Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2017, 07:02 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,524,208 times

Advertisements

Have a feeling home pricing will be a roller coaster ride forever in Vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 07:45 AM

16 posts, read 26,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
Inflation peaked at 12% in the late 70's to early 80's. I remember some mortgages being written at 17%. Do you see the problem now?
What are those properties valued at now ? and what price were they bought at ? The middle class is not loaded with cash that looses value at inflation, the middle class is loaded with debt that will diminish by inflation. The people loaded with cash are not suffering to start with.

Old 02-25-2017, 03:00 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,953,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tridentsx View Post
What are those properties valued at now ? and what price were they bought at ? The middle class is not loaded with cash that looses value at inflation, the middle class is loaded with debt that will diminish by inflation. The people loaded with cash are not suffering to start with.
Wow! The way you describe it, who knew inflation was such a good thing for America?

Debt still needs to be paid off... with or without inflated dollars.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:39 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,154,751 times
And much of the debt has variable interest rates....

Yes and in my life time I have watched the culture go from save and make america strong to SPEND it's the right thing to do whether you have the money or not

They used to encourage you to save and buy bonds, not anymore got to prop up that dollar somehow.

I think as house prices flatten out some of the investors will get out. Not all of them want to hold properties as landlords some were only in it for the "quick" return. Most had no idea how much trouble being a landlord can be

If the rates move much a LOT of people will not be able to continue to service their debt......

Old 02-25-2017, 10:47 AM

2,928 posts, read 3,557,754 times
Maybe the larger hedge funds are exiting the real estate market but the investors that only own a couple of properties are taking their place.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...housing-market

Old 02-25-2017, 06:52 PM

I don't think they are leaving yet, mainly wishful thinking on my part.

I am far more concerned by some of the disappearing industries here like retail and valet.

Of course looking to buy cheap means what bad for the housing market is good for me.

Kind of makes me feel like the Grinch or a Don't better

I'm no hater just a big dip in the market will do

Old 02-26-2017, 02:36 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,557,754 times
I think the market is healthy right now. I don't think it's good to have double digit appreciation year after year, that's not sustainable. Vegas has not yet hit the values we saw in 2006 and I think we are going to get there by around 2022. If you're waiting for prices to come down, probably not going to happen but who knows. Our distressed inventory is less than 9% and that's going to continue to drop.

Old 02-26-2017, 04:54 PM

Maybe a little bump in interest rates

Old 02-27-2017, 12:30 PM

1 posts, read 843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
I think the market is healthy right now. I don't think it's good to have double digit appreciation year after year, that's not sustainable. Vegas has not yet hit the values we saw in 2006 and I think we are going to get there by around 2022. If you're waiting for prices to come down, probably not going to happen but who knows. Our distressed inventory is less than 9% and that's going to continue to drop.
Healthy? You must be out of your mind. I wonder if you Real Estate Agents with few weeks of training even know what healthy market is?
Do you people even have any idea what your industry and your lobby has done to this country? As we have all witnessed by now inflating financial markets and real estate doesn't equal to real economic growth.

And why would anyone want to go back to 2006 prices? Americans can't afford to buy those inflated homes already.

This just got reported today;
Mon Feb 27, 2017 | 10:03 AM EST
U.S. pending home sales fall to lowest level in a year

Against expectations of a 0.6% rise, pending home sales in January plunged 2.8% MoM - the biggest drop since May.
The West - the most expensive region - saw the biggest decline, down 10.3% MoM with The Midwest also tumbling 5.2% MoM.

As mortgage rates have soared since the election (and mortgage applications tumbled), affordability has become a major issue according to NAR with pending home sales at the lowest in a year.

Old 02-27-2017, 01:45 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,034,931 times
Quote:
Americans can't afford to buy those inflated homes already.
If that were true the prices would be lower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas