Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: For fun, let us know in the poll where you fall.
Upper Class - Elite 6 11.76%
Upper Middle Class 23 45.10%
Lower Middle Class 11 21.57%
Working Class 4 7.84%
Poor - Poverty Level 7 13.73%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 12:54 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,279,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnyc View Post
I don't get what you're saying.
You knew. Now goodnight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 12:55 AM

3,049 posts, read 4,547,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
No, there are your lousy choices as EA said. Losers whine and complain about everything being unfair. Winners see challenges as obstacles to overcome that will make their final victory more glorious. By Katie’s own admission, other people around her made good choices and invested wisely and she didn’t and others don’t and as a result they continue to be poor. I guarantee any non-mentally ill poor person you find, I can show you countless mistakes they make every day and every week to keep them poor.
When you take the sum of your posts in City-Data, and compile them, it appears that you've had a life of relative privilege. Many people don't have that and, therefor, they never get the opportunities you've had.

Old 07-30-2019, 12:55 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,637,620 times
Jibber jabber? Personal responsibility is jibber jabber to the left, yes, I guess that’s right. If you can’t succeed, that’s on you. It’s not anyone else’s responsibility to take care of you or help you, that’s on YOU! Plenty of people figure out a way to make it big in this country. The dumbest and laziest end up at the bottom, just as it should be. The unlucky might also end up at the bottom, but not for long, eventually hard work and perseverance does pay off.

I don’t care nor is it my business what your choices are, that’s up to you, but to whine about things being unfair in America is downright laughable!

Old 07-30-2019, 12:59 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,637,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
When you take the sum of your posts in City-Data, and compile them, it appears that you've had a life of relative privilege. Many people don't have that and, therefor, they never get the opportunities you've had.
Do you know how many people have all kinds of opportunities and do nothing with them. I’m not going to apologize for my situation. And I do feel sympathy for anyone with a disability and think we as a society should take care of them. But I’m not going to say I feel sorry for people who just repeatedly make bad decisions, then blame it on their upbringing or education or society or corporations. Life isn’t fair, nobody said it would be, but all you can do is your personal best.

Even if I did feel sorry for people with poor life situations, what does that mean? Am I supposed to think it’s everyone else’s job to pay for their lifestyles?! Why??

Old 07-30-2019, 01:01 AM

1,286 posts, read 1,482,665 times
Quote:
I agree.

Old 07-30-2019, 01:09 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,118,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post

Not all free speech is protected either. You can't yell fire in a crowded theater because people will stampede and get killed. You can't incite violence. If you're given a platform you're given a responsibility not to abuse that. If they can't live up to that then it's on them. In the case of de-platforming that came down to private entities that supplied those platforms. Private and public spaces are under different rules. Most of these online resources are not public utilities and users are subject to the terms of service. However, they're free to organize in public spaces and march but not without opposition thus you see the clashes between the fascists and the anti-fascists. The fascist work people up on forums instigating and organizing a traveling band to go into cities to publicly antagonize local communities. Then they claim they're the victims under the guise of free (hate) speech when they are met with opposition.

I disagree with this notion that I can't yell in a theater or incite violence.
Number one, if I yell fire, and everyone stampedes, it's not my fault they
A didn't look to see if there was a fire.
B didn't have the capacity to walk out orderly.

Inciting violence is the hugest pile of BS. People are responsible for their own actions.
If some dude gets up and starts telling me to beat up some guy I don't know for reasons I don't know, I am not going to beat up that dude.
That speaker can not incite me to violence because I am personally responsible for my actions.

And yes, private companies can absolutely dictate how to use their platform. I can also not use their platform. I can even start my own platform.
What I can't do is start my own country. So the country needs to respect the freedom of everyone equally. And the only way to do that is leave people the hell alone to do what they want up to the point they physically touch another person.

On the deplatforming thing, the problem with that is, it's a select group of people that disagree with the other group. It's not that they're violating rules. It's a rabid mob of leftists are violently demanding any contrary speech be shut down immediately or else.
I loathe and despise Alex Jones. I HATE that guy and everything he does. But I support his right to speak. He wasn't violating rules. He was violating the left's feelings. And these companies are run by leftists so they are happy to deplatform dissenters.
that's the kind of stuff I'm against.

You have people like Jordan Peterson and Dave Rubin being threatened and silenced. Dave Rubin is the biggest softy yesmen there is. That dude couldn't say anything even remotely controversial to save his life.
Peterson carefully chooses every single word he says. He's extremely careful to say things correctly and factually. The left shuts down all his speeches. They're doing their damndest to silence this dude all because he has the audacity to disagree with their feelings in favor of facts.

The one kid was dragged through the mud for smiling while someone else was shouting racist slurs at him. All because he had a red hat on.

It is crazy out there. And it's all because people are willing to give away their freedom of speech.

Old 07-30-2019, 01:11 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,118,948 times
Quote:
it appears that you've had a life of relative privilege. Many people don't have that and, therefor, they never get the opportunities you've had.

What a load of *******s. The left never ceases to find a way to dismiss anything that counters their world view of victimhood.

"privilege" or not if you make bad choices bad things happen. The rich become poor every single day due to bad choices.
The poor become rich every single day due to good choices. This privilege nonsense needs to stop.

Stop making excuses and start making your life better.

Old 07-30-2019, 01:15 AM

927 posts, read 883,864 times
Quote:
Your claim in post #9 that EA tried to prove for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post
Average income goes down when hundreds of thousands of 3rd world immigrants move to a city!
You need me to explain what an average is to you?

Old 07-30-2019, 01:23 AM

927 posts, read 883,864 times
Quote:
pepe/alt-reich/white nationalist
That Katy Perry... literally Hitler.

https://twitter.com/katyperry/status/531011411720151041

Old 07-30-2019, 01:53 AM

3,049 posts, read 4,547,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
What a load of *******s. The left never ceases to find a way to dismiss anything that counters their world view of victimhood.

"privilege" or not if you make bad choices bad things happen. The rich become poor every single day due to bad choices.
The poor become rich every single day due to good choices. This privilege nonsense needs to stop.
It can't, though. Privilege is that glaring issue staring everyone in the face. It's multifaceted.

Privilege is what allows a mediocre person with desirable anatomical features to succeed in life, and to step on the backs of others along the way.

Privilege is being born into a set of circumstances that have personally benefitted you, while failing to acknowledge that other people may not have been as fortunate.

Privilege is having the red carpet rolled out for you from the time you're born and never having to worry what it's like to have to truly earn things on your own.

Privilege is having society set up to cater to you while accusing others of being "whiney" or "jealous" when they point out your benefits.

Want to know the best way to get rid of privilege? Start by acknowledging that it exists. Identify it, and mitigate its effects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas