Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 10:46 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Granola View Post
Thanks, Cap...

This is the story I was looking for...

http://www.connpost.com/news/ci_3646541 (broken link)

House arrest for attack cat

A ferocious feline terrorized a quiet Fairfield neighborhood, to the point that residents are seeking help from the law to stop the so-called "Terrorist of Sunset Circle."
Lewis, a 5-year-old, black-and-white longhaired cat, attacked at least a half-dozen people on the cul-de-sac and even took on the local Avon lady, neighbors say.

"The neighborhood is afraid of this cat," Bachtig said. "Lewis will stare you down, and you never know how he will react."

Kind of reminds me of the bunny in Holy Grail.
Yeah we got one across the street. Shares time between here and a house in rural Utah. Name of Dillinger. About a 12 or 13 pounder. Takes on my dog and any other. Does not retreat. Comes straight at them. Dillinger does walk around our feral. But the feral really is a wild animal. No domestic can deal with them. I have actually tried to get my Maine Coon to take a piece off Dillinger but cats never cooperate. Samson would think Dillinger fun until Dillinger went into hissy mode and then we would see. Samson is a big and young cat. (Might also get his backside whipped. You never know about Cats)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 10:58 PM

210 posts, read 821,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Yeah we got one across the street. Shares time between here and a house in rural Utah. Name of Dillinger. About a 12 or 13 pounder. Takes on my dog and any other. Does not retreat. Comes straight at them. Dillinger does walk around our feral. But the feral really is a wild animal. No domestic can deal with them. I have actually tried to get my Maine Coon to take a piece off Dillinger but cats never cooperate. Samson would think Dillinger fun until Dillinger went into hissy mode and then we would see. Samson is a big and young cat. (Might also get his backside whipped. You never know about Cats)
We actually had one like this too, but we kept ours indoors. She was fine with family, but would attack anyone else who tried to pet her. Funny thing is, she would BAIT people. She would do that cat thing around their feet, purring... we would say, "DO NOT PET HER!" The visitor would say, "But she's such a NICE cat, she's purring..." Sometimes, she would even let someone scratch her ears... but it was only to lull them into a false sense of security. The hand inevitably pulled back bloody.

We tried on a couple of occasions to adopt another cat. Never worked; she would try to kill the new one, no matter how much time we took with the introductions.

Old 01-01-2008, 11:04 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Granola View Post
We actually had one like this too, but we kept ours indoors. She was fine with family, but would attack anyone else who tried to pet her. Funny thing is, she would BAIT people. She would do that cat thing around their feet, purring... we would say, "DO NOT PET HER!" The visitor would say, "But she's such a NICE cat, she's purring..." Sometimes, she would even let someone scratch her ears... but it was only to lull them into a false sense of security. The hand inevitably pulled back bloody.

We tried on a couple of occasions to adopt another cat. Never worked; she would try to kill the new one, no matter how much time we took with the introductions.
We have the cat lady here. She stalks all cats to make sure all relationships are properly maintained. And any Cat that refuses the cat ladies rulings ends up referred to the Olecapt...who locks them up in the laundry room until they reconsider their behaviour. He also is known to use a rolled newspaper and a squirt gun. A good sguirt gun works magic with cats.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:27 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
People should just do the right thing for cats: make them indoor only. If you can't bring them indoors only, then you pay the price with the laws of the city.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:44 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,390,917 times
Yes, but cats are not meant to be leashed.

And OK, cats can scratch and bite but that's about it. By far, the leave people alone if not provoked.
Haven't heard a domestic cat killing anybody

Old 01-02-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
You know, the Crocodile Hunter was really killed by a cat... a single claw to the heart. The australian government covered it up, so as not to panic the public.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/04/australia.irwin/coverup.html (broken link)

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/steve-irwin-killed-by-cat/2006/09/04/1157222051513.html?page=fullpage (broken link)

Old 01-02-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
And you know, the REAL reason the Clinton's got rid of Socks wasn't because the cat was a political expedient during their white house years, as the right wing media would have you believe, but because they were AFRAID of the cat! You know, after the whole Vince Foster thing...

Old 01-02-2008, 10:09 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Quote:
I find it idiotic that the cities in the valley require cats to be on a leash when outside.
Cats can't be leashed. They are meant to roam around. I can see if your male cat is not fixed and creates problems, but to require a leash on these highly independent animals is just unnatural.
What was the last time you heard of a cat attacking a human?
You mean other then 4:00am this morning? [dammmmm Siamese]

Puttin a leash on a cat is about as smart as trying to herd them.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:10 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
There's a cat leash law in Las Vegas? never heard of one. But if you want your cat to survive you won't let it run loose.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:08 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
a million years ago.
A cat wandered into our house [BIGGGG ol yellar thing] cause the screen door was left ajar.

Heard a growl in the night....sounded like a bobcat

Went to look......

Ol Yellar gave me a look like "bug off I own this house now"

Started chasin the cat out of the house.

Cat started chasing ME out of the house.

Got the cat pinned under a plastic trash can.

Cat reached out and nailed my foot

Locked the cat in the laundry toom and called animal control.

Animal control came with the leash on a stick and was laughin at me....

Cat climbed the back door screen almost to the top.

Animal control got the cat in the leash on a stick thingie.

Started pulling him down.

Brought the entire door screen with him.

Put him in the wire cage.....

Big ol yellar didnt like the wire cage so he BROKE the top of it, reachin out to grab animal control on the foot [animal control guy was no longer laughin] Swearin the cat only had 3 days left of his 9th life.

Hauled ol yellar away in the truck growlin hissin scratchin trying to eat the truck.

5 days later. Little ol lady bout 85lbs comes to the door....."Have you seen 'Boo Boo Kitty'

Had to tell her that Boo Boo [the father of almost all of the neighborhood cats] was in cat prison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas