Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 07:24 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times

Advertisements

OVERQUALIFIED!

Next?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 09:24 PM

56 posts, read 171,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danknee View Post
If you get past the prescreening process I'd be very careful how you sell those qualifications. It could easily be interpreted as "head cashier at six flags that sometimes operated a roller coaster" and "I started a company that lasted two years before I ran it it into the ground bankrupt". In fact, that is exactly how it sounds to me.

Interviewers are going to see right through your fluff when they start asking the "tell me about a time you...." questions. Concentrate on your strengths and have solid experiences in mind that have a beginning, middle and ending with a positive outcome. Qualify your story with data and metrics if possible.

You may also want to run a spell check on anything you type. You should be able to spell entrepreneur and employed correctly on anything you submit to them.
Cashiers can not operate a roller coaster. I am a highly trained human resources professional who has conducted thousands of interviews. I have also trained over 10,000 for Six Flags.

In 2006 I started the largest direct mailed newspaper in Los Angeles that was profitable from almost the beginning. Things were good until late 2008. When your advertisers are going out of business because of the economy there isn't much that can be done.

The questions that the Venetian are probably the same questions that I asked at Six Flags.

Sorry about the spelling...Didn't know the spelling police were going to be on here.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:30 PM

1,828 posts, read 5,314,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckyb221 View Post
Cashiers can not operate a roller coaster. I am a highly trained human resources professional who has conducted thousands of interviews. I have also trained over 10,000 for Six Flags.

In 2006 I started the largest direct mailed newspaper in Los Angeles that was profitable from almost the beginning. Things were good until late 2008. When your advertisers are going out of business because of the economy there isn't much that can be done.

The questions that the Venetian are probably the same questions that I asked at Six Flags.

Sorry about the spelling...Didn't know the spelling police were going to be on here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
OVERQUALIFIED!

Next?
Or irrelevant experience. Either way.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:46 AM

2,457 posts, read 4,724,207 times
All the recruiters at Caesars ENT have bachelors in HR. The big fish in the small pond syndrome does not work well out here.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:23 PM

I had a great one hour interview with the Manager of Training and Development with the Venetian/Palazzo on Friday. I was able to skip the evaluation interview and go right to the top. They have a few more people to interview this week. I will hopefully hear back from them next week for the second interview and training test. The training test consists of facilitating a portion of the orientation training in front of supervisors and managers.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:38 PM

1,828 posts, read 5,314,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckyb221 View Post
I was able to skip the evaluation interview and go right to the top.
No way! They let you interview with Sheldon Adelson?

Old 04-15-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danknee View Post
No way! They let you interview with Sheldon Adelson?
My interview wasn't that close to the top. I was just glad I didn't have to do the preliminary/evaluation interview stuff. I was able to interview directly with the manager of training and development.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas