Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 10:39 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,475,380 times

Advertisements

Arrogance...that's the impression I'm getting from him after seeing this Dr. on the tv news a couple times already...

He was playing God...knowing what he ordered his staff to do, and knowing the potential for innocent people to be infected with a disease...

I'm sure he knew the consequences yet chose to take the more profitable route...

And no doubt he lives in the higher end of Summerlin, drives a Mercedes or Lexus and attends the Hindu temple up there on Sageberry...all without a guilty conscience

How do these people live with themselves? How do they sleep at night when they know they are responsible for something like this?

Last edited by MomMom; 03-03-2008 at 10:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 10:53 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,333,139 times
Yes, Desai lives at 309x Red Arrow Dr, in Red Rock CC, paid $3.4mil in 2004, and in my opinion is an example of the "almighty dollar" mentality. Without a doubt, he AND his partners knew of the problem, and decided it somehow unimportant.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:07 AM

I kinda figured that was his location.

It's official...ALL the centers have been closed down now. It was on the news this morning.

This doctor and his co-horts need to be monitored. They'll take up shop in Henderson or North Las Vegas, anywhere else where they can get a business license.

Also Greg, did you know that the 10 UMC Quick Care locations here in town are giving blood tests for the 3 diseases in question for free? Just bring in your letter.

Heard that on the news this morning too.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:49 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
I've done business with two of the four owners, and in both cases, I will describe their demeanor, as arrogant, unprofessional, and unsatisfactory. In my lifetime, the business, and monetary dealings I have had with people of Indian desent, has proven them to be, without a doubt, the most dollar conscious, cheapest, and most money-driven people I have EVER encountered.
Possibly because in India [or Indja] as the Brits say] Those who can get an education are the elite class.....then when they come here....they think we give a s$^ about their elitism.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Possibly because in India [or Indja] as the Brits say] Those who can get an education are the elite class.....then when they come here....they think we give a s$^ about their elitism.
Well, that may be the case as well. But I'm thinking a lot of the young Indian folks who are in our medical profession tend to get educated here in the United States.

And some of them come from really good med schools, too.

Which makes it even more scary!

Considering what Greg found out about Dr. D, I'm thinking this a case of poor greed. It costs an awful lot to run a clinic, pay the employees, pay the now adjusted ARM on that Red Rock CC house, the Mercedes, Meadows/Merryhill/Faith Lutheran private schools, etc.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Well, that may be the case as well. But I'm thinking a lot of the young Indian folks who are in our medical profession tend to get educated here in the United States.

And some of them come from really good med schools, too.

Which makes it even more scary!

Considering what Greg found out about Dr. D, I'm thinking this a case of pure greed. It costs an awful lot to run a clinic, pay the employees, pay the now adjusted ARM on that Red Rock CC house, the Mercedes, Meadows/Merryhill/Faith Lutheran private schools, etc.

Not one stinking apology to anyone has been given yet by this so called Dr.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:45 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,415,677 times
they really should drop the federal hammer on these guys. if any of the 'money-saving' techniques were used w/ patients receiving any federal assistance (medicare, etc.) i would bet a case could be made for defrauding the gov't.

tack that on to the willful endangerment of patients (and given the diseases in question an argument could be made endangerment to the public) and whatever wrongful death suit will probably arise from this and we should not just be talking monetary and licensing suits, but jail time as well.

*apologies if this ahs already been said, but it is a long thread and i didn't read all of it

hope those on this forum who were put at risk (and their loved ones) get clean bills of health at their rechecks.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:16 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,333,139 times
The investigation is starting: ReviewJournal.com - News - PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS: Criminal inquiry starts

Old 03-05-2008, 10:16 AM

Two more centers closed...total of 6 so far

Las Vegas Now | Sixth Medical Center Closed, DA Looks At Criminal Charges

Old 03-05-2008, 11:47 AM

John L. Smith from the Review Journal says it best...in his commentary today.

ReviewJournal.com - News - JOHN L. SMITH: With every step, clinic's boss fails to demonstrate any professionalism
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas