Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 01:04 PM

117 posts, read 146,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_Eagan View Post
We leave Rhode Island June 3rd. ABF trailer gets here on May 30th, going away party with 200-300 of our friends on June 1st, then off to Las Vegas! I can't wait!

OMG, I'm so far behind in my scheduling, and you're done already
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 01:10 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,785,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverChicagoWeather View Post
OMG, I'm so far behind in my scheduling, and you're done already
I'm a compulsive planner.. no idea where we're going to live yet, as we can't start contacting homes until May, but other than that, yeah, only packing left to do.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:31 PM

107 posts, read 231,770 times
Quote:
It's so very nice to read the posts about those of you who are moving back and are so excited about it!! Does those of us getting ready to move there for the 1st time a world of good!!!
+1

Old 02-09-2013, 04:50 PM

2,719 posts, read 3,491,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmalik View Post
Welcome back! I am a new transplant....here since December and I absolutely love it here! I haven't met anyone, so no friends yet. But I make friends easily and know it's just a matter of time and place.
I don't know how approachable you are but it should not be hard for you to get to know people. Clark County is a small county, population wise at nearly 2 million. If you dine out and frequent the same restaurants/pub, people will remember you. There are many great commercial centers in town where you can hang out if you don't feel like dealing with the locals on the Strip together with the thousands who come visit. If you like working out, same can be said in the gym, so many out there and some open 24 hours. Goodluck!

Old 02-09-2013, 06:28 PM

719 posts, read 1,480,219 times
I want to move back too and I have only been gone a little over a month. LOL We had three bad experiences there. One, my son caused himself. Two of them were crimes committed against my daughter in law, by strangers and were violent. But the truth is these things could happen anywhere. Outside of those things I am totally in love with Las Vegas. The synergy is incredible. I made friends easily and just could not get over the constant sunshine. You are lucky to be moving back!

Old 02-09-2013, 06:56 PM

188 posts, read 358,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSarah View Post
We had three bad experiences there. One, my son caused himself. Two of them were crimes committed against my daughter in law, by strangers and were violent.
Where were you living? Where did these violent attacks occur?

Old 02-09-2013, 09:53 PM

719 posts, read 1,480,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbieRose View Post
Where were you living? Where did these violent attacks occur?
One was while we stayed at Siegal Suites off West Trop. (Not going into details here,....
The second time was at her apartment complex several months later. She was walking to meet my son at the mailboxes, it was daylight and she was attacked and beaten for her purse. She had to be taken to the hospital for injuries but they were not severe. Her purse got caught on her arm and they knocked her down and kicked and beat her until the strap tore off her arm.
that was over by Trop and Eastern. I lived out by Trop and Mountain Vista which was much quieter and safer than where they lived. She is about 5 feet tall and weighs 92 pounds and was waling with her cell phone glued to her ear so they decided she was an easy target I guess.
But that could happen anywhere. I never felt unsafe in Vegas. I shopped and walked at night, in the daytime etc and never had a problem. So I think it was a fluke.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:23 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times
Quote:
It's so very nice to read the posts about those of you who are moving back and are so excited about it!! Does those of us getting ready to move there for the 1st time a world of good!!!
Yeah, don't pay any attention to the trolls and other malcontents whose sole pleasure in life seems to be posting derogatory information about Las Vegas. In fact, most C-D city boards have a few of these reprobates who love to post that they can't wait to leave or that they left and are so very happy that they got out. (But for some reason, instead of reveling in their new locale, they are so obsessed with their former city that they have to compose post after post telling everyone what an awful city they used to live in.)

I almost feel sorry for these poor, obsessed wretches.

Almost.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:32 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,785,752 times
+1 MMOB (after I "spread some reputation around")

Some people are just miserable human beings.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:35 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,638,982 times
+1 from me as well, I have lived here 4 months, and they have been absolutely the best 4 months of my life (so far)

Jonathan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas