Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 07:39 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,003 times

Advertisements

I do not support this at all. This is a double whammy. We get to pay a higher tax to hire more revenue generators that will ticket us all at a higher frequency. This below is for a different city, but it illustrates the problem in detail.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ection-agency/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 08:03 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
Sorry, CA, I don't blindly support anything, especially false dichotomies. I can respect good officers and condemn crap cops at the same time. For every sad story you can post, I can post 10 horrific ones.

The fact of the matter is police shootings have tripled since the economic crash that saw departments getting their funding cut for training. No other country has police shooting so many people. Not even close.
And no, this isn't BLM crap. Blacks get shot at the same rate as whites.
Police are to protect and serve, but all they tend to do is harass, annoy, extort, and shoot. I have never in my life been helped by a cop. I have, however, lost a lot of money due to police. I have lost a lot of time because of the police.
We need police to go after actual criminals. Their existence does keep some sort of order. If we got rid of cops, there would be chaos for sure. However, the cops we have are poorly trained. Even the LAPD are saying more training is needed.
LA Police Commission: Officers Need More Training Before Using Lethal Force - Breitbart

This moron aimed at an autistic man, MISSED, and hit his caregiver.

Bullet that struck Charles Kinsey was meant for autistic man, police say | Miami Herald

These morons taze a guy to death.

Body camera footage shows Florida man being tasered 15 times before death at hands of police | AL.com

This moron peppersprays a man that is handcuffed inside the back of a police van.

WATCH: Austin Police Officer Pepper Sprays Handcuffed Man Sitting in Police Van (Updated) - PINAC News

These sadists pepperspray a restrained man to death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl2uEYruJF0

These clowns paralyze an mma fighter.

WATCH: Video shows La Junta man’s paralysis during police encounter – The Denver Post

These expletives deleted paralyzed an old man.

Alabama Cop Arrested for Takedown That Left Indian Man Partially Paralyzed - NBC News

Cops kill BABY.

NYPD Officer Kills Baby Following Breastfeeding Argument | National Report

Cops kill kid laying on the ground.

FBI investigating after cellphone video shows police fatally shooting unarmed man in Fresno - LA Times

This cop kills a 6 year old autistic kid.

Black Cop Shoots And Kills 6-Year Old White Boy With Autism

Old 10-15-2016, 08:41 PM

359 posts, read 361,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
You say he hesitated and that's what caused the death. Article I read said he was checking the rear of an apartment building and the burglar ran out and shot him.
Dollars to donuts that cop wasn't following procedure when he got shot. Something more training would have prevented.

However, better 1,000 dead cops than 1 single innocent civilian.
i hope you never need metro to protect you

Old 10-15-2016, 09:00 PM
EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas taco View Post

Me too.

Charlotte Police Kill Unarmed Man Who Was Asking for Help

"Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward
Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both
For a wounded man will shall say to his assailant
"If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven"
Such is the rule of honor" - Randy Blythe

Old 10-16-2016, 01:06 AM

1,107 posts, read 1,421,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas taco View Post
I hope he does because they will, regardless of his feelings towards them. I just hope he makes it clear to them that he (EA) believes that should they come to his rescue and end up trying to arrest someone perhaps without cause other than based on EA's sketchy description of a suspect, that he in turn fully supports that suspects God given right to "shoot that cop to death" in the event that the person arrested just happens to be the wrong but similarly described person.

Man, talk about a douchebag! EA takes that cake.

Old 10-16-2016, 02:08 AM
EA

What would I need rescued from? Nothing.
A hostage situation? They won't be there to save me. They will be there to apprehend the suspects.
A home invasion? Crooks will be gone long before the cops show up and I work 2 jobs so I am never home anyway.
There's just no scenario in which I will need protected or rescued by the police.

My sketchy description? Lol. I'd be able to describe the person in great detail along with the vehicle they have. But really, the two times I did call the police to report my stolen items, they didn't do a damn thing about it. I just wasted my time talking to their stupid asses.

When my wife went to the hospital because some moron drove her car into my car, the police took 2 hours to show up. Completely useless.

I mean, if we need someone to protect us from dark window tint or autism, the police are the best salvation.

I hope you call the police and they show up an accidentally shoot your blindneas to their ineptitude.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:24 AM

2,086 posts, read 6,848,281 times
Says he can respect good cops. Proceeds to make sweeping generalizations about the ineptitude of all cops.

Old 10-16-2016, 06:29 AM
EA

He ignored what I wrote and made up his own version of my viewpoint, so might as well throw some feces back at him.

However, it wasn't a sweeping generalization. Homeboy is blind to the incompetence in the police force. That doesn't mean that all cops are incompetent. There are some cops that are outstanding at their job. There are some cops that are merely adequate at their job. There are cops that are barely competent at their job. There are cops that are outright terrible at their job. CA is blind to the last group.
He probably thinks the soldiers in today's army are fighting for our rights right now, too. I bet he even thinks the people in his political party are good and not corrupted.

Old 10-16-2016, 07:38 AM

3,631 posts, read 7,671,817 times
Deleted...link wouldn't post correctly

Old 10-16-2016, 08:12 AM

555 posts, read 775,387 times
I don't have a problem with the sales tax increase for more cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas