Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 11:00 AM

589 posts, read 390,944 times

Advertisements

Let us know how you unit performs.3-4%? 4%if you real lucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 11:08 PM

743 posts, read 968,791 times
airbnb or put it in the rental group?

Old 11-10-2016, 09:39 PM

8 posts, read 15,972 times
In terms of income, and based of just one month's complete data, then (excluding upgrade costs to get it into the rental program), 4% seems at the low end, especially if September is considered a relatively slow month. I plan to have in the program for ten months, and use it for two. So cost savings of my regular Vegas trips mean I effectively get around 7% from it. I think if it would stay in the rental program for twelve months, then it might get to 6%. I did get it at what seems a relatively low price though, less than $150k.

Uncertainties remain about Station's ownership, and what a Trump economy looks like!!

Old 11-11-2016, 10:54 AM

Lets pray the RESORTS World never get built........................lol. Lets pray the convention center gets built FAST.

I wonder if Trump will encourage people to party in VEGAS!

Station ownership i think, is a good thing. They will get away from the Gangsta theme....................lol.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJTVegas View Post
In terms of income, and based of just one month's complete data, then (excluding upgrade costs to get it into the rental program), 4% seems at the low end, especially if September is considered a relatively slow month. I plan to have in the program for ten months, and use it for two. So cost savings of my regular Vegas trips mean I effectively get around 7% from it. I think if it would stay in the rental program for twelve months, then it might get to 6%. I did get it at what seems a relatively low price though, less than $150k.

Uncertainties remain about Station's ownership, and what a Trump economy looks like!!
No offense but i REALLY REALLY doubt your numbers. For ex, you are making a classice mistake NOT including REAL ACTUAL COSTS in determining rates of return. That refurbishing you did was a real cost it needs to be included in your basis.

I enjoy my hotel condo immensely but im not deceiving myself its a good cash flowing property.

Appreciation would be appreciated but im not counting on it.

Old 11-12-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinkChink View Post
No offense but i REALLY REALLY doubt your numbers. For ex, you are making a classice mistake NOT including REAL ACTUAL COSTS in determining rates of return. That refurbishing you did was a real cost it needs to be included in your basis.

I enjoy my hotel condo immensely but im not deceiving myself its a good cash flowing property.

Appreciation would be appreciated but im not counting on it.
I don't expect to be spending all those costs each year!! I don't expect to replace a carpet each year for example!! You are partially correct in that there are depreciation costs each year, so the costs I have spent should be spread over a period of time and averaged out? I am under no illusion that there will be higher than usual depreciation and maintenance costs when compared with privately rented accommodation.

To make me 7% pa on my investment, it needs to deliver $5500 net pa, given I used to spend $5k pa on renting accommodation in Vegas. That is an average of $550 per month over the 10 months I am not there. It beat that by over 20% in September after HOA fees, so accounting for taxes, insurance, depreciation etc it is on track, and September isn't the busiest of months. So early days, but I am struggling to understand where else one can make a similar ROI in this economy without much greater risk?

Last edited by LJTVegas; 11-12-2016 at 01:50 PM..

Old 11-13-2016, 04:17 PM

To get rate of return of 7% on $200k you need to get $14,000 a year. good luck!

Old 11-14-2016, 05:24 AM

Quote:
To get rate of return of 7% on $200k you need to get $14,000 a year. good luck!
I completely agree. But where does $200k come into it? I didn't spend $200k on my property. And part of my return comes from cost savings. As I said above I need $5500 per year from the property to achieve 7%. That seems very achievable.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:25 AM

i thought you bought a 1 bedroom unit. my apologies.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:44 PM

Quote:
i thought you bought a 1 bedroom unit. my apologies.
No worries. October statement just in, 2nd full month in the rental program. 96.77% occupancy (30/31 nights), slightly lower average room rate, 40% increase on my September income. I guess October is a premium month, with halloween, 5 weekends in the month and perfect temperatures??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: