Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 09:58 AM

23,287 posts, read 29,145,078 times

Advertisements

Every Thursday the paper prints a East Valley supplement, with the weekly crimes in the East Valley, boundaries being I-15, Nellis Air Force Base, and Sunset Road:

Last Week, alone, there were 100 Vehicle Thefts, 32 Robberies, 125 Assault/Battery cases, 113 Burglaries, total being 371 crimes.

The week before there were 432 crimes, and as always, a minimum of 100 Vehicle Thefts and 100 Burglaries.

Do you really think additional cops is going to reduce these figures, the same figures that have been quite consistent for the last year, after one more small tax increase for more cops?

So we shall see, but I'm not getting my hopes up! Afterall, it's time-consuming writing traffic tickets!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2016, 12:27 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,136,896 times
Man am I soooo glad we have police. Some maniac was driving to work just now at 40mph in a 35 between 3 other cars doing the exact same speed. The brave officer pulled from his hiding spot and leapt into action bringing the crazed driver to a safe stop where he then extorted money from him.
Praise jesus for these brave officers out there stopping real crime like keeping up with traffic.
Think of all those children saved from that extra 5mph. What saviors.

In case you missed the sarcasm, I got pulled over on my way to work keeping up with the car in front of me, behind me, and beside me. 40 in a 35. F the police.

Old 10-21-2016, 12:42 AM

452 posts, read 337,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Man am I soooo glad we have police. Some maniac was driving to work just now at 40mph in a 35 between 3 other cars doing the exact same speed. The brave officer pulled from his hiding spot and leapt into action bringing the crazed driver to a safe stop where he then extorted money from him.
Praise jesus for these brave officers out there stopping real crime like keeping up with traffic.

In case you missed the sarcasm, I got pulled over on my way to work keeping up with the car in front of me, behind me, and beside me. 40 in a 35. F the police.
should have been going 35

Old 10-21-2016, 12:53 AM

2,086 posts, read 6,856,630 times
Quote:

And your claim that you don't hate all police goes out the window. Here's an idea, don't speed and you won't get tickets.

Old 10-21-2016, 12:54 AM
EA

You're right. I am so glad that cop was there to ignore 3 other cars doing the same 5 over. I mean he could have been patroling an area where house break ins happen. Or an area where fights and muder happens. But no, he was hiding behind a sign waiting for people going 5 over.

Old 10-21-2016, 03:17 AM

23,287 posts, read 29,145,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
And your claim that you don't hate all police goes out the window. Here's an idea, don't speed and you won't get tickets.
Don't you just love these well thought-out, dispassionate posts, by someone who also speeds?

If I followed anyone on this forum, across town in their cars, I would not find one person that could go exactly the speed limit the entire length of the trip, without, occasionally, going 5 miles over the limit!

Unless they're robots!

It all boils down to luck! How many times have you driven with a friend, relative, a speed demon, who has gone most, if not, all of their lives without getting a traffic ticket! My speed demon brother should have rung up a thousand by now, but he's a lucky man!

EA: I still think you're jinxed when it comes to this city, all the bad luck you've encountered here in the last year alone, and I believe there's some kind of force trying to tell you something and you're not listening!

Old 10-21-2016, 03:42 AM
EA

I have been pulled 4 times in the last 3.5 years. 1 of them was legit. I never posted about it or complained about it. I did it. I got caught red handed. I paid my ticket.

The other 3 times were all bike cops hiding behind things doin. nothing but trying to extort money from people. That is my issue. These guys aren't out patroling neighborhoods, they aren't out l. king for murderers, theives, and rapists they're out filling quotas. want to know why crime is so high? Cops filling quotas instead of doing their job to serve and protect

Old 10-21-2016, 04:14 AM

2,086 posts, read 6,856,630 times
Quote:
You're right. I am so glad that cop was there to ignore 3 other cars doing the same 5 over. I mean he could have been patroling an area where house break ins happen. Or an area where fights and muder happens. But no, he was hiding behind a sign waiting for people going 5 over.

You have zero understanding how policing and crime prevention works. I'm not sure you understand how patrol assignments work either. I can assure you that the officer that gave you the ticket did not decide at the beginning of his shift that he was going to work traffic instead of responding to calls. As far as pulling the other 3 cars over, I don't see how he could have pulled all 4 of you over at the same time. But yeah, F the police cuz you got a ticket. Seems most people that have an issue with police as an entity have said issue because they can't seem to steer clear of encounters with them.

Old 10-21-2016, 05:03 AM
EA

I know how patrol works. Poorly. That's why crime is rising.

Old 10-21-2016, 05:32 AM

1,254 posts, read 1,063,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
You have zero understanding how policing and crime prevention works. I'm not sure you understand how patrol assignments work either. I can assure you that the officer that gave you the ticket did not decide at the beginning of his shift that he was going to work traffic instead of responding to calls. As far as pulling the other 3 cars over, I don't see how he could have pulled all 4 of you over at the same time. But yeah, F the police cuz you got a ticket. Seems most people that have an issue with police as an entity have said issue because they can't seem to steer clear of encounters with them.
Explain this Daddy. Looks like pure revenue generation just like I said earlier in the thread. Around the 6 minute mark, we found out that this is everywhere, not just Alabama. You cannot be a good cop anymore because you will be fired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGeZiWOeGIc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas