Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 08:50 PM

635 posts, read 746,361 times

Advertisements

C_A_Braum...you said if a motor cop witnessed the guy walk in with a shot gun...not a motor cop on a high speed chase...please.

Second if you enter a house and it appears to have been burglarized and call 911...you are going to get the same response. The cops are going to show up in force and search your house for any suspects. Did they hear you open the garage door and come home and now they are hiding in your attic. You are going to get a full response and they are going to search your house.

LAPD does have divisions but your idea was a cop noticing a driver on their cell phone might not respond but call a motor cop to respond...not happening. Either the cop responds because he isn't currently going to something higher priority or he doesn't possibly because he doesn't want to. Yes primary duties but no to a cop witnessing something illegal and not responding because it's not their division that is ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 08:51 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,159,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
Any "hot" ones there and what time was it? I might have to see about making a citizen's arrest.
A very wide range of women out there. Some of those chicks look like they were way too young to be out there while there were a few that seemed a little too old. Then you had the obvious meth heads, the crazies(chicks flashing their goods) and the ones that probably have a pimp nearby. Then there were 2-3 hot girls that could probably get gigs at one of the day clubs on the strip. Then there was a guy wearing a very revealing leather outfit.......... He affected traffic the most.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:38 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,421,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LV10101 View Post
C_A_Braum...you said if a motor cop witnessed the guy walk in with a shot gun...not a motor cop on a high speed chase...please.

Second if you enter a house and it appears to have been burglarized and call 911...you are going to get the same response. The cops are going to show up in force and search your house for any suspects. Did they hear you open the garage door and come home and now they are hiding in your attic. You are going to get a full response and they are going to search your house.

LAPD does have divisions but your idea was a cop noticing a driver on their cell phone might not respond but call a motor cop to respond...not happening. Either the cop responds because he isn't currently going to something higher priority or he doesn't possibly because he doesn't want to. Yes primary duties but no to a cop witnessing something illegal and not responding because it's not their division that is ridiculous.
The name is C_A_Braun and I said that chances are that a motor cop would act accordingly if he sees someone enter a bank with a shotgun. You said that it was an absolute certainty that the motor cop would act 100% of the time and called me a liar for suggesting otherwise. I simply provided an example (albeit extreme) whereby a motor cop would most likely not respond.

As long as you are taking me so literally would you please point out where in this thread I said that a non-traffic cop would not act in response to someone driving while holding a phone but would instead call a traffic cop. I said no such thing nor did I even insinuate such an absurd thing.

Finally I will again contend that if you get home and find stuff is missing the chances are much higher that you will be waiting several hours for a cop to show up vs having a dozen cops surrounding your house within seconds. In fact in many places you will be told to make a list of things that are missing and to come to the station to file a report so that they dont have to waste a cops time going to your house.

Done arguing it with you at least for tonight.

Old 03-27-2015, 05:42 AM

635 posts, read 746,361 times
C_A_Braun...Yep that motor cop on a high speed chase happened to look over and noticed someone walking into a bank with a shotgun...while the motor cop was flying down the road...really give me a break.

I did misread your comment about the non-traffic cop, but still the outcome is the same.

Also you said he came home to find your house burglarized, not just some stuff missing, there is a difference.

Please Metro is hiring come apply...learn a little in the process.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:07 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,996,765 times
Quote:

Not for anything, but just because I don't personally want to work as a law enforcement officer doesn't mean that I have no say in what I consider acceptable behavior by law enforcement officers.

If some officers are caught on camera beating the crap out of a man having diabetic seizures, I don't have to be a cop to say I think that's wrong. Every week, I see blatant examples of flagrant traffic violations that are in clear view of a police officer* -- and the officer does nothing. This sets a very bad example since bottom-dwellers will think they can drive like fools with impunity.

*Blowing through a red light while speeding and simultaneously talking on a cell phone in a vehicle with no plates. I have personally seen this while next to a squad car. If that doesn't warrant pulling the driver over, what does?

Old 03-27-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
C_A_Braun...Yep that motor cop on a high speed chase happened to look over and noticed someone walking into a bank with a shotgun...while the motor cop was flying down the road...really give me a break.

I did misread your comment about the non-traffic cop, but still the outcome is the same.

Also you said he came home to find your house burglarized, not just some stuff missing, there is a difference.

Sure, cops are very observant people and aware of their surroundings, even in the process of a pursuit.

Really, what is the difference between coming home to find your house burglarized and coming home and finding stuff missing? If someone comes into your house with the intention of committing a crime (Stealing your stuff) than your house has been burglarized, plain and simple.

Case in point, a factual story of my own home being burglarized in California City, CA. It was 1995 and my wife got home from whatever she was doing around 1PM. She enters the house through the garage does some stuff in the bedroom etc and eventually walks by the kitchen and sees the door to the patio is open. She calls me and first and then she called Cal City's finest and she gets out of the house. About 45 minutes later the po-po arrive and they go through the house and nothing is missing. Guns, jewelry, electronics, cash etc all present and accounted for. The police took a quick B&E report but that was about it. Several hours passed and my wife went to make dinner. She goes to the fridge and opens it and BAM! It is empty! Yep, some a-hole (Our next door neighbor) lifted his child up through the kitchen sink window and then that child went to the larger patio door and opened that for the adult. They then closed the window above the sink and hustled the food out through the patio door. No sign whatsoever of forced entry.

Not all burglaries result in houses being completely wiped out or ransacked or turn into confrontations between the homeowner and the knucklehead that broke in. You are the one making up those details to try to justify your position that every cop in town will respond in force to a burglary call. Let me assure you again that you are quite wrong.

And no I will not be applying for a job with Metro. I spent 6 years of my life in Law Enforcement already and have no desire to go back as I am much happier working in I.T.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:06 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,118,948 times
I was driving to work Tuesday morning. I was beside a riced out POS car, about 1/2 mile from the light when it turned yellow. The other driver gunned it, and drove right through the red light. Luckily, the drivers at the light saw him and stayed at the light for a few extra seconds. I got the tag number and reported it.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:15 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,159,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
I was driving to work Tuesday morning. I was beside a riced out POS car, about 1/2 mile from the light when it turned yellow. The other driver gunned it, and drove right through the red light. Luckily, the drivers at the light saw him and stayed at the light for a few extra seconds. I got the tag number and reported it.
I see stuff like this often. I can't wait to get my HD dash cam. I'm making a YouTube channel for the drivers of our city.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Reporting it is no good. No cop in their right mind would issue a ticket for a traffic violation that they did not personally witness, unless the ticket is issued as a result of a traffic accident investigation and even then it is more the exception than the rule that a ticket will be issued.

About the only good reporting such a thing MIGHT do is if the police get multiple reports of the same infractions happening repeatedly at a particular intersection, they might then set up some sort of "selective enforcement" in the area for an hour or 2.

Keep in mind that one of the copies of the ticket that you never see, is the court's copy. After a cop gives you your copy and sends you on your way, he will fill out the affidavit on the back of the court copy where he will write something to the effect of "At the date and time listed I personally observed the driver listed in control of the car listed commit the violation listed". They can't make that statement and sign it if they didn't actually personally witness the traffic violation and therefore, as I said, no cop in their right mind would track down and cite someone that you as a private citizen reported as having run a red light.

In fact, another true story from my personal experience. One summer afternoon in perhaps 86 or so, I was driving N/B on Hwy 14 in the area of Acton, CA. I was side by side with an LAPD motor cop, who was on his way home from his shift and well outside of the city of angels. I think at the time the speed limit was still 55. So we would do 55 then he would speed up to 65 or 70 and so would I. Then back and forth between those speeds for a few miles. Then he moved in behind me and pulled me over for speeding. A minute or 2 later a CHP car pulls up and the motor cop asks the CHP officer to write me up for speeding. The CHP officer literally laughed out loud and got back in his car and drove off. The LAPD officer then explained to me that he didn't have any citations on him at the time and would let me go with a warning. I too laughed out loud.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:42 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,680,050 times
which dash cam are you getting? the sun will beat up on it, that's why i am asking

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
I see stuff like this often. I can't wait to get my HD dash cam. I'm making a YouTube channel for the drivers of our city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas