Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2017, 03:12 AM

294 posts, read 236,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I've stopped looking at this balloon that doesn't seem it can take one more puff of air before it explodes!

And not just here! In both Australia and Canada, it will be pop, pop, pop!

Those sitting it out in rental apartments will be the big winners, buying houses at half-price after the pop!
But compared to many other US Cities of similar size and importance, Vegas properties look still dirt cheap.
In my opinion they just recovered from ridiculously cheap to cheap. Do I miss something here?
A dog house in e.g. San Diego, California costs $1 million which will bring you a castle in Vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 03:18 AM

60 posts, read 48,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2016 View Post
But compared to many other US Cities of similar size and importance, Vegas properties look still dirt cheap.
In my opinion they just recovered from ridiculously cheap to cheap. Do I miss something here?
A dog house in e.g. San Diego, California costs $1 million which will bring you a castle in Vegas.
Real estate is over valued everywhere.

California residents have their heads up their asses, for living there. Vegas offers great value, but still overpriced.

If you want value, the South is where it is at....but who wants to live with rednecks?

My pick: Clay, NY. If you can handle the cold, you are good.

Old 07-06-2017, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Joey A View Post

California residents have their heads up their asses, for living there. Vegas offers great value, but still overpriced.

If you want value, the South is where it is at....but who wants to live with rednecks?

Oh I think Vegas weather is one of the best in the world and should add additional value to homes.
Besides the very hot but dry summers, the weather is great. Yes California is slightly better but the cost of living is so much higher that Vegas still comes out as big winner in my opinion. NY winters, no thanks (for me) !

Old 07-06-2017, 07:30 AM

23,224 posts, read 29,066,081 times
Quote:

It's hard to judge if West Coast Real Estate is over valued, given all the Chinese buyers who buy with cash, estimation 20-25% of the buyers in CA alone. They're also partly responsible for the stratospheric RE prices in Seattle, as Vancouver put some restrictions on Chinese buyers, and they're now doing to Seattle what they did to Vancouver.

My neighbor is moving back to Seattle next month, and she has an older 1940's 725 SF home there that's now valued at, unbelievably, $600k!

I don't believe we have nearly the Chinese buyers as on the West Coast.

The Chinese are also pumping up prices in Australia, 5% of Australia is now Chinese, with 2 Chinese suburbs in Sydney!

You know the rules for these cash-rich Chinese buyers: spend $500k on a house, stay 3 years, and you become a citizen. It Italy, spend X amount of money on real estate, and, unlike the U.S., you automatically become an Italian citizen, no 3-year wait. Ready for that? A Chinatown in Rome?

Old 07-06-2017, 08:58 AM

455 posts, read 652,445 times
Quote:

Congratulations for winning the most ignorant post of the day award...

Old 07-06-2017, 09:35 AM

8,153 posts, read 8,361,909 times
Quote:

Where in the South? If Texas is part of your redneck South, properties in most of the Texas cities are more expensive than in the LV valley, and I have not met more rednecks there than here.

Old 07-06-2017, 09:57 AM

15,867 posts, read 14,495,108 times
Really? North of Syracuse. I went to school up there. There's a reason RE is cheap there. NO ONE WANTS TO BE THERE.

Saying real estate in desirable high demand areas is overpriced is disingenuous. The real estate is expensive because of the demand. That's the way the market works.

In general the value of all asset classes has been driven up by the cheap money, low interest rate policies of most of the world's governments. Until that changes, prices aren't going to come down.

Quote:

Old 07-06-2017, 01:48 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,951,640 times
https://vegasinc.lasvegassun.com/new...mbing-in-june/

Old 07-06-2017, 02:52 PM

I have traveled most of the US states to find the home for my family. I also traveled more than 50 other countries. My wife and me agree, the the valley is the best place for us , at least in this part of our lifes. Before we went to Texas, Florida or California, we were sure that one of those 3 states will win the race, but after visiting most of the US, Las Vegas is really the best place (at least for us). Perfect weather, cheap real estate, friendly people and lot of things to do all year around! Having 0% Sate tax does not hurt as well I think a lot of people in this forum are complaining without realizing how good they really have it in Vegas... We are going to relocate from a place that has only 30% of the taxes compared to Nevada and we are going to be happy to pay the extra taxes for that kind of living Vegas offers.

Last edited by Michael2016; 07-06-2017 at 03:28 PM..

Old 07-06-2017, 04:59 PM

60 posts, read 48,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2016 View Post
I have traveled most of the US states to find the home for my family. I also traveled more than 50 other countries. My wife and me agree, the the valley is the best place for us , at least in this part of our lifes. Before we went to Texas, Florida or California, we were sure that one of those 3 states will win the race, but after visiting most of the US, Las Vegas is really the best place (at least for us). Perfect weather, cheap real estate, friendly people and lot of things to do all year around! Having 0% Sate tax does not hurt as well I think a lot of people in this forum are complaining without realizing how good they really have it in Vegas... We are going to relocate from a place that has only 30% of the taxes compared to Nevada and we are going to be happy to pay the extra taxes for that kind of living Vegas offers.
The culture is lacking in Vegas.

And the real estate is not cheap IMO....it is still in the upper 20% of expensive places to live.

Other than that, I agree with you 100 percent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas