Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 10:15 PM

2,076 posts, read 4,073,711 times

Advertisements

It's not that difficult, go to the assessor's site and get the parcel number. Plug the parcel number into the recorder's site. For the current owner, count the number of "trust deeds" minus the number of "reconveyences" or "substitution/reconveyence". If the resultant number is 2, they have two loans, 1, one loan, 0, zero loans, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberGuy View Post
You have to do a bit more digging at the Recorder's website to look for any mortgages that were obtained right when the deed was recorded or to see if any outstanding mortgage has been satisfied... I must admit, I did underestimate the technical level needed to dig up that kind of info, but it's certainly available to the public...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 06:53 AM

555 posts, read 775,387 times
If you're renting a house/condo you could also see if the property owner is current on tax assessments (payed quarterly I believe?)..... 3-4 payments behind would semi-concern me.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:43 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,486,282 times
Thanks for the info.

The reason why it matteres is that it has been happening
Here in Ca alot & I have heard LV as well.

Being disabled, "mature", w/a cat no family/close contacts,
If it happened 10% that would be too much.

I really am not handy. Due to arthritis (stiffness a euphemism
For literally can't move even w/earthquake.

Maybe I should just stay away.

Terrasini @ alliante was recommended now by 2 people -
1 here & 1 offsite. I guess. There are no current rentals
(At least on apt or rent.com).

I don't know. I didn't relocate back to the sw after family business
But I wish I had tried to get into owning a sm condo before
2012!!!! Investors seem to be creating a bubble. Prices
QUICKLY increasing yet county seat bankrupt. No more jobs
In sight. The same rentals week after week.

No one wants them. The decent ones go to 1st or 2nd viewer.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:07 PM

15,856 posts, read 14,479,382 times
You're wrong. Everything is negotiable. Landlords routinely ask potential renters for credit information. Smart renters should and can do the same, especially for small landlords. The LL can say no, but they may need the renter. In that case they may have to play ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy506 View Post
Actually, no one is going to tell a renter if they own their home outright as it isn't their business and is an extremely private matter for an owner. It also doesn't have any bearing on whether or not the home is sold mid-lease. If you are afraid of having to move due to a home sale, that might be a valid concern, but local laws prevent you from being kicked out before your lease expires. If you'd like to stay in one place for a long time, you might want to look into an apartment, but chances are good that a rental home you live in will be sold to an investor who will continue to rent to you provided you aren't late on rent or a pain to deal with.

Another thing to consider is whether or not you're a self-sufficient person. If you have no idea what an angle stop is and are too scared to light a pilot light, rent an apartment. Single rental properties owned by investors (often out of state) are usually managed by property management companies, and they don't send maintenance out for every little thing, just things that take an experienced repairman to fix.

I've been in property management for five years, four of which in Clark County.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:32 PM

743 posts, read 968,579 times
I know of a landlord with a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom condo with hardwood floors that will be available this week...it's about 5 miles from the strip in a gated community in Spring Valley. He usually rents them for under $700 and I know he owns it outright if that's vital for you.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:43 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,837,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardogfsu View Post
I know of a landlord with a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom condo with hardwood floors that will be available this week...it's about 5 miles from the strip in a gated community in Spring Valley. He usually rents them for under $700 and I know he owns it outright if that's vital for you.
I wonder who that could be?

Old 02-25-2013, 04:00 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,486,282 times
All I want is to find a decent landlord
If I cannot purchase a property prior
To the owner of my current rental puts it
On the market.
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas