possible, for the amount I'm willing to pay. I really don't want to pay more than $75/person, but I see form these Vegas shows, the Cirques are about $175/person. Oh well! I guess since it's Christmas & I'm on vacation, I'll splurge!

I've seen a few Cirque shows, but I plan to go to Vegas this Christmas & see my 1st one there. I think I may see Ka or Mystere, maybe O.

Quidam - Not in Vegs, but if you never see it, you're not missing anything

Dralion - Just saw last week & I liked it, but I'm sure it's not as magnificent as the more grand ones

Cirque Voila - I don't know if that's considered a Cirque du Soleil show...it's not on the official website, but it's very amateurish & you're DEFINITELY NOT missing anything

Don't even remember the other ones I saw. They seemed to be on a smaller scale & are not listed on the official Cirque du Soeile website.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:21 PM

526 posts, read 832,975 times
The last time I saw O I purchased the tickets 3 months in advance.

Had my pick of seats. Bought front row, center stage. During intro 2 clowns run around "clowning".
I was one of two that was picked to go up on stage and dance a waltz with one of them.
WAS GREAT EXPERIENCE!!
During the show the "water people" would splash us. It was great fun.
Next time I will bring a squirt gun and "splash" back.....

Old 10-31-2012, 09:24 PM

3 posts, read 2,869 times
ANY. Incredible athletes. ANY!

Old 10-31-2012, 09:36 PM

278 posts, read 791,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newopty View Post
Any recommendations which show to see for someone going to Cirque du Soleil for the first time?
mystere or o are typically the favorites (as others have already alluded to).

i have seen mystere, o, ka, zumanity, and love. i would see mystere or o again without hesitation.
i doubt i will ever see believe (criss angel).

Old 10-31-2012, 09:36 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
My sister LOVED LOVE, much better than the Elvis show. She also enjoyed Mystere.

The Elvis show didn't make it. I think this is the last month for it.

There will be a Michael Jackson Cirque show coming at the Mandalay Bay. I guess when you die, you get a Cirque show!

Old 10-31-2012, 09:37 PM

278 posts, read 791,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiKate View Post
My favorite is also Mystere. I liked Love, but not as much as Mystere. And the Elvis one was a bust. Those are the only ones I've seen.
the elvis one (viva la elvis) no longer exists. it has been replaced by zarkana, which apparently did well in japan.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:45 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,986 times
Agree with all of the above, but also want to throw in "Le Reve" at the Wynn. It's not a Cirque production, but it is very similar and an amazing show of the same caliber... similar to "O". Nice stunts, artistry... and kind of sexy. Rawr!

Also, I can't speak highly enough of "Absinthe" in front of Caesars. It's definitely for adults who don't mind a little salty language, but it's hilarious and has something unique that you'll never find anywhere else in Las Vegas. Very well done.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:37 AM

351 posts, read 837,223 times
I've seen LOVE, KA, Viva Elvis & O & La Reve. By far my favorite was LOVE. It has the added benefit of music you've heard before-& you don't have to love The Beatles to enjoy LOVE. Another benefit is there's not a bad seat in the house. Buy the cheapest tickets & your seats will be great.
KA-a little spacey for your first Cirque, but very good. O-very good. Elvis was entertaining but nowhere near LOVE. La Reve-good.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:45 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
^this is what I have heard from people I know. I have not been to one yet. I recently saw an ad for two tickets for $99. They might be cruddy seats? It might just be a locals special too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas