Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: People moving In and Out of Vegas Poll Question???
Do you know people moving out of Vegas at a stunning rate! 14 24.14%
Do you know people who stay for a while but hate Vegas 16 27.59%
Vegas is my Home and I plan to stay!!! 28 48.28%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 01:09 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Thanks Buzz. The tram and old town catch my eye. You mentioned too many Mexican food places. I just cant bring myself to eat that stuff.

Im a Hippy Cafe vegetarian kind of fool. I do eat seafood most of the time too.

Any state parks with lakes or rivers?
Dude, you're going to a city where they put green chilis in the cheesecake. Eating in New Mexico is a contact sport. NEW Mexican food is a combination of American, Spanish, Mexican, and Indian. I can't help you on the veggies except there is a Souper Salad on Montgomery and San Mateo. There used to be a good seafood restaurant on (I think) Academy just off San Mateo. Not sure it's still there.

Go to this site, scroll down to arts & recreation, and click on Tingley Beach, among other things.

Albuquerque - Official City Website

Old 08-05-2008, 01:14 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
Default Veggies in Albuq.

Here ya go ds41. Don't want you to starve. the ARTICHOKE cafe

Old 08-05-2008, 01:28 AM

1,158 posts, read 3,415,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Thanks Buzz. The tram and old town catch my eye. You mentioned too many Mexican food places. I just cant bring myself to eat that stuff.

Im a Hippy Cafe vegetarian kind of fool. I do eat seafood most of the time too.

Any state parks with lakes or rivers?
i'll save you the trouble buzz: technically it is new mexican food....quite different from mexican - although if you don't like one, my guess would be you don't like the other. but...you can always get something like shrimp diablo at some of the more 'touristy' places (not saying their food isn't good..just not necessarily authentic...but it will for sure let you get some green chile and sopapillas).

i'd guarantee you can find hippy cafe type stuff in santa fe...check out the cafe oasis or the tree house (breakfast-lunch only if i remember correctly). i know there are others down in the plaza area, but i can only remember those two by name. there is also a place in ABQ called 20 carrots. i haven't been to it, but i have heard good stuff.

you have the rio grande basically bisecting the state...but it is a western river, so unless there is an early melt, you might not catch it in its full glory. still, there are plenty of parks down around the river and there is national forest in all of the mountains. buzz mentioned bandelier...beautiful setting, cool ancient pueblo ruins, etc. it is a bit of a drive (about 2hrs from ABQ) but worth it. los alamos's bradbury science museum is also cool, if your in the area and find that stuff interesting. if you do head that way, i would highly recommend doing the loop:

the jemez are really a beautiful range (and i am biased as i grew up in them) and you will get the odd perspective of looking down on a 'secret' town (los alamos) built on the lava flows of an extinct volcano. you will actually drive through the caldera during your drive (info on valles caldera NP and the jemez). the drive is just beautiful. hmmm...that actually would make for an extremely long day....but any bit of it would be good.

or maybe just go to taos...can't really go wrong there either. i used to boat the rio grande up that way all spring/summer long (race course and the taos box). not to mention the brew pubs up that way....yum.

anyway...kinda waxed nostalgic for a bit there...really need to take a trip back there myself.

hope you have fun.

**if you only go to santa fe, you can also do a nice loop drive if you do one leg through the sandia's (turquiose trail)

Old 08-05-2008, 08:09 AM

14 posts, read 45,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessjim View Post
you also have no idea how post competently.

Really??? Do you not look at your screen while typing?

There is a key on the left of your keyboard...it says "caps lock". You might consider hitting it....again

Wow...and you called me an idiot.

I think the mods need to close this thread as it ceased to be useful a long time ago.

poor baby!!! Does the caps hurt your feelings because of all the truth i mentioned!!! Poor sweetheart. Is it going to make you cry!!! Like i said there is a sucker born every minute coming and living in las vegas!!! Is vegas baby!!!

Old 08-05-2008, 09:36 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,475,380 times
Hey Homeless...

Why in the world does it bother you that people can be happy and successful in Las Vegas?

Just because things didn't work out here for YOU, it doesn't mean that everyone feels the same as YOU do.

Instead of wasting your time, bashing a city and its inhabitants, step back and think about our sons and daughters over in Iraq, putting their lives on the line so you can come here and bash this place, the very essence of what they are fighting to preserve.

It doesn't matter whether anyone is for or against the war, our kids are there, fighting to protect your sorry A!!!!

Any one of those kids over there would jump at the chance to be here in Las Vegas, even for a day. Think about that before you spew your maniacal rantings here. Be thankful for what you have, even if your are "HOMELESS" because..... there are certainly others who have it worse than YOU.

Do what I do, volunteer to help out , contact Nellis AFB and find out who and then what, you can send to a soldier who doesn't get things from home, even a few words of encouragement written on a piece of paper from a stranger back home works wonders for a scared kid so far from home...contact Opportunity Village, Nathan Adelson Hospice or one of our senior centers, they always need volunteers.

Believe me, spending a day at any one of these places or "adopting a soldier" will humble you and make you thankful for what you have here in Las Vegas..even if you think you don't have anything at all.

Last edited by MomMom; 08-05-2008 at 11:03 AM..

Old 08-05-2008, 10:06 AM

1,158 posts, read 3,415,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOMELESSMAN View Post
poor baby!!! Does the caps hurt your feelings because of all the truth i mentioned!!! Poor sweetheart. Is it going to make you cry!!! Like i said there is a sucker born every minute coming and living in las vegas!!! Is vegas baby!!!
again w/ the nonsense. again w/ the incompetent post. again w/ the embarrassing yourself (i'll get to that in a bit).

i knew you had a problem understanding what a 'fact' was. now it is clear you don't understand the meaning of 'truth' either. but i am glad you were able to figure out that whole 'Caps Lock' thing (and i didn't even get a thank you for helping out). i know it was hard for you....we are all quite proud of our new little malcontent.

but back to the post: is there some reason why you haven't responded to the questions i asked? you know, the ones asking you to back up your posts with something tangible, rather than inane ramblings...but don't worry about it. i mean you figured out the 'Caps Lock', so that is probably enough for the week.

next week maybe we can potty train you...help you keep the verbal diarrhea where it belongs. i know it will an uphill battle...but you showed really good progress w/ the 'Caps Lock'. and hey...i tend to be optimistic.

but back to the embarrassing yourself....i can sum it up in 3 words:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOMELESSMAN View Post
Is vegas baby!!!
(just plain pathetic that you can't even get that part of your rant correct)

Old 08-05-2008, 11:31 AM

3,435 posts, read 6,988,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
And there are still homes being built here in Las Vegas as well, look in our newspaper in the Real Estate Section and take a drive around when you are here.

I've been to Albuquerque twice, it's OK and pretty scenery. It's far more humid, which is horrible to me and it's a typical SW place.

Big difference I see there is that it is more affordable than Las Vegas. I also noticed it is very quiet there. The sidewalks get packed up by 10pm in most places.

Let's face it, people want to live in Las Vegas for the excitement and the choices of things to do and places to go, and for the convenience of things. Albuquerque just can't compare, it doesn't have the Las Vegas Strip! That's why more people moved here and purchased homes ...and why there is less foreclosures in Albuquerque and MORE foreclosures here in LV. It just boils down to the fact that more people bought homes here in Las Vegas, than they did in Albuquerque. Hence, the higher number of foreclosures in LV...

I mean, lets face it. Ask folks where they'd like to own a home...

Las Vegas or Albuquerque...

You know most of them will pick Las Vegas....

Well when your comparing who is building more houses now that would probably be Albuquerque.. here they are building far more homes,TONS More,.. i was in vegas 2 weeks ago, its nice there however, for one they arent building as many houses maybe a few get thrown up every once awhile, i have family that lives there..,but as if you havent noticed Las Vegas lost 2,000 residences in just four months Albuquerque has gained 8,200 residences in 8 months.. so as of right now obviously people are choosing ALBUQUERQUE over vegas, for one vegas has the worst problem of foreclosures,.. we dont were one of the best in the country, darling i dont know if you have hear but as of the last 4 months were the 2nd fastest growing city in america

Also More people would choose albuquerque, were on the cnn top 10 best places to get a affordable home, here we have wayyyy more affordable homes.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:57 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,475,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Well when your comparing who is building more houses now that would probably be Albuquerque.. here they are building far more homes,TONS More,.. i was in vegas 2 weeks ago, its nice there however, for one they arent building as many houses maybe a few get thrown up every once awhile, i have family that lives there..,but as if you havent noticed Las Vegas lost 2,000 residences in just four months Albuquerque has gained 8,200 residences in 8 months.. so as of right now obviously people are choosing ALBUQUERQUE over vegas, for one vegas has the worst problem of foreclosures,.. we dont were one of the best in the country, darling i dont know if you have hear but as of the last 4 months were the 2nd fastest growing city in america

Also More people would choose albuquerque, were on the cnn top 10 best places to get a affordable home, here we have wayyyy more affordable homes.
Ummmm....who really cares? You trying to justify why you live in Albuquerque and not Las Vegas?

I'll clue you in, not too many want to give up their homes and lives here in LV to dash to homestead in Albuquerque my friend...

Going over and taking a look at the Albuquerque City-Data Forum..you got your problems there too darling...not everyone is as happy about being there as you are.

While Albuquerque is a beautiful place and it offers lots of art, food, culture and outdoor activity, it's not for everyone's liking, just like LV is not to everyone's liking. It's a matter of opinion. Just please stop trying to talk us into believing that you've discovered Utopia..

It just simply don't exist...

Nevertheless, I'm happy for you that you found the place that makes you feel good about yourself and your choice of where to live! Best of luck to you and yours!

mod note: jeez ...this thread has wondered so far off-course and since there are so many personal attacks and off-topic rants, I don't think it's any longer serving any usefulness. And, the OP hasn't even visited for almost 3 months. Thread is temporarily closed.

Last edited by scirocco22; 08-05-2008 at 12:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas