Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 02:33 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,154,646 times

Advertisements

I called the Plaza because I had heard there was a great ode skool Barber shop in there but they tell me it has closed/moved.

Anyone have a favorite place to get a good shave for a decent price?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 03:20 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,793,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robojester View Post
I called the Plaza because I had heard there was a great ode skool Barber shop in there but they tell me it has closed/moved.

Anyone have a favorite place to get a good shave for a decent price?

Thanks!
Try High Rollers on Charleston. That was my go-to barber shop until I found one closer to home. Be prepared for a 2-3 hour wait for a chair.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:13 PM

561 posts, read 682,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
Try High Rollers on Charleston. That was my go-to barber shop until I found one closer to home. Be prepared for a 2-3 hour wait for a chair.
Figaro's, off of Durango and Cheyenne. Joe is the owner of the place, and the man you want if you're looking forward to hot lather and a straight blade shave.

Figaro’s Barbershop - Las Vegas, Nevada - FigarosBarberShop.com

Old 02-04-2015, 08:41 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,061,038 times
As a female, I am curious as to why a man would go to somewhere for a shave? I have never thought of paying someone to shave my legs.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:13 PM

553 posts, read 1,209,877 times
For a great shave at a reasonable price, I like Elliot Chester Here is a link to his shop in Henderson. OP, you might get more useful feedback if you tell us what part of town you are willing or unwilling to go to for your shave.

Katie -- a good barber can give a shave much closer than most guys can give themselves. (A poor barber will give you more nicks and cuts than you ever give yourself). A good shave from a good barber is a nice, luxurious, indulgence every once in a while, and it lasts a day or two depending on how fast your beard grows.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:31 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,154,646 times
Well Katie it is a luxury, kind of like getting waxed for a woman I guess only a lot further north.
I also like to get a manicure from time to time but I could cut my own nails.

Old 02-05-2015, 06:03 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,159,541 times
If I were to visit a barber and wanted a shave, I would bring my own razor. With the plethora of blood borne disease possibilities, to do otherwise would not be prudent, imho.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:48 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,793,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco6163 View Post
For a great shave at a reasonable price, I like Elliot Chester Here is a link to his shop in Henderson. OP, you might get more useful feedback if you tell us what part of town you are willing or unwilling to go to for your shave.

Katie -- a good barber can give a shave much closer than most guys can give themselves. (A poor barber will give you more nicks and cuts than you ever give yourself). A good shave from a good barber is a nice, luxurious, indulgence every once in a while, and it lasts a day or two depending on how fast your beard grows.
Wow, that place is expensive, compared to the places I normally go. $55 for a shave? yikes.

Although I haven't had a shave yet at my new place, I go to Village Barber Shop on Horizon Ridge and Eastern. They do a great job with my pomp for $16, and there is normally only an hour wait for a chair. So far I've been 3 times, and picked a different barber each time. I recommend Butch.. older guy who's been cutting hair in town for almost 40 years.

Old 02-05-2015, 10:40 PM

74 posts, read 86,307 times
Let me just say how proud I am of all of you for not recommending the Art of Shaving! All those other options sound far superior.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:15 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,350,375 times
Dollar Shave Club for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: