Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2020, 05:11 PM

526 posts, read 832,655 times

Advertisements

What is best cell phone carrier in Las Vegas?
What is best family plan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2020, 06:39 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,344,848 times
There are probably about as many answers to that as people who you ask. I have AT&T and I have had good luck with it. Others swear by Verizon.

I found this from Reviews.org, which may help you with sorting out plans and deciding which one works best for your situation.

Best Cell Phone Plans of 2020

Old 01-08-2020, 07:18 PM

661 posts, read 631,349 times
I have my family signed up for Mint Mobile. It is prepaid on a yearly basis for $180 X 5. It includes 3gb of data per month and unlimited talk and text. This is our second year with them with no issues.

Old 01-08-2020, 07:55 PM

901 posts, read 1,898,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadtam View Post
What's best for me may not be best for you. It's largely a function of where you live, where you spend most of your time, and what your definition of "good service" is.

We had AT&T for the first few years that we lived here. No real issues, actually they were pretty good, but we decided to take advantage of a promo TMO was offering. Without getting into details, it was a disaster and we went crawling back to AT&T about 3 weeks later. We had a similar experience with VZW, although not as bad as TMO. In hindsight, I wish we followed that old adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." We're with AT&T now and barring any unforeseen circumstances, we don't plan to change anytime soon.

For every story like mine, I'm sure you'll find someone else who had a different experience with VZW or TMO.

Old 01-08-2020, 07:59 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,058,516 times
I will put this out there for anyone who qualifies. 1,000 minutes, 3gb data and unlimited texting per month. I have been very satisfied with them. It is free as long as you qualify with at least one government program. Qlink is the best "Obamaphone" provider by far.

https://qlinkwireless.com/?utm_sourc..._campaign=nu06

Old 01-08-2020, 09:59 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,056,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadtam View Post
I've had them all and the only one where I don't lose bars anywhere is T-Mobile. That said, T-Mobile's service definitely leaves some things to be desired in some parts of town. Generally, calls/texts will work... data service in some areas may be slow, but working. Other areas its totally fine. T-Mobile actually holds the speed record, though. At 6:30am in NLV near Broadacres Swapmeet I clocked 120Mbps speeds on a (cheap and crappy burner) cellphone.

Verizon is the runner-up, but I regularly dropped calls even on 215 through Henderson and 515. Also, no data service EVER at Charleston/Decatur. That seems kinda pathetic IMHO for the year 2020 (and I ended my contract and went back to T-Mobile). However, where it was working good the Internet speeds were blazing fast, but the highest I ever clocked was 45Mbps.

AT&T was a disaster. Lots of places with no service.

Sprint was a joke. I never dumped a carrier faster before. Like one day and I was like NO.

Anyone else is an MVNO on one of the other carriers' networks.

Old 01-08-2020, 11:52 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
I miss T-Mobile. Always had great coverage in Aliante. It was only when going about the valley where I would lose the signal all the time.

Old 01-09-2020, 10:47 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,318,805 times
I couldn't be happier than having Consumer Cellular. Unlimited, never any problems, $32 a month.

Old 01-09-2020, 11:55 AM

61 posts, read 39,162 times
I recently joined Visible Mobile which uses Verizon towers and resources and had very good service and hotspot in my home up on the Summerlin mountains. One downside is that there is no brick and mortar store and everything is handled online. You can get your first month for $20 using a referral code (mine if you want to) and get $100 mastercard after paying for 2 months. Also, if you join a party of 4, you will only pay $25 per month as long as your party stays at 4. Everything is unlimited including hotspot too. I was able to watch Netflix on my fire stick while other devices were streaming youtube videos and browsing the internet.

Old 01-09-2020, 04:12 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,481,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
I couldn't be happier than having Consumer Cellular. Unlimited, never any problems, $32 a month.
Can you bring an existing phone to these plans? Or do you have to buy one of theirs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas