Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 08:22 PM

402 posts, read 746,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Pizza is not a food. It's a food group. Greasy NY style with the thin flexible crust? Yum.(Metro) Chicago / Detroit deep dish?(Northside Nathan's) Yum.
Lino's hand tossed, Yum. Wood fired, true Italian style( Grimaldi's), Yum. Margherita pizza? Yum. Cracker thin crispy crust pizza? Yum.

If you only like one type of pizza, you are seriously missing out.

I've heard great things about Settebello, and there is a new place that one of the regulars here linked to. It's called Pizza Rock. Downtown, and based on the pictures, yum! We are going tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it was.
I'm on board with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
I disagree. Let the Italians decide what is and isn't pizza. It's theirs, after all. The average Italian has a brick oven in the back yard, just like we have barbecues -- for making brick oven pizza. The other variations are pizza-like foods -- but they bear as much resemblance to pizza as American Chinese take-out food does to Chinese food. These dishes taste great, but they're imposters.

I find it odd listening to a New Yorker and a Chicagoan arguing over whose pizza is more "authentic."
I get it but I also disagree. The article wasn't about the most or best "authentic" pizza. Most Americans don't care how authentic their cuisine is. They care about how it tastes. Personally, the best pizzas I ever had were in Italy. I ate pizza every day of every flavor and thoroughly enjoyed it; however, I can still appreciate the different takes on pizza we have over here. I am sorry if the Italians or Americans with "sophisticated" palates are offended that we call it pizza. It's really of no concern.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:15 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,639,977 times
Metro is Definitely NY style, thin crust (but not margarita thin) gooey saucy cheese. PERFECT!

Jonathan

Old 11-13-2013, 12:37 AM

2,880 posts, read 2,808,496 times
Secret Pizza at Cosmo is usually great... I've eaten there about 5 times and only once was I somewhat disappointed (it was super busy). All other times when it wasn't busy, it was amazing!

I've only been to Settebello once and I thought it was too greasy and nothing special. Then I read reviews on Yelp, and apparently I got the inexperienced "Sunday staff"... so will have to try that place again

Roccos NY Pizza is very good

Grimaldis is usually consistent and great (except the fashion show mall location, I've only had below average pizza there), but I'm told by New Yorkers, this stuff is just average pizza in NY

I'm looking forward to trying Metro pizza and Don Demarco and a bunch of others posted here

Coming off a gluten free diet really makes you appreciate how delicious things like pizza can be!

Old 11-13-2013, 01:17 AM

557 posts, read 793,699 times
I thought I would let the pictures speak for themselves on NY style pizza. A big difference is all the choices you get in NY ( notice the pic of the pizza counter and how many different pies to choose from )
Attached Thumbnails
SetteBello in Henderson rated Best Pizza in Nevada by Zagat-photo-3.jpg  

Old 11-13-2013, 08:23 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,812,265 times
Pizza Rock was incredible. Outstanding pizza and service. There's a good vibe too along with an eclectic and hip liquor/beer selection.

Thanks to the CD friends I met up with there. You made a great meal even better.

Bill

Old 11-13-2013, 10:25 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,996,765 times
Default SetteBello in Henderson rated Best Pizza in Nevada by Zagat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowherjaw View Post
I'm on board with you.

I get it but I also disagree. The article wasn't about the most or best "authentic" pizza. Most Americans don't care how authentic their cuisine is. They care about how it tastes. Personally, the best pizzas I ever had were in Italy. I ate pizza every day of every flavor and thoroughly enjoyed it; however, I can still appreciate the different takes on pizza we have over here. I am sorry if the Italians or Americans with "sophisticated" palates are offended that we call it pizza. It's really of no concern.

I concur that Pizza Rock is likely the best pizza available in Las Vegas.

Last edited by observer53; 11-14-2013 at 10:14 PM..

Old 11-13-2013, 10:40 AM

526 posts, read 832,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTES View Post
Pizza Rock was incredible. Outstanding pizza and service. There's a good vibe too along with an eclectic and hip liquor/beer selection.

Thanks to the CD friends I met up with there. You made a great meal even better.

Bill
As soon as word gets around about how fantastic Pizza Rock is you will have to have reservations to get in. Great PIZZA, Great SERVICE, Great FRIENDS.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:41 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadtam View Post
As soon as word gets around about how fantastic Pizza Rock is you will have to have reservations to get in. Great PIZZA, Great SERVICE, Great FRIENDS.
I wish I could have made it. Next time!

Old 11-14-2013, 06:20 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,909,687 times
Default Pizza

You can also make "poor mans pizza" at home by using a flour tortilla with the usual topping baked on a cookie sheet for about 12 minutes at 400 F. Tastes better than it sounds

Old 11-15-2013, 05:40 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,491,548 times
Pizza Lounge at Tivoli Village, better than Grimaldis and I thought better than Pizza Rock but then again I've only been to Pizza Rock once since they've opened a few weeks ago. I will have to try more pies at Pizza Rock next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas