Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 01:00 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,498,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packrat1 View Post
Thanks for the tip I am planning on attending. Have you ever seen Zowie Bowie? Is that band any good?
In my opinion, meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTES View Post
In my opinion, Zowie Bowie is one of the best bands in LV. Catch them on FSE on Thursdays or at Red Rock on Fridays. Though they play a lot of 80's, they aren't an 80's band. For that, I'd suggest following 80's Station - another FSE regular.

Bill
I agree. They are good/fun to listen too for 80s pop. For those who like 80's harder rock/metal, Spandex Nation is good too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2015, 02:15 PM

204 posts, read 320,422 times
More props for Zach and Cian. Two talented people right there.

Old 10-03-2015, 02:50 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,821,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
For those who like 80's harder rock/metal, Spandex Nation is good too.
Yes. Spandex Nation was originally an alter ego to Monroy but Spandex Nation has become a hit with the most bookings at this time. It's the best cover "Hair Band" I've seen in years. The lead, Peter Monroy, is in good shape after losing weight.

Bill

Old 10-03-2015, 04:34 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,812,179 times
For the heaver stuff, as well as deep cuts, check out Cyanide.

To answer the earlier question about Arena, basically, yeah. Fremont didn't extend their contract so they could bring someone else in. Turns out it was pretty much Arena under a different name

I haven't seen the dudes play out since they left FSE. Their drummer, Joey, has another classic rock band where he's the lead singer. They just played Reno last weekend for the big bikefest up there.

Old 10-03-2015, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro1320 View Post
More props for Zach and Cian. Two talented people right there.
And it's great to see Cian play with her fiance Doc together in Brazen. You'll know Doc from Sin City Sinners (and now the currently-being-sued band RATT). The drummer for Brazen is my best friend, so I may be a bit biased, although I've never seen anyone not be blown away by the show. Brenda Fitz on keys is great, too. She's Brent Fitz' sister. He's Slash's drummer. Top notch musicians, all of them.

Old 10-03-2015, 06:41 PM

273 posts, read 241,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkieMcCain View Post
how great can they be @$5?
You must not go to many concerts. It depends on the venue and event. I once saw OAR at a radio Christmas event for only 5 dollars admission. Money does not equate value.

Old 10-03-2015, 07:43 PM

210 posts, read 251,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindlessness View Post
You must not go to many concerts. It depends on the venue and event. I once saw OAR at a radio Christmas event for only 5 dollars admission. Money does not equate value.
this is true....hahaha. Ive seen some of thailands biggest recording stars from the platform of the countrys rail system .

Old 10-04-2015, 12:10 AM

204 posts, read 320,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
And it's great to see Cian play with her fiance Doc together in Brazen. You'll know Doc from Sin City Sinners (and now the currently-being-sued band RATT). The drummer for Brazen is my best friend, so I may be a bit biased, although I've never seen anyone not be blown away by the show. Brenda Fitz on keys is great, too. She's Brent Fitz' sister. He's Slash's drummer. Top notch musicians, all of them.
Yep, Brazen rocks too! Might as well include Merry the bass player too.

Old 10-04-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro1320 View Post
Yep, Brazen rocks too! Might as well include Merry the bass player too.
Of course! Love Merry! Was at Trixter with her Friday night.

Old 10-05-2015, 04:49 PM

2,568 posts, read 2,756,957 times
I think Ashley Red that plays on Fremont St for free is good.
How much you pay for a concert has nothing to do with how good the band is.
Some of the older 70s/80s bands don't sound so good anymore. CSN comes to mind they can't even sing anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: