Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 07:32 PM

86 posts, read 306,779 times

Advertisements

Hi I will be moving to Las Vegas in the next 3-5 yrs. I have been looking at Panorama Towers,are the towers in safe area?

Is North Las Vegas really that bad?lol..Mother wants to know.(She watches to much Cops)

Are the other towers such as Turnberry,Sky Las Vegas,and Allure in better areas?

How is the job market in the accounting/Finance area and or Business Management?

If you have any advice for me I would appreciate it very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 07:45 PM

59 posts, read 326,892 times
Well what I would tell you is that I think your going wayyy ahead. Since you said you will be moving in the next 3-5 years, and that's a long time and many things will change especially in a city such as Las Vegas that changes every day. Just relax right now, and when you certainly know your move date, start planning/researching a few months before. It's just a friendly advice from me. I'm moving in the Summer of 2009, and I got overly obsessed with this move Sometimes can't even sleep counting down the days and perfecting my plan.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:52 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
first off, the north part of las vegas is the rough part, NOT North Las Vegas, this is a whole separate entity. North Las Vegas is awesome and affordable.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:02 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,473,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZtoLV View Post
Hi I will be moving to Las Vegas in the next 3-5 yrs. I have been looking at Panorama Towers,are the towers in safe area?

Is North Las Vegas really that bad?lol..Mother wants to know.(She watches to much Cops)

Are the other towers such as Turnberry,Sky Las Vegas,and Allure in better areas?

How is the job market in the accounting/Finance area and or Business Management?

If you have any advice for me I would appreciate it very much.
As the other poster stated, 3-5 years is a long time to be planning this move. You never been to LV?

Then if not, plan a trip here and visit those properties you mentioned. Make sure you even "like" Las Vegas before planning a life changing move. You've got plenty of time to plan a FEW trips here to LV...to better acquaint yourself with the valley and how it would be to live here.

A lot can happen in 3-5 years, so I wouldn't be wasting time looking at the ultra expensive high rises you mentioned or anything else for that matter right now.

Come back and see us when you are ready to move, if you don't change your mind before then.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:02 PM

I have been to Las Vegas before but at the time wasn't even considering moving there.

I have gotten a lot of info off the internet,but it doesn't compare to personal feelings about LV.The feeling people have living there.

I know so many people are asking your opinions about LV and you're getting tired of it,but we just want to know how someone who has lived there a while feels about the place, and what its like.

You tell us to take more vacations to LV,but no matter how many vacations we take, we still wont get the feel for what its really like to live there.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:07 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,200,574 times
Quote:
I have been to Las Vegas before but at the time wasn't even considering moving there.

I have gotten a lot of info off the internet,but it doesn't compare to personal feelings about LV.The feeling people have living there.

I know so many people are asking your opinions about LV and you're getting tired of it,but we just want to know how someone who has lived there a while feels about the place, and what its like.

You tell us to take more vacations to LV,but no matter how many vacations we take, we still wont get the feel for what its really like to live there.
You don't seem to understand that your questions are nonsensical...Locals at normal jobs don't live in Turnberry. The HOA fee in Turnberry is well past the median rent. In fact almost nobody lives in Turnberry...it is something like 80% dark.

When you get within 6 months and still think Vegas may suit you...come back again.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
You don't seem to understand that your questions are nonsensical...Locals at normal jobs don't live in Turnberry. The HOA fee in Turnberry is well past the median rent. In fact almost nobody lives in Turnberry...it is something like 80% dark.

When you get within 6 months and still think Vegas may suit you...come back again.

I wasn't talking about Turnberry in particular if you read above I was very interested in Panorama Towers as they were the first ones I mentioned.

Maybe I can afford the towers unlike the normal people of Vegas.Have you ever thought about that?Probably not.

I was asking a simple question is the area around the towers safe?Simple Yes.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:27 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,200,574 times
Quote:
I wasn't talking about Turnberry in particular if you read above I was very interested in Panorama Towers as they were the first ones I mentioned.

Maybe I can afford the towers unlike the normal people of Vegas.Have you ever thought about that?Probably not.

I was asking a simple question is the area around the towers safe?Simple Yes.
No you were not. No particular difference between Turnberry and Panorama except Turnberry is mildly classier.

If you could afford either you would not be asking such questions in this locale.

Come back when you grow up....

Old 03-18-2008, 10:33 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,473,542 times
I don't know what you want us to say to help you get the "feel" of living in LV, only YOU can do that for yourself by coming here and acting like a resident not on vacation.

The best advice is to scour the city-data forum right here. There's a ton of info on here...maybe it might even take you a good part of that 3-5 years to get through it all.

Last edited by MomMom; 03-18-2008 at 10:43 PM..

Old 03-18-2008, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
No you were not. No particular difference between Turnberry and Panorama except Turnberry is mildly classier.

If you could afford either you would not be asking such questions in this locale.

Come back when you grow up....
Maybe you should stop being so rude.

If you take such offense to someone asking a simple question then maybe your the one who needs to grow up.

How the hell am I supposed to know if the towers are in a good place if I don't live there.They weren't even built when I was there.

It's not that hard to answer a simple question.Or maybe for some it is.

And MomMom thank you for you're response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas