Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 06:17 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,240,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Not certain but I think I have him beat......
I have been alive in 8 decades...but not by a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2008, 06:20 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,336,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Not certain but I think I have him beat......
No doubt, my wardrobe was purchased before most of the posters on this site were concieved.

Old 03-22-2008, 06:24 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,240,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
No doubt, my wardrobe was purchased before most of the posters on this site were concieved.

I have children older than your wardrobe...I remember been read to in an interior closet during the black outs...

Old 03-22-2008, 06:26 PM

Back to topic, Harmon Ave will eventually be an east-west mainstay of commerce.

Old 03-22-2008, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
I have children older than your wardrobe...I remember been read to in an interior closet during the black outs...
If '65, or '77 is your point------my best suit is circa '69. A Hart Schaffner and Marx work of beauty. However Harmon Ave will prove to be a major force.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:30 AM

86 posts, read 306,976 times
Umm What about the Boca Raton condos?
Are they in a safe area.

My main concern is safety.I know LV is a huge city and theres crime,just trying to find the safer parts of town.

Thank You.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:13 AM

253 posts, read 1,333,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZtoLV View Post
Are they in a safe area.

My main concern is safety.I know LV is a huge city and theres crime,just trying to find the safer parts of town.

Thank You.
Well, if safety is your main criteria, start looking in Summerlin. I'd look to rent a condo or a house from a private owner, rather than an apartment.

Regardless, don't base your selection on price alone, like so many new posters here seem to:

"Hi, I just found an apartment in Crack Alley that's really affordable and close to the Strip and I'm moving in two weeks to try to find a job making $100K a year parking cars...oh, by the way, is it a safe area? Thanks!"

Old 03-23-2008, 07:53 PM

86 posts, read 306,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandalR View Post
Well, if safety is your main criteria, start looking in Summerlin. I'd look to rent a condo or a house from a private owner, rather than an apartment.

Regardless, don't base your selection on price alone, like so many new posters here seem to:

"Hi, I just found an apartment in Crack Alley that's really affordable and close to the Strip and I'm moving in two weeks to try to find a job making $100K a year parking cars...oh, by the way, is it a safe area? Thanks!"
Ok thanks.

Price is not all I look at,it will not be put in front of my safety.I will pay more if I have to.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:06 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,853,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZtoLV View Post
Are they in a safe area.

Thank You.
If you are looking at one of the high rise properties then safety is a non-issue. I'm sure that you will be parking in a private garage, and will likely not be walking around the surrounding area late at night. That being said, I have an acquaintance that recently bought in Panorama, and although going from a decent size single family to a 500 sq ft condo takes some getting used to, he is very happy.

Another development worth looking into would be Sullivan Square. Located on the west side about 10 minutes away from the strip, this mixed use property is almost like a city within a city. The access to the private garage will be right off of the freeway, and any and all amenities will be located within the development. There will be a mix of high-rise, brownstone, and live-work units. I've looked into them myself, and if I felt that my child could adapt I would be all over it. In 3-5 years the development should be complete. Safety will definitely be a non-issue there.

Google it and take a look, or visit the sales center next time you are out here.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:15 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,025,905 times
just out of curiousity, how much is a 500sf condo in panorama. the fees must be high too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas