Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2017, 09:54 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,341,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragabnh View Post
You guys are funny, there is a thing against Anthem/Seven Hills Area around here. I live in Anthem and I use Eastern all the time. No big deal at all, there are roads more congested in the Vegas area. I am very happy around here and there are multiple ways you can hit I-15, US95 and I-215. Access is not issue at all and actually better than a lot of other places.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Agreed. I live in Seven Hills. Certainly there is more traffic now than during the Great Recession, but it is nowhere close to Silicon Valley or Los Angeles traffic.
It is not a problem in Seven Hills. It is in the Anthem neighborhoods. And it is not a big deal in them but it is seen as a negative factor. Summerlin does not have a similar problem.

And it can be a nuisance. I spent 20 minutes getting down to the 215 a month or so ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2017, 02:19 AM

2,536 posts, read 2,735,642 times
You truly do not know what real traffic really is. I have never seen bad traffic in Las Vegas.

Old 09-02-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
You truly do not know what real traffic really is. I have never seen bad traffic in Las Vegas.
Did over 20 years on the 405. But irrelevant. It is a minor thing in Las Vegas. However people don't buy houses over paint color. So yes it is a factor.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:07 AM

8,144 posts, read 8,343,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Did over 20 years on the 405. But irrelevant. It is a minor thing in Las Vegas. However people don't buy houses over paint color. So yes it is a factor.
I agree with you that traffic, schools, neighborhood, price, floorplan, cosmetics, location, commute, design, landscaping, and tons of other specifics (in our case it was the views and community) are factors in home purchase decisions.

However, the traffic in South Henderson wasn't a factor for us and I have had no issues driving in the area. There are many back roads to go north and avoid Eastern. And its a snap getting to 15 or LV Blvd. Coming from a city with horrendous traffic 24/7 we were totally delighted by the ease of driving in Las Vegas area.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
I agree with you that traffic, schools, neighborhood, price, floorplan, cosmetics, location, commute, design, landscaping, and tons of other specifics (in our case it was the views and community) are factors in home purchase decisions.

However, the traffic in South Henderson wasn't a factor for us and I have had no issues driving in the area. There are many back roads to go north and avoid Eastern. And its a snap getting to 15 or LV Blvd. Coming from a city with horrendous traffic 24/7 we were totally delighted by the ease of driving in Las Vegas area.
I think we are having an agreement. it is a factor though not a big one. Particularly as the Volunteer path gets upgraded it is less of an issue.

Second time I moved to LA I again chose to go to OC. I knew exactly what the horrendous traffic was like and bought there anyway. Trade off of the house size and features versus the commute.

Same is true in southern Henderson. Many people chose to live there in spite of whatever traffic there is. Others go to the west side or even favor Seven Hills over the Anthem Country club.

So yes it is a factor but one of many.

Old 09-02-2017, 11:53 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,056,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post

I have to agree. Compared to Baltimore or DC traffic, this is a piece of cake!

Old 09-03-2017, 08:08 AM

8,144 posts, read 8,343,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Redfin just updated our value. Up $10,040 in the last 30 days. And they are historically at the bottom end of estimates.
Just a note about Redfin. I don't know their updated pricing formula but I believe they may apply market increases to last purchase price. So you would need to assume purchase price is relevant....not always!

I own investment properties and I get Redfin updates that are widely off base. Example: I paid $123K for a foreclosure in the Dallas, TX metro in 2012.... 2200 sq ft; wide and long offset from street on a private culdesaq -on a 1/3 acre backing up to preserve land, in a good school district. Even then, comparable homes were selling for $175k+. Today that house (with all the updates and changes I made) is worth $245K+.

Just got an "updated value" from Redfin on that place saying the new value is $143K. LOL!

Old 09-03-2017, 06:34 PM

414 posts, read 359,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
I have to agree. Compared to Baltimore or DC traffic, this is a piece of cake!
Agree as well. Coming from NJ, I laugh at what is considered "traffic" in Vegas. And for the most part drivers as more patient and courteous.

Old 09-03-2017, 07:36 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,862,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Did over 20 years on the 405.
Ever stop to think how many years that took off your life expectancy?

Old 09-03-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Ever stop to think how many years that took off your life expectancy?
well I am approaching or past the median. And for most of it I car pooled in a Company vehicle...All of the other members worked for me or my boss. So sometimes a car pool can be a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas