Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 03:09 PM

7 posts, read 17,696 times

Advertisements

I Currently Live In New York City, And Thinking About Relocating To VEGAS. No True Reasons Besides The Fact That We Love Warm Weather, And In Need Of A Change Of Pace. We Are In Our Twenties, And Would Love Anyones Opinion Of People Our Age Living In The Area. Also Currently Looking For A Job, Im A Hairstylist, And HE'S A Restaurant Manager, Anyone With Opinions With What To Expect On Pay, And Difficulties On Finding A Good Job? Thanks So Much And Look Forward To Any Feedback

[+] Rate this post positively
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 03:19 PM

359 posts, read 1,407,897 times
hey im moving to vegas as well in a few months. as for looking for a job, i heard it wont be hard to do so if you arent picky. but recently i heard its hard to get a job in tech positions ? kinda sad since im a tech kinda guy who would like a tech job. but anyways,
from what ive seen, there are a lot of people on that age group that ive seen here in vegas. as for your other questions, sorry i cant be of much help since i myself am looking for a job and asking for some tips from others. well enjoi vegas !

Old 10-30-2007, 03:24 PM

216 posts, read 829,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLOU386 View Post
I Currently Live In New York City, And Thinking About Relocating To VEGAS. No True Reasons Besides The Fact That We Love Warm Weather, And In Need Of A Change Of Pace. We Are In Our Twenties, And Would Love Anyones Opinion Of People Our Age Living In The Area. Also Currently Looking For A Job, Im A Hairstylist, And HE'S A Restaurant Manager, Anyone With Opinions With What To Expect On Pay, And Difficulties On Finding A Good Job? Thanks So Much And Look Forward To Any Feedback

[+] Rate this post positively
Cool, we need more NY's I can't give an opinion one way or the other about restaurant jobs, but you shouldn't have a problem at all finding a position in a good salon. The salons are run a little differently out here though, just be aware of that.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:34 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
You listed warm weather as your first reason. We all know about the heat of the LV summers, so no need to explain. However, if you do go, be prepared that winter can go down around the freezing mark. Granted, the winters do not get as cold as NYC, nor last as long...but some people think LV is like FL in the winter. It is not...and if you do move there, be sure to bring your winter jackets and coats. I was there in January 2007 for a week, and it was below freezing.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
You listed warm weather as your first reason. We all know about the heat of the LV summers, so no need to explain. However, if you do go, be prepared that winter can go down around the freezing mark. Granted, the winters do not get as cold as NYC, nor last as long...but some people think LV is like FL in the winter. It is not...and if you do move there, be sure to bring your winter jackets and coats. I was there in January 2007 for a week, and it was below freezing.
That was an unusually cold winter, not one to use as an example. How's the weather in NY today? I'm wearing a tank top

It gets cold in the winter, but no where near as cold as the East Coast. Being that your blood thins out you'll feel colder, though. If it gets to 60, I need one of those bubble coats and mittens.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:51 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
I have a great warm winter coat in the closet......haven't worn it in 5 years.........but then I"m olde n tough.....

Old 10-30-2007, 04:02 PM

255 posts, read 361,610 times
Quote:
True, we did have some nights last winter when the temperature dropped below freezing, but as soon as the sun came out, it warmed up a bit. It never stays below freezing for more than a few hours on any given day.

What you will enjoy the most about the Las Vegas winter weather is the sunshine. Overcast, dreary days are rare here. If it's cloudy one day, you can be sure it will be sunny the next.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:34 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Five View Post
That was an unusually cold winter, not one to use as an example. How's the weather in NY today? I'm wearing a tank top
Mom...we've been blessed with a beautiful autumn season. Over the past two weeks, we've actually hit 80 at times and have set a number of record highs. We put on the heat for the very first time this season just last night, as it got quite cool (30's)...today it was a beautiful 65 degrees, tomorrow the same.

PS...not trying to make this out as a NY vs LV thing...just want the OP to know that people are not swimming and tanning everyday throughout the winter there. You'd be amazed how some here that I work with think its summer year-round there!

Old 10-30-2007, 04:40 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
I agree with JFK [sometimes].....but we ORDER the cold weather specially just to remind us what it COULD be like

Old 10-30-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Mom...we've been blessed with a beautiful autumn season. Over the past two weeks, we've actually hit 80 at times and have set a number of record highs. We put on the heat for the very first time this season just last night, as it got quite cool (30's)...today it was a beautiful 65 degrees, tomorrow the same.

PS...not trying to make this out as a NY vs LV thing...just want the OP to know that people are not swimming and tanning everyday throughout the winter there. You'd be amazed how some here that I work with think its summer year-round there!
Oh, I know. I had to convince my sister to bring a jacket with her last February. She couldn't believe she would need one "in the desert"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas