Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2020, 09:26 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
Nothing I stated is made up .

I have to wonder why you have such a vested interest in defending a traitorous Professor and 2 foreign nationals who got caught smuggling biological materials out of the country to WUHAN where Covid-19 originated.
Go back to QAnon please...

Old 04-04-2020, 09:33 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,058,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuff80 View Post
I read the article.

I was referring to your one world government. Enough said. I'll get you some extra tinfoil that I have.

https://youtu.be/etxjLz7eRU4

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/un...virus-response

"The United Nations Secretary-General, António Guterres, has announced the creation of a fund for addressing the global coronavirus pandemic – and he is simultaneously asking nations to contribute the equivalent of at least 10 percent of the annual income of the entire planet to a massive “human-centered, innovative and coordinated stimulus package” that would be administered at the international level."

https://www.un.org/press/en/2020/sgsm20029.doc.htm

"Finally, when we get past this crisis — which we will — we will face a choice. We can go back to the world as it was before or deal decisively with those issues that make us all unnecessarily vulnerable to crises. Our road map is the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.

The recovery from the COVID-19 crisis must lead to a different economy. Everything we do during and after this crisis must be with a strong focus on building more equal, inclusive and sustainable economies and societies that are more resilient in the face of pandemics, climate change and the many other global challenges we face.

What the world needs now is solidarity. With solidarity we can defeat the virus and build a better world."

Old 04-04-2020, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Go back to QAnon please...
I already told you I don't read QAnon.

Old 04-04-2020, 09:38 PM

1,066 posts, read 892,612 times
Quote:
It seems I'm the only one who's done any math.

The article is a far cry from where I take it? Like I said earlier, no coincidences.

I like how you dodge answering what political affiliation the professor has.
The math is right there, why can’t you answer my simple math problem?
Because you’re absolutely wrong.

Old 04-04-2020, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
The math is right there, why can’t you answer my simple math problem?
Because you’re absolutely wrong.
Because you don't cite the correct numbers and the CDC already has the stat you wanted posted right on their page. If you don't agree with what the CDC posted then I'm afraid you'll need to contact the CDC and find out how they came up with it.

Old 04-04-2020, 09:55 PM

1,066 posts, read 892,612 times
Quote:
Because you don't cite the correct numbers and the CDC already has the stat you wanted posted right on their page. If you don't agree with what the CDC posted then I'm afraid you'll need to contact the CDC and find out how they came up with it.
Wow, this is from the page you linked in the key points! lol.

"CDC estimates that so far this season there have been at least 39 million flu illnesses, 400,000 hospitalizations and 24,000 deaths from flu."

So again, tell me what 24,000 is as a percent of 39 million. This IS the CDC number, it's on YOUR page. Because it's not 8.2%, 8.2% is the percent of TOTAL deaths.

Just can't let this dangerous misinformation go unchallenged, someone equally as bad at math and statistics might stumble upon it.

Old 04-04-2020, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
Wow, this is from the page you linked in the key points! lol.

"CDC estimates that so far this season there have been at least 39 million flu illnesses, 400,000 hospitalizations and 24,000 deaths from flu."

So again, tell me what 24,000 is as a percent of 39 million. This IS the CDC number, it's on YOUR page. Because it's not 8.2%, 8.2% is the percent of TOTAL deaths.

Just can't let this dangerous misinformation go unchallenged, someone equally as bad at math and statistics might stumble upon it.
I don't know what you're talking about. The stat is clearly marked "P&I" Which stands for Pneumonia & Influenza, which is how the CDC aggregates the stats. If you take 24K/400K you end up with 6%. The 39 million is an estimate of total cases based on what they extrapolated. That seems to be the CDC's estimate of flu illnesses alone without including Pneumonia. The presumption would be that the balance (2.2%) would be Pneumonia cases and this tracks very closely with the 2.4% I calculated based on the real time data. CDC's data lags by several days.

Apparently, its lost on you that the CDC could not possible know that there were 39 million flu illnesses with certainty because 39 million people have not been tested. The CDC does track the number of hospitalizations and mortality and would actually have those numbers. Whenever you're talking about mortality rate, you're always talking about the mortality rate of KNOWN cases which in this case ARE the hospitalizations because no other data has been provided by the CDC in the statement you quoted. However, there is a nice little chart on that page that has some more detail.

I'm not sure what your point is? With that data you're only proving my point that Influenza alone is a more potent threat than COVID-19.

Old 04-04-2020, 10:55 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,118,948 times
The goddamn surgeon general stated to use cloth to stop the spread of a microscopic virus...

Cloth has holes big enough to see with your naked eye.

Viruses are too small to see with your naked eye...

Take alll the time in the world to think about that...

They shut down the economy for bull$#!+

https://news3lv.com/news/coronavirus...-your-own-mask

Old 04-04-2020, 11:05 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,552,974 times
He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Old 04-04-2020, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
The goddamn surgeon general stated to use cloth to stop the spread of a microscopic virus...

Cloth has holes big enough to see with your naked eye.

Viruses are too small to see with your naked eye...

Take alll the time in the world to think about that...

They shut down the economy for bull$#!+

https://news3lv.com/news/coronavirus...-your-own-mask
The idea might be to stop people's spittle from coughing and sneezing from getting all over everyone else, but I agree that such an effort is probably ineffective for airborne viruses.

It was just on the news that a nurse in NYC died after exposure. I'm willing to bet she was wearing the requisite N95 mask, face shield, etc.

Interesting tidbit from the article in NYC:

"About 16 percent of the city's cases to date have required hospitalization, around the same as the state's percentage, the mayor's office said. Twenty-three percent of the currently hospitalized patients are in ICUs."

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coro...e-day/2344831/

So 84% of cases require no hospitalization and 77% of those admitted to the hospital do not require access to an ICU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas