Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 07:21 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,971,862 times

Advertisements

What get me is some of the on ramps to the highways. People don't move over a lane or slow down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 11:24 PM

49 posts, read 69,472 times
This is why I don't wanna rent a car when I vist. I just wanna drink and not have to worry about it.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:23 AM

399 posts, read 548,976 times
Saw a car pulled over by two cops right in the middle (middle lane) of Las Vegas Blvd with blinking lights and all that and the driver still in the vehicle. I've never seen a car pulled over like that - not to the shoulder. Cars had to go around them. Is that a felony stop or something?

Old 07-01-2013, 01:26 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistas View Post
Saw a car pulled over by two cops right in the middle (middle lane) of Las Vegas Blvd with blinking lights and all that and the driver still in the vehicle. I've never seen a car pulled over like that - not to the shoulder. Cars had to go around them. Is that a felony stop or something?
Nope. Typical dipstick that wouldn't get over when he got lit up.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
I watched one jog into a blind corner and get clipped by a car mirror...he acted indignant and yelled at the driver! HE was the one jay-jogging!

Another thing that frosts my cookies is when someone needs to turn but missed it. Instead of circling back they stop all traffic by doing a 90 degree turn across multiple lanes, causing a traffic jam! I've even watch some of them back up.
Well, honestly the way right turn lanes are done here it's easy to miss. Why create a whole new lane for the right turn? It creates one more unnecessary lane change and each lane change increases chances of an accident.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:45 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,489,386 times
Quote:
Well, honestly the way right turn lanes are done here it's easy to miss. Why create a whole new lane for the right turn? It creates one more unnecessary lane change and each lane change increases chances of an accident.
Actually it makes a lot more sense than having six or eight cars waiting to turn right behind a car that's stuck at the light going straight.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Nope. Typical dipstick that wouldn't get over when he got lit up.
Typical here? LOL. So the cops tell him to get over and he just sits there?

Old 07-02-2013, 12:25 AM

Accident lawyer billboards at every freaking intersection lol. I'm staying away from the Strip unless I absolutely can't.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:36 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,141,740 times
Quote:
Typical here? LOL. So the cops tell him to get over and he just sits there?
They hit the lights or do a short blurb of the siren, and you are supposed to get over to the right, but I've seen many people just sort of stop where they are. Getting over to the right can also be an issue, because people don't like to let you over. If metro lit me up and I couldn't safely get over to the right, I'd stop where I was. What are you going to do, give them the impression that you are leading them on a chase? That's a good way to end up dead.

The driver was probably drunk.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:10 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,810,040 times
Quote:
What most people do not realize is when you are turning right on a red signal and someone is doing a U-Turn the person doing the U-Turn has the right away. Most people turning right on red think they have the right of way and do not even stop and just pull out which causes the person doing a u-Turn to stop which the makes everyone else in that lane almost rear end each other. Many folks turning right on red also do not use their turn signal so it becomes a guessing game. Now mix in the motorcycles and scooters and you have a typical day in traffic in LV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: